Profile for Ms. Rj Moore > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Spiritual Anorexia: How Contemporary Worship Is Starving the Church
Spiritual Anorexia: How Contemporary Worship Is Starving the Church

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Worthwhile Book, 1 Aug. 2013
When I was a teenager my Mum took me to a very traditional church where she and I were both in the choir (and we still are!) I love the beautiful ancient words and harmonies and our fantastic church organ. However, my Dad took me to his local Baptist church in the evenings - which had changed alot since he'd been there when he was younger and was now very modern with rocky music and contemporary style worship. I hated it!!! Despite being the age group it was aimed for, it really wasn't for me! I had already learned a much more beautiful and fulfilling type of worship in my traditional church.... However, I did get a crush on the worship leader...!! He was very good looking and I adored watching him sing sensually into the microphone. The music leader at my traditional church wore a long white gown and seemed much more professional. But even though I had lots in common with him and loved his sense of humour, I always saw him as a teacher, not a potential lover...! Both of these men had wives, so why did I develop a crush on one and not the other?? Because of their STYLE! The traditonal music leader was respectable and always created a barrier between himself and the choir - we were the singers and he was our leader. The modern worship leader, in his open shirt and jeans, strumming his guitar - created an impression of intimacy. I really think that says it all about the spiritual damage that modern worship is doing to our churches and our young people today....!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 27 April 2013
This wind chime is very good, it makes a nice tinkle in the breeze but not too much, it's just right! I got it to amuse my cats. :-)

Decorative Garden Pots with Cascading Water Effect and Solar Lights, Height 28cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading..., 4 Sept. 2012
This does not actually cascade water - it is just an ornament! Or if there IS somewhere to add water, I certainly haven't found it!) It just twinkles a few little lights to give the effect, which is not what I was looking for, as I have a cat who loves to watch running water! I wanted an ornament where you can add real water. Very pretty ornament, otherwise!!

Make Your Own Paper Chain Kit '50's Christmas' 10 metres
Make Your Own Paper Chain Kit '50's Christmas' 10 metres

3.0 out of 5 stars Look nice, shame about the sticky tabs....., 20 Dec. 2011
I like these but have yet to make them, as the sticky tabs are so hard to peel off I had to buy my own double-sided sticky tape....!!

Metallic Christmas Card Holder with Pegs - BUY ONE GET ONE FREE
Metallic Christmas Card Holder with Pegs - BUY ONE GET ONE FREE
Offered by Christmas Concepts Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered...!!, 20 Dec. 2011
The pegs I received were nothing like the ones pictured. They were flimsy, plastic red and green ones, which I did not like and could not use - far too flimsy to prevent my 5-month-old kitten from knocking all the cards down!!! Had to order more suitable ones from Boots - which were fine, and very much like these should've been. So buyer beware, may not be as pictured.......!!

Captivating: Unveiling The Mystery Of A Woman's Soul (Participant's Guide)
Captivating: Unveiling The Mystery Of A Woman's Soul (Participant's Guide)
by John Eldredge

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, 20 May 2011
Great to have a study guide for this book, although by the time I bought it, I had already done most of my self-study as I read through Captivating, without needing the aide of a guide!! So not completed the Guide book yet, may still do so at a later date...

Captivating
Captivating
by John Eldredge

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven-sent, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Captivating (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book. I was worrying about some issues surrounding my childhood and adolesence, and the fact that I have always found it so hard to forgive my mother for mistakes she made at the time. It was really weighing heavily upon me, knowing that I must eventually forgive her. I walked into a Christian bookshop actually looking for a different book, but this was the book that the Holy Spirit led me towards. I was tempted to pick up many of the books on the shelves, but God ensured that the first and only book I that I needed was this one. How right He was!! Within the pages of this book are contained all of the issues of my life, and what really caused them, seen from God's Heavenly perspective. It is only in this perspective that they made sense, and enabled me to see my mother as a flawed human being, who is also a sinner. And enabled me to finally bring my broken heart to Christ.

Sid James: Cockney Rebel
Sid James: Cockney Rebel
by Robert Ross

5.0 out of 5 stars Rob Ross scores again!, 11 Dec. 2009
One again, Robert Ross has shown his great affection for the much-loved Sid James in this brilliant book. It gives a much more balanced view of the life of the Carry-On actor, who had previously come under fire for his "womanising" ways!
Rob is a true Sid James fan and has researched the great man's life extensively, including many an interview with his wife Val James. Rob Ross remembers Sid's most important legacy - the ability to make us all smile and laugh and to warm up many a cold, dark evening with his crinkly face. I for one would have loved to meet Sid, even when I was just a small child, having loved him all my life. Rob is right that for many women, Sid was not a sex symbol but more like a father figure. I could see myself aged about five, having such a giggle with him - poking his jolly cheeks and big nose, and the two of us blowing raspberries at each other! That is the kind of innocent clown-like humour that Sid possessed. Alas, I was sadly born after his death. But with this book, you can seize the day and pretend for a while that the lovable Sid lives again! :-)

New Vintage - The Best Of Simon May
New Vintage - The Best Of Simon May

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon's Wayhey!, 1 Nov. 2008
Fantastic CD!! Simon May really is so very underrated, he composed some of the best-known music on TV - the fabulous themes to Howards Way, Eastenders and Trainer to name just a few. The soundtrack to my teens! You will find all of these and much more on this CD. It is obvious that Simon could've been a great classical composer like Mozart himself had he been born a few hundred years earlier ! And there is a joyful tribute song on here to Mozart himself, called "Wolfgang", it is one of my favourite songs on this CD!! Simon also sings. Mr May the Maestro !!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2012 1:47 PM GMT

Flanimals (Faber Pocket Guide)
Flanimals (Faber Pocket Guide)
by Ricky Gervais

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly hilarious!, 26 Jan. 2007
Absolutely brilliant!!

I have been meaning to get this book for the past few years, now finally I have done! It's hysterically funny, you really need to appreciate silly slapstick humour!

Certainly not just for kids - I'm in my 20s and I can't wait to show it to my mum at the weekend, she will love it!

I'm not keen on Gervais as an actor, but as a writer he is fantastic!!

Can't wait to get all the other Flanimals books now!

Page: 1 | 2