Profile for Glen > Reviews

Content by Glen

Glen "Open Business Associates" (London)

AngularJS UI Development
AngularJS UI Development
by Matthias Nehlsen

2.0 out of 5 stars Pity, 6 Mar. 2015
An area that certainly needs a book and I liked the fact that this one took a production approach.

But the very first example does not work. The controller does not change the output at all. Looking at the code I cannot see how it will in fact: the output looks hardcoded in the controller. And to do this in angular I don't think you even need a controller. Just a model and an expression will do it.

Thought I would persevere through that but the next section on directives has gaps in the explanation too. They don't explain clearly how the directive links to the html. And on top of that it looks like there is a bit of mixed up spelling: they spell the attribute in the html as 'hello-world' and in the directive they use 'helloWorld'. I don't see how that is going to work either.

So I think I might just give up on this one as I don't feel like debugging every example.

The Cathedral & the Bazaar
The Cathedral & the Bazaar
by Eric S. Raymond

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever written about Open Source, 14 Nov. 2008
This is the definitive guide to Open Source. Intelligently written, it explains the economics and the psychology of this social and business phenomenon.

Read it.