Profile for R.G. Thomas > Reviews

Content by R.G. Thomas

R.G. Thomas

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Foodseal 50 Pack Vacuum Food Sealer Bags: 22cm (width) x 30cm (length), 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guaranteed!
Offered by Bobble Overstock

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but............., 30 Jan. 2016
The bags are good quality and a useful size unfortunately the open end was so curled on delivery its impossible to get into my automatic FoodSaver machine the only way i can use these bags is to trim the curled part off ,not a major hassle but an unwanted chore.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Basily Cut Resistant Kitchen Gloves
Basily Cut Resistant Kitchen Gloves
Offered by AbcoTech Direct

3.0 out of 5 stars I didnt get cut but.........., 9 Jan. 2016
Using a mandolin for the first time i tried to cut chips after the first spud hole in thumb second potatoe hole in one of the fingers not sure if its my technique or the gloves.I'll give three stars because without the gloves i would have cuts on my thumb and finger.
Not impressed
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2016 4:41 PM GMT

Seiko Men's Quartz Watch Sportura Kinetic SRG021P1 with Leather Strap
Seiko Men's Quartz Watch Sportura Kinetic SRG021P1 with Leather Strap
Offered by Nigel Pearce & Son, Jewellers

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it I like it a lot !, 2 Sept. 2015
This is the most expensive watch I have ever bought but it certainly looks the business oozes quality and most importantly keeps good time.
The Kinetic system is exceptional you move the watch charges no need for batteries or so they say I have owned a very early Seiko Kinetic watch that one needed a new cell or battery or whatever is inside to keep the watch running ( it lasted 5 years however ) so hopefully this one will last much longer. I think getting it serviced following manufacturers recommendations will help keep it going trouble free,if you are in the market for a Seiko kinetc watch this is a very good example but because it's a direct drive model it does cost more than other Kinetics but in my opinion it is worth the extra cost .
I like it I like a lot!

Acctim 74057SL Stratus Radio Controlled LCD Wall Clock, Silver
Acctim 74057SL Stratus Radio Controlled LCD Wall Clock, Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars nice clock....................BUT!, 29 May 2015
The clock arrived fitted batteries a couple of minutes later it had found the signal and showed the correct time brilliant, unfortunately within 12 hours the screen was blank, the batteries I fitted were not the best make so a trip to the shops I bought Duracell fitted all good but within the hour blank again. I liked the clock it looked good and for the short time it worked it kept good time as you would expect from a radio controlled timepiece but I lost confidence and replaced it with a different make analogue radio controlled clock.

De'Longhi Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine ECAM22.110.B, 220 W
De'Longhi Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine ECAM22.110.B, 220 W

3.0 out of 5 stars Good when it works!, 12 April 2015
I bought this machine towards the end of November and had to replace it in March I didn't get the same machine I got a Delonghi espresso instead.My reason for changing machines was the reviews on Amazon .com there is a problem with this coffee maker if you like strong coffee it struggles with very oily beans,it does advise in the instructions not to use caramelised or candied beans unfortunately being new to this coffee lark I only used dark roast beans strength 5 or 6 so very oily (caramelised ) if I had read the U.S. Reviews before buying I would not have bought this machine. It was cleaned regularly as per the instructions so it failed due to the beans used clogging up the the grinder.
I think the instructions should be clearer if oily beans are a machine killer give the customer that message in BIG RED LETTERS that cannot be missed. When it worked it was great making good coffee it was easy to clean my only criticism was the water tank needed filling too often also the cost of the filter that lasts 2 months. Three stars and I think I'm being generous and my new machine EC860.M is brilliant
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2016 8:05 PM BST

Sons of Anarchy - Season 7 [DVD]
Sons of Anarchy - Season 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlie Hunnam

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it I like it a lot !, 4 April 2015
First a rant for the love of God WHY WHY did not one TV channel pick up the last two seasons of this show when ( in my opinion ) there is so much RUBBISH shown on our channels from across the pond.
I bought season 6 off Amazon and it was as good as the last 5 seasons I couldn't wait for season 7 in a bitter sweet sort of way needed to see the end but knowing it was the end!
I was so desperate to see it I ordered the U.S. version which meant I would get it earlier than in UK while waiting for it to arrive I watched all 6 seasons again then I watched the last and final season again it was as good as everything that went before it.
Except for the rubbish CGI effect at the end ( Jax deserved better ) did Sutter run out of money,lose interest or is now putting all his attention into the rumoured SAMCRO the early years.
I think after 7 seasons the Sons had run its course and it was time to call it a day (my opinion)but really deserved something better to finish off a classic series than a crap effect and two black birds eating cake (in fact the first scene of the Pilot was two black birds eating go figure)
After this the Sopranos ending wasn't so bad.
I like it I like it a lot !

Zyliss Steel Ice Cream Scoop - White
Zyliss Steel Ice Cream Scoop - White
Offered by Colanders FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars i like it I like it a lot !, 28 Mar. 2015
It's an ice cream scoop that does what it's made for scooping ice cream and it does it well goes through most ice cream if you get the tub out of the freezer 10 minutes or so before using, it struggles with ice cream straight from the freezer.
Overall it's a good scoop it's well made and looks good lets see how long it lasts before rusting.
For now I like it I like it a lot !

NEW! Eazi Scoop ice cream scoop with a Special Gel Filling easily scoops even the hardest of ice cream. No need to warm under a hot tap as it works by just the warmth of the hand on the handle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh! NO, 28 Mar. 2015
Not good didn't work kept in my hand for 30 minutes still no good didn't work

Apple Only Smart Case for iPad Air 2 - Midnight Blue
Apple Only Smart Case for iPad Air 2 - Midnight Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it I like it a lot, 28 Mar. 2015
I have owned the original iPad from launch day and bought the apple case to protect my pride and joy its a black neoprene thingy that completely protects the iPad front back and sides it's gone a little tatty over time but still does the job it was designed for.
I decided to upgrade and got the iPad air 2 I had no doubt what cover to get the Apple Smart case.
Yes it is expensive but so was the original Apple case that after years of continual use still protects.
So I have no worries what so ever that this case will be just as good it's a quality item well made nice leather and fits the iPad air 2 perfectly.
I like it I like it a lot !

Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24)
Savoury Selection Scampi Fries 27 g (Pack of 24)
Offered by The Sweet Pot

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past, 20 Mar. 2015
When I found these on Amazon it brought back memories of a time long ago playing pool whilst waiting for my turn on the Space Invaders machine. Lager within reach and when peckish the best pub snack of all time the Scampi Fry.
I believed they were no longer available ,I've not seen them for years, I had to have them ,I bought them and waited expectantly.
My Daughter took a parcel of mIne to be returned to Amazon at a Collect + Store and what do you think she purchased for me at said store
Bug#er me you've guessed it only a bag of Scampi Fries
Was I dissapointed that a long forgotten savoury snack that I believed was only available to the Lucky few that happen upon them on the Amazon site are available to the general public (unless you shop at Morrisons ETC.) No! unlike some things you remember from the dim and distant past that are dissapointing these tasted just as I remembered them and I cannot wait for my 24 bags to arrive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5