Profile for Legal Eagles > Reviews

Content by Legal Eagles

Legal Eagles

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dell UZ2315H 23 inch LCD Monitor (1000:1, 300 cd/m2, 1920 x 1080, 8ms, VGA/DP/HDMI)
Offered by Laptop Outlet UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor from Dell, 15 May 2016
This is an excellent monitor, with quality that you normally expect from Dell. I tend to work from home and my work requires me to proceed with a lot of video conferencing. A fairly large monitor with an integrated camera was an important consideration for me. This Dell monitor is what I was looking for. Colours are crisp, clear and vibrant. It is connected to a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Desktop Mini PC (running Windows 10 Pro - https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-EliteDesk-800-G2-P1G36ET/dp/B01A3VFLJA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1463299614&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=HP+EliteDesk+800+G2+Desktop+Mini+PC).
It is a 58.42 cm (23-inch) multimedia monitor that features a Full HD webcam and speakers optimized for Microsoft Lync . With the Dell UltraSharp 23 Multimedia Monitor, you can collaborate with your colleagues and increase productivity, or watch movies without sacrificing on colours and brightness. You can modify your monitor to comfortably fit the way you work for more flexible viewing, plus comprehensive digital connectivity.
The monitor also offers several methods of connectivity, such as VGA and HDMI, as well as USB connections. Just make sure, whatever your method of connection is, to first check your control panel of your Windows PC, whether the Dell monitor is your default monitor for audio and mic. Remember this is a monitor with an integrated camera and mic, so you need to ensure you follow the instructions when you connect the monitor to the computer. Apart from connecting the VGA or HDMI to your computer, you also need to connect your monitor with the usb cable (that comes along with the monitor) to your pc, to ensure you have camera and mic connectivity.
It has an automatic screen adjustment function, so when you start your screen it automatically adjusts the screen for you. You can adjust brightness, colour and contrast manually. Watch out for the extra sensitive power on/off button! The usb and hdmi connections are behind the monitor. Some people may find this an awkward place, but I am used to them now and the position of the connections does not bother me much. I also have the monitor connected to external speakers and the sound is great.
Overall this is a very good monitor and you will not be disappointed. I am happy with it in terms of video conferencing and even in terms of watching videos and football!

SMALL LEATHER SHOULDER BAG
SMALL LEATHER SHOULDER BAG
Offered by ZAZA ®

4.0 out of 5 stars Real leather and very useful, 6 April 2013
This bag has a nice feel and it is very useful to have. The leather is amazingly soft. The bag itself is quite spacious for its size. I am able to put in it my Blackberry Playbook, two smart phones, my wallet, my passport, a digital camera, tickets and maybe more!

The bag has a strap too and several little compartments. I find it useful to have, especially when i board the plane.

I gave four stars because the two front compartments are not aligned properly and the cover on one of them does not shut properly. Still this is not a big problem for me, as the bag serves its purpose.

Overall this is a good bag for the price offered and I am pleased with it.

Cable Mountain Digital Optical ToSlink/Digital Coaxial to RCA Analogue  Phono Audio Converter
Cable Mountain Digital Optical ToSlink/Digital Coaxial to RCA Analogue Phono Audio Converter
Offered by zhuz's shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Reliable and Effective, 24 Dec. 2012
This was a product purchased out of necessity and by accident. I bought a SMART Samsung TV http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007JURD04/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 and tried to connect my Bose Cinemate speakers, only to find out that the Smart TV had digital output, whereas the Bose speakers were of course analogue! After a bit of research, Bose [unlike Samsung]were kind enough to recommend the appropriate adaptor at a price of £49! I decided to do further research and I came up with this little adaptor on Ebay for £12 and I did not regret it!

I proceeded to connect my Bose RCA cables [white and red] to the back of the adaptor [you will see the corresponding red and white connections]. You also need a TosLink cable which goes to the digital optical slot on the adaptor. The other end of the TosLink cable should go to the corresponding TosLink digital optical slot on the back of the TV. A very good TosLink cable I bought on Ebay is this one at £3.49 with gold connectors [...].

To conclude, the sound from the Bose speakers came out immediately and I can tell I have no loss in the quality of it. Also, I hear no other noises whatsoever. Some reviews here suggest a loss in the quality of the sound but I have experienced nothing like that.

The product is really good for what it does and I can safely say that it saved my new Samsung TV! I was not prepared to keep my new TV any longer without use of my Bose speakers. This little adaptor performed miracles [in the appropriate period of Christmas] and it is now working great. I would recommend this product without hesitation.

**PACK OF 2** - SAMSUNG GALAXY FIT S5670 / GT-S5670 CLEAR Screen Protector with cleaning cloth - Hi-TEC ESSENTIALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 23 Nov. 2012
Nothing much to say to fault this product. Easy to use and protects the phone in an efficient and appropriate manner. The cloth also is a very useful addition.

BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charging Stand
BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charging Stand
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 Nov. 2012
There is nothing to be said to fault this product. It is the genuine article, solid, and efficient. It charges te Playbook really fast and I am really pleased with it. Please do not buy cheaper imitations, you will be disappointed.

The only perhaps downside is that you have to take the Playbook's leather case off[ if you have one] to charge it, but this is not a major problem for me. It looks good on the charger and you could even use it as a desktop clock, if not in use.

You will be amazed as to how fast it charges the Playbook. highly recommended.

Toshiba MK5076GSX 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400rpm 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
Toshiba MK5076GSX 500GB SATA 3GB/s 5400rpm 2.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, very quiet and fast!, 19 Nov. 2012
I ordered this from Amazon but never arrived; I blame it on the postman! I then decided to purchase it from another retailer and I am extremely satisfied with this product. I bought it to replace the hard drive in my 4 year old Dell Vostro 1310 I have. The result was amazing, as it gave my Vostro a new lease of life! It is fast, quiet and very efficient. My Vostro works like new, I was so pleased with the result.

For those of you that need a bit of assistance in proceeding with the installation, ensure, first of all that you back up your existing hard drive. This is what I did: I first inserted my new hard drive into a caddy enclosure and connected the enclosure to my laptop. With the Acronis application, I moved the contents of the old hard drive onto the new hard drive. Then I took the old hard drive out and inserted into the laptop the new hard drive that had in it the contents of the old hard drive! Simple! The whole operation took me less than 20 minutes and the old laptop is now new and absolutely loving it!

Highly recommended, do not hesitate to buy it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and amazingly quiet!, 19 Nov. 2012
I am extremely satisfied with this product. I bought it to replace the hard drive in an old Dell Inspiron 1300 I have. The result was amazing, as it gave my ancient laptop a new lease of life! It is fast, quiet and very efficient. My old laptop works like new, I was so pleased with the result.

For those of you that need a bit of assistance in proceeding with the installation, ensure, first of all that you back up your existing hard drive. This is what I did: I first inserted my new hard drive into a caddy enclosure and connected the enclosure to my old laptop. With the Acronis application, I moved the contents of the old hard drive onto the new hard drive. Then I took the old hard drive out and inserted into the laptop the new hard drive that had in it the contents of the old hard drive! Simple! The whole operation took me less than 20 minutes and the old laptop is now new and absolutely loving it!

Highly recommended, do not hesitate to buy it!

Lenovo Z570 15.6 inch Laptop - Gunmetal (Intel Core i5 2450M 2.5GHz, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Reliable and Attractive, 16 Jun. 2012
I purchased this laptop in Greece at a slightly higher price of 699 Euros. But it was worth it because the seller [part of the Dixons network] offered a pre-installed Microsoft Office 2010 Starter edition. This was the first pleasant surprise.

I have had Dell computers all my life, but this time around this Lenovo Ideapad caught my eye. It looks attractive and professional. But in terms of substance, it is one of the best deals in the market. With 6MB of RAM and 750 of HDD, this laptop is very powerful even for demanding users. I use it for home-office operations and being a professional, I find that the capabilities of this laptop are just amazing.

Let us consider the different aspects of this laptop:

1. Processor. This laptop comes with a second generation Intel Core i5 Processor and my model runs with 2.4 GHz. Very powerful indeed and very fast.
2. 6GB of RAM to allow even demanding applications to run simultaneously.
3. 750GB HDD to allow you to store many of your personal data, although, it would be wise if you were to store all your data externally and have it fully backed up.
4. Amazing NVIDIA GEFORCE with CUDA, which produces an excellent display and makes HD a simple joy.
5. 15.6" LED-backlit high-definition widescreen. The results are very good and you could enjoy your HD movies or music without any complaints whatsoever.
6. Excellent battery. On a light task, it lasted over 5 hours and I am pleased with this result.
7. Lenovo Enhanced Experience 2.0 which boots your laptop faster than the average boot-time. I believe it works well.
8. Features like OneKey Theater II for optimised audio-visual settings, SRS Premium Surround Sound audio enhancement technology, and specialised stereo speakers for extra bass and audio experience. This is an impressive aspect as with a simple feel of the key on the right top corner of the laptop you can access all the Multi-Media aspects. It is like scrolling on a touch pad, but more sensitive. Very impressed with it. I usually connect my laptop to external speakers, but if you use your laptop's own speakers you would also be amazed with the sound.
9. Breathable Keyboard technology, air can enter through the keys, improving air circulation and reducing the heat generated underneath the notebook. This actually works and the laptop remains cool, although I usually operate an external fan/stand underneath the laptop.
10. The laptop is very quiet. This is an impressive aspect of the laptop, as it produces no noise whatsoever!
11. Keyboard is responsive and easy to use, although the Enter key could have been larger.
12. 4 USB 2.0 slots, card reader, input for earphones/headphones and microphone, HD connection and VGA connection. Of course you have Ethernet connection as well as Wireless Connection.

Overall I am extremely pleased with the laptop. The Lenovo IdeaPad has won me over the Dell family and this time I am happy I went for it. It is a robust laptop, very powerful, well-built and easy to use. One aspect that you would definitely like is the fact that although the laptop has a 15'6 size, it is light and extremely slim. Another impressive aspect of this laptop.

I have bought several laptops over the year and I have a proficient knowledge with computers. This one is definitely a very good laptop which will not disappoint you. I can unreservedly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2012 5:37 AM BST

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap & reliable, 18 April 2012
I bought this Epson printer/copier/scanner in Greece at around 45 Euros. I also read the several reviews around who seemed to send mixed messages. I have had this product now for over a year and so far I am very pleased with it. I use it mainly for my home office activities.

The printing is crisp and clear. Scanning equally good. Its looks stunning.

I have not had any problems whatsoever connecting the printer to my computer. The PC [running Windows 7] recognised the printer straight away. Remember to insert the cd first. Then you follow the on screen instructions and in less than 3 minutes the system is up and running. I had no problems with the Wi-Fi at all. It connected to my home network straight away.

So far I have only identified advantages:

1. Wi-Fi connection allows you to connect wirelessly.
2. You can connect other computers in your home network, which is very convenient for me as I have 3 computers at home.
3. There are 4 cartridges. If you are not too bothered about colour printing, you could only buy the black cartridge [when it needs replacing], which means you save a lot of money.
4. As the scanner and copier work without any problems, you save a lot of space on your desk.
5. Printer has a double-sided facility, which means you save on paper too.

Overall, this is a very reliable and convenient product for the money you pay. Some people here seem to suggest that the ink runs out quite fast. PLEASE REMEMBER: the original cartridges do not contain the full ink of the cartridges' capacity! When you replace the original ones with new ones, then you could see that you would get around 500 pages on their full capacity.

So far, I am pleased with this product. If you are after a reliable cheap and basic product for home office use, then this may be the answer.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2012 8:50 PM BST

BlackBerry PlayBook Faux Leather Convertible Case
BlackBerry PlayBook Faux Leather Convertible Case
Offered by holyApples

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, highly recommended, 19 Feb. 2012
This is indeed an excellent product. It is genuine, leather and it feels absolutely posh! In terms of performance I cannot fault it. It does the job and you will not be disappointed.

Having bought other cheaper products, I am able to compare the difference between the cheap products and this one. First of all, it is solid. It stands without any dangers of falling off its position and it remains stable even in the most awkward surfaces. All the buttons are accessible, particularly the power button which, in my opinion, is being accessed in a more effective way now, than without having the case on! You can keep your Playbook in the case while you are charging it and the speakers are not affected by the case.

The blackberry sign is visible on the sign, the quality is just fantastic and it protects the playbook in the most efficient way.

You will not be disappointed if you go ahead and buy it. I bought cheaper things and I was disappointed with them. This genuine blackberry product is excellent and it would save you from the grief and disappointment of having to return cheaper items to their sellers. I recommend this product without hesitation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4