Profile for celtic > Reviews

Content by celtic

celtic

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Touched by an Angel: 101 Miraculous Stories of Faith, Divine Intervention, and Answered Prayers

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 April 2015
Wonderful and uplifting.

Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia - Book 7)
Shadow Study (The Chronicles of Ixia - Book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic read!, 13 Mar. 2015
As usual, a fantastic read!

Highly Intuitive People: 7 Right-Brain Traits to Change the Lives of Intuitive-Sensitive People
by Heidi Sawyer

5.0 out of 5 stars "Knowing" is available to all., 2 Mar. 2015
A lovely easy to read book that helps those new to the subject to understand how we can all access and work with that part of our being that connects at a higher energy level. Look forward to more Heidi.

Magic Global Gadgets - Lilac/Purple Diamond Bling Sparkly Gem Glitter Leather Flip Case Cover Pouch For Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 With Screen Guard & Stylus

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a matter of taste, but was right up my street., 6 July 2013
Delivery great, looks wonderful, pen very useful with my clumpy fingers and thumbs. Very firm and so very protective of your phone. FAB!

Learning Lenormand: Traditional Fortune Telling for Modern Life
Learning Lenormand: Traditional Fortune Telling for Modern Life

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK book., 22 May 2013
The author seems to have tried a bit too hard with this book. For those who want plain and simple explanations of the cards, this book is not it. Poems and references to by-gone ages are not really what I was looking for. I have already worked with these cards and have another book which I found more to the point. I personally feel the explanations of card meanings can be too convoluted and beginners won't necessarily understand where the authors are coming from. That said, the authors really know their stuff, but have maybe gone too far into the past. As readers we need to move forward and take the images on the cards to new levels. This is just an opinion.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2015 1:36 AM GMT

Blood of the Earth (Sovereign of the Seven Isles Book 4)
Blood of the Earth (Sovereign of the Seven Isles Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's number 5?, 20 Nov. 2012
Absolutely loved this series of books. Wonderful characters, the magic was brilliant and not too much unnecessary narative. I am so gutted that there is no number 5 available yet. When is it due out??? Soon I hope.

Touch of Power (An Avry of Kazan novel - Book 1)
Touch of Power (An Avry of Kazan novel - Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read., 4 Jan. 2012
I loved the Glass series and I also loved the Yelena books. This book did not disappoint and I can only say I can't believe I have to wait a year before we hear more of Avry. More soon please.

Prince of Hazel and Oak (Shadowmagic Book 2)
Prince of Hazel and Oak (Shadowmagic Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope there's more., 19 Jun. 2011
I loved the first book and have just started this one. I really hope we get more in the series as the magic and myth in these books is something I believe is missing from this highly material world. Fairytales for grownups! Oh well, I suppose for any age group really. Fantastic. I'd love more of them.

The Mark of a Druid
The Mark of a Druid

5.0 out of 5 stars Why no more books by this author???, 12 Feb. 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was so different and had me enthralled from the beginning to the end. I absolutely loved it. It was clear that the author knew her subject, but she in no way got bogged down in the theory, or practicalities of the therapy.

This is an exciting book that keeps you on your toes, as the author moves quickly, yet smoothly from ancient times to the present day. The characters were clearly drawn and even with the "baddies" you felt compasion and understanding. The time placement, e.g. the days of the druids, was fascinating and really enjoyable because it added a mystical and magical context.

I can't speak highly enough about this book and hope and pray that the author puts pen to paper once more.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best e.reader, 24 Nov. 2010
I have been wanting an e.reader for quite some time and earlier in the year I bought a Sony Touch. I am quite PC literate and checked the variables needed to run the Sony before purchase. However, when I got it home, it took myself and no end of techies from Sony and Waterstone's (where I bought the reader)to get it working. We all failed (in the end Sony admitted there was a glich in the programe). Since then I had decided not to bother with a reader - too much trouble! I was then shown a Kindle from Amazon. What a difference - I was able to use the reader straight from the box (having purchased a book from Amazon before I even received the Kindle). It was absolutely simple to use. No computer necessary. I love it, as I am an avid reader. I was concerned that maybe the types of books I am interested in would not be readily available in the Kindle store, but I was amazed at the selection on Amazon. I had been thinking of buying an ipad, but for a fraction of the price my Kindle is everything I need in an e.reader. It can even read my books to me, if I'm in lazy mode, although it sounds a bit robotic when it does. Still, a great buy.