Profile for Heroesinbooks > Reviews

Content by Heroesinbooks

Heroesinbooks (U.K)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Beautiful Outlaw (Savage Outlaws MC Book 1)
Beautiful Outlaw (Savage Outlaws MC Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a really good start to an MC series that will evolve beautifully ..., 19 Nov 2014
4 OMG THE EPILOGUE STARS!!

This was a really good start to an MC series that will evolve beautifully I think. Shay and Bowie have a fast paced story. He is asked to protect her by her brother Jeremy (Lock) after her abusive marriage collapses. Lock and Bowie were in the military together and despite now leading very different lives , they maintain a strong bond. The inevitable attraction flares between Bowie and Shay and they have some seriously HOT moments together. Add into this all the crazy stuff going on around them and you have yourself an addictive book.

So why not 5 stars? I found Bowie was changing his mind about Shay a lot at the start of the story (although it was mainly his inner monologue) and also, I felt their relationship was super fast to start. Also there were quite a few editing issues but that is just my own hang up!

The story is told in both the H/h pov. The chapters are quite short and snappy at times which I liked. Each chapter is titled rather than numbered which was quite quirky. There are some heart pounding passionate scenes. Lots of swearing and violence as per the genre of the MC book. Lots of Alpha males staking claims, Club Whores causing trouble and some really off the walls crazy going down. I loved it!
There is no cliffhanger in the romantic sense but you are guided into the next character's story by the epilogue. And crikey...that was an epilogue that tipped the warm and fuzzies I was feeling straight out the window.
So , excellent ending, good cast and the promise of far more to come. Highly recommend.

Risk (Gentry Boys#2)
Risk (Gentry Boys#2)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Beautifully Brutal Stars, 17 Nov 2014
This brilliant series continues with Creed and Truly's story. These two are soul mates. Both are from hard backgrounds. Both felt unworthy of love or that it would never happen to them, but crikey, these two make sparks fly when they get together and then they develop the sweetest , most intimate and abiding relationship. Creed is such a beautifully written character and Truly is a fantastic heroine. Of the three Gentry Boys, Creed is perhaps the darkest and broodiest. But OMG, this man absolutely rocks the whole silent, alpha , love you like a wrecking ball , gorgeous, lay his life down for you hero. Welcome to my Heroes Top Ten Mr Creed Gentry.
Truly is quite fascinating too. You cannot help but like her and she endears herself to the reader throughout the story.
The other characters are woven into the story beautifully . I'm very curious to read and learn more about Stephanie. I'm also hoping that Declan (their cousin) gets a book.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

There is violence, sex and swearing in the book so recommend over 18's only. Chase's story is next.

Laces and Lace (The Assassins Series Book 6)
Laces and Lace (The Assassins Series Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Karson Is The Best Stars!, 12 Nov 2014
The Assassins is such an addictive series. This is Lacey and Karson's story and a very moving one it is too. This book is about surviving and about love giving you a second chance with the love of your life.
At times I wanted to slap certain characters upside the head. Some of them were adorable. J.T was.....unique, shall we say! Fantastically funny Thanksgiving scene.
Really good read that continues an excellent series.

Zane (Inked Brotherhood Book 3)
Zane (Inked Brotherhood Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4. DELICIOUSLY INKED STARS, 10 Nov 2014
Wow! Each of these books is a dark and captivating read. Good to catch up with the whole gang. Zane and Dakota are so right for each other. Sad story in places. Dakota's family were the perfect light balance. Looking forward to Dylan and Tessa's story in December.

Assumption: Underground Kings
Assumption: Underground Kings

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Yummy Alpha Kenton Stars, 7 Nov 2014
I really enjoyed the 'Until' series. This is a spin off starting with the boys' cousin Kenton and his love interest, Autumn. Kenton is a lovely hero- total badass , scrumptious alpha male. Autumn had been to hell and back. She was a strong but fragile heroine that I loved. Great book. Looking forward to the next one...
If you love alpha males, sassy heroines, seriously HOT moments with a good amount of romance, buy this book.

Second Chance Holiday. (Novella)
Second Chance Holiday. (Novella)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Gorgeous Novella Stars, 6 Nov 2014
Great little read. Nice to see Mike get his own story and to cat h up with Asher, Trevor, Cash and Nico and their women.

SHADES: An Evil Dead MC Story (The Outlaw Series Book 3)
SHADES: An Evil Dead MC Story (The Outlaw Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Each book gets better stars....., 6 Nov 2014
I devoured this book. The whole series has been so good and this third novel was the best so far. The first book was Cole and Angel' s story, then we moved on to Crash and Shannon. In this book we move to another Evil Dead chapter ,away from California and across to Alabama to get Shades and Skylar's story. And what a story it is. I liked still hearing a bit about Cole and Crash but I really like the characters in this club chapter especially Ghost. Then there are the guys from New Orleans too. Blood definitely has my interest. So many more tales to tell and I see that there are books in the offing for Wolf, Ghost and Blood. (How does Ms James think up all these names??)
However, going back to the book in question... Shades is a brilliantly written hero. All alpha badass but so completely in love with Skylar. The balance is perfect. I felt for Sky with her history and her character grew on me through the book. I would have liked to see her make a female friend. After Letty no one else made that connection with her. Maybe Tink in the future? The humour and banter in this book sealed the deal for me. Great writing. I love the way the author describes their body language so effortlessly. It sets the picture in your mind brilliantly. I feel like I'm on a journey with this author and het brilliant characters. You can see her writing style changing and evolving with each book. They are all fantastic reads . For me, this is the best so far. Drama. passion, steam factor, humour, deep abiding bonds and perfect ass kicking of the baddies. The only thing I wanted to see that I didn't was for Ashley to be dealt with more. Maybe that's for another book. Highly recommended to any MC addict like me!

The Rocker Who Cherishes Me (The Rocker... Series Book 8)
The Rocker Who Cherishes Me (The Rocker... Series Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Rocking Wizard Stars!!!!, 4 Nov 2014
This is such an addictive series. Wroth is gorgeously, darkly alpha and Marissa is such a brave sweetheart. Theirs is a deep love that draws you in from the start. Great to see what's going on with the other Rockers and their families. Natalie and Devlin are next.....
Can I just say....Wizard of Oz ....pure genius. Loved it!

Almost Like Love
Almost Like Love

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Sweet Romantic Stars, 3 Nov 2014
This review is from: Almost Like Love (Kindle Edition)
Nice, easy read about an unwilling to commit business man and a gorgeous writer who had a really bad day.
Funny banter, a clue of hot moments and a lovely ending although I would have liked an epilogue but that's just me!

All Broke Down: A Rusk University Novel
All Broke Down: A Rusk University Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Super Silas Stars, 2 Nov 2014
This second book in the series has quite a different feel to it compared to the first one. Silas is a very different character to Carson and that reflects in the tone of this book. This one is edgier, darker, moodier somehow. I really liked Silas' character and Dylan grew on me. The reason I gave 4 stars and not 5 is because there was just a bit too much inner monologue at times, especially from Dylan, but that is my preference for more conversation. The book is well written with a good ending but still leaves you looking forward to hearing more about these guys. Torres gets his story next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20