Profile for Heroesinbooks > Reviews

Content by Heroesinbooks

Heroesinbooks (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fall With Me (Wait for You)
Fall With Me (Wait for You)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Roxy and Reece Stars, 5 April 2015
I have enjoyed every book in this series. Each has its own couple to focus on but draws on the other characters in the books. Cam and Avery will always be special , but for me, Reece and Roxy are right up there with them. Maybe it's because these two are both working ( not such a college feel- Roxy does online classes) , but this book definitely feels more mature. It also packs a few heart stopping suspense filled pages that had me hooked. I normally can take or leave suspense but this book hooked me completely. Hairs raising....goose bumps....the works! So well written. Reece is everything you want in your yummy alpha hero~ hot, passionate , loyal and perfectly imperfect. Roxy was funny , feisty, very real and so very much in love with her man. Excellent read- 5 stars and then some!
Recommend over 18's only due to sexual content and swearing. Also, recommend you read series in order to get the best out of it. It's time and money well spent.

Sweet Hope (Sweet Home Series Book 4)
Sweet Hope (Sweet Home Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Sexiest / Most Passionate Sweet Stars, 3 April 2015
WHOA!!!! Someone pass me some sweet southern ice tea because DAMN this book is HOT!!! I am talking Kindle freezer moments, panty melting, flush inducing, can't stop thinking about it , sensually, white hot ,raw , up against the wall HOT.
Tillie Cole can write a tortured , badass alpha hero like no other author out there. This hero is in my favourites list.
I am not giving you the synopsis because this is a book you need to just dive into and devour. Ally Prince -Romeo's cousin- is our heroine and she is so well written. She's a dark horse our girl.
The raw passion in this book will grab your heart, trust me. If you have never read this series, start from the beginning. Each book is fabulous.
I highlighted so many parts of it. I loved every page. Enjoy!

Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC #3)
Strength from Loyalty (Lost Kings MC #3)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Sparkling Gorgeous Rock and Hope Stars, 3 April 2015
I only discovered Autumn Jones Lake's Lost Kings MC books about 3 months ago. The first one, Slow Burn , hooked me from the start. It was a refreshingly different plot with fantastic characters. Then the second book, Corrupting Cinderella (love that title btw) continued with the story of Hope and Rock's relationship. So, you can imagine that after I had devoured these two novels I was itching to read the third instalment- Strength From Loyalty. I had the release date marked on the calendar and everything!
Strength From Loyalty finds Hope and Rock very much in love but there are events that occur that test the strength of the relationship they are building.
There are so many things about this series and this author's style of writing that I love. Hope is such a real character. She has flaws but ultimately that makes her believable and loveable. She is the sort of person you would want as a friend and at times in this book my heart ached for her- I just wanted to give her a hug.
Rock.....wow, just WOW. Rock is way up there in my top 5 Kindle Crushes. He is alpha badass- no doubt. As an MC President he has to have an edge to him but he is so beautifully written that you accept all of that quite happily because if there was ever a man good enough for Hope, it's Rock North. He is gorgeous, deep, protective, possessive and loyal.
The story is written from both Hope and Rock's pov which works brilliantly. Their inner monologues are hilarious sometimes and also heartwrenching at others.
The banter between them is so entertaining but I also thoroughly enjoyed the interactions between all the others in the Lost Kings. Trinity is just awesome- cannot wait for her story. Wrath is complicated, deep and highly addictive. I am itching to read about the whole Heidi, Axel , Murphy situation....how is that going to work out?? Interesting that Sophie flew under the radar a bit but you just felt that storyline potential bubbling under the surface. Then there is Z and Lilly. I think I have soft spots for Z and Wrath. Eh, who am I kidding, I think all the Kings are awesome. Even spaced out Sparky!
I read a lot of MC books and there are many different styles of writing in this genre. If you go for hardcore violent gritty MC reads (Madeline Sheehan , Crystal Spears) then you should be aware that this series is not as brutal. There is a darker side to it but that is not the focus of these books and it certainly is not as graphic regarding violence as some novels out there. I prefer that it is less graphic. I sometimes feel some authors are going solely for the shock factor , which works brilliantly for some stories. But, this is ultimately a love story that will grip you from the first page of Slow Burn , all the way to the last page of Strength From Loyalty. It is such a well written series that has passion (some serious Kindle freezer time required), humour , heartwrenching moments , drama and just enough angst to balance it all. What makes it special and unique is the way the author draws you in so that you feel you are with Hope and Rock all the way along and that theirs really is a soul deep , life changing love. I cannot recommend this series highly enough nor can I wait for more books about the Lost Kings MC - please write lots more Autumn!!
You know a book has been awesome when you are still thinking about it and getting the 'feels'. For those romance junkies like me, it will tick every box and then some. Enjoy.

Deep: (Stage Dive series 4)
Deep: (Stage Dive series 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Rocking Stars, 3 April 2015
This has been an incredibly good series. Each book about a different band member and their respective women has been really well written~ definite page turners all of them. Have to say, this is my favourite. Ironic really, because all along I probably liked Ben the least. But in this book I kind of 'got' Him more. I always think it is harder to write a good heroine but Ms Scott nailed it here. Lizzy is my favourite out of all the girls by a long shot. I warmed to her straight away and I loved her humour, strength and moments of kick ass.
Is the series really over?? Please can Vaughan have a story. I can just imagine a new series of yummy rockers. Hell to the
fire-truck yeah!!!
Deep is a gorgeous book with a fab epilogue. Loved every page. It's sexy, funny, romantic and a little bit angsty. I can feel a series re read coming on......

Finding Stone (The Stone Brothers Series Book 1)
Finding Stone (The Stone Brothers Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5-4 Finding Stone Stars, 29 Mar. 2015
The first half of this book I struggled a bit with the writing style. It felt like the dialogue was a little stilted and abrupt but I liked the story. Then, it felt like something just clicked into place. I'm not sure if it was just that the author got more comfortable with her characters or if it just flowed better as the story progressed but the style did improve greatly in my opinion. This is the first book in a series, focusing on the eldest Stone brother, Noah and his love interest, Molly. I always think the first book must be the toughest to write because it sets the scene for the others and has to introduce so many characters. The next book will be about Maddox, the youngest brother, and I will definitely be reading it.
This one felt like a rough diamond . There is a really good story to tell with some interesting characters. Lots of potential . Lovely ending too.

Fisher's Light
Fisher's Light

5.0 out of 5 stars 5+++++ Lucy and Fisher Stars, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Fisher's Light (Kindle Edition)
When I read the blurb for this book, I thought it sounded like a really good book. I had the release date marked on my iPhone, eagerly read early reviews and was looking forward immensely to reading Fisher and Lucy's story. The danger of anticipating a lot from a book is that it can fall short of your high expectations. Ms Sivec blew my expectations out of the water. I ADORED this story. It is beautifully written from both Lucy and Fisher's viewpoints in both the present and the past. Some authors that attempt to incorporate flashbacks or past pov's in their novels do it in a way that it disrupts the story but in this book it flows effortlessly which is a reflection on the authors talent for storytelling.
I don't think you need me to tell you the synopsis of the book. Enough to say this is an epic , poignant , heartwrenching, at times funny, passionate and simply beautiful tale of second chance love. It's about two true soulmates who absolutely should be together. Some of it is so sad~ watching Fisher struggle with his PTSD and the path it takes him down. Watching Lucy do everything she can to save her marriage to the love of her life.
Both lead characters are so interesting and captivating from the start. Bobbie and Ellie make gorgeous best friends for our H/h respectively. I thought Trip should be my grandpa. I wanted to throat punch Melanie on Lucy ( and Fisher's) behalf. Vicious little witch.
Really, there are such a rich tapestry of supporting characters that I felt like I was right there with them. I know this is a standalone with an ear to ear beaming smile of a happy ending BUT I would love Ms Sivec to write more about the residents of Fisher's Island . Pretty please????
So, if you adore true proper , grown up love stories with a broken but fixable hero and a heroine who you will like equally, then read this book. I stayed up til 2am to finish it ..... you will too.

Win by Submission (Against the Cage)
Win by Submission (Against the Cage)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Tough Guy Stars, 28 Mar. 2015
I enjoyed this story but it did take me a little while to get into it. Katrina and Cole were both well written characters that developed nicely through the book. It tackles the issue of domestic violence which it did well I think. Cole was a real badass alpha hero who you couldn't help but like. I like my characters to have a lot of dialogue and for me this book was a little bit too descriptive / inner monologue at times. But that's just my preference and not a reflection on a very well written book. The last 30% , the pace really picks up and was a real page turner at that point. If you like alpha male leads, likeable heroines and some quite intense suspense/ drama then this is the book for you. Nice epilogue. Would read subsequent novels in the series.

Stone Walls: Stone Walls: a Romantic Suspense Novel
Stone Walls: Stone Walls: a Romantic Suspense Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stone Stars, 26 Mar. 2015
I read a lot of books but I have not read many romance/suspense ones. It took me a while to get into this but I think that's more down to me than the book. It is well written and the characters are slowly but surely developed. Very passionate in places . Ben and Ella make for a pretty hot combo. I thought Andrea , Rob and Farley were interesting secondary characters. I hope Farley gets a book - he intrigued me.
So, to summarise, strong storyline, some proper drama, no cheating, no cliffhanger, some hot stuff and really likeable hero and heroine. Also, a really lovely epilogue.

When I Fall (Alabama Summer Book 3)
When I Fall (Alabama Summer Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars THERE ARE JUST NOT ENOUGH STARS!, 23 Mar. 2015
I have loved every single book by J.Daniels. The Alabama Summer Series has it all. And this book....well, this book was the very best in a fantastic series. Reed is one of my favourite ever heroes. I laughed out loud at some of his lines and I LOVED his inner monologues . He was so sweet with Nolan~ their interactions were just gorgeous. Then there was Reed's passionate side. Sweet Jesus the man can talk dirty. Kindle freezer moments are mandatory .... phew!!! It was addictive reading watching him fall for Beth. Beth is such a brilliantly written heroine. I adored her. She was strong but vulnerable. Sweet and sassy. And she was so open in her love for him.
Great to see the others in the gang. I liked how involved the other four were. Oh....and I so want C.J's story . I don't think I have ever highlighted so many bits of a book. Definitely on my faves/ re read/ top hero/ best of 2015 lists!

Shaken, Not Stirred (The Last Call Series Book 5)
Shaken, Not Stirred (The Last Call Series Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tenn Stars!!, 21 Mar. 2015
This is such an excellent series. I have devoured every book and was really looking forward to the unobtainable Casey Markham meeting her match. And wow!! Tenn Jennings more than met it . The man is scorching. He even ties with Brody as my favourite guy in the series.
If you love stories about families and friends where they all link up but can be read as standalones and there are no cliffhangers then this is the series for you. Each one focuses on a different couple. There is humour, love, a little angst, hot sex and a really entertaining story. Highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20