Profile for Ms. E. Law > Reviews

Content by Ms. E. Law

Ms. E. Law "busy lizzie" (yorkshire, england)

The Hummingbird Bakery Cupcake Kit
The Hummingbird Bakery Cupcake Kit
by Tarek Malouf
Price: 9.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 28 Jun 2010
I recieved this as a gift and, knowing the Hummingbird Bakery's reputation for great cupcakes etc, was very excited to use it. I am a regular baker and have made countless batches of cupcakes and buns etc, but this set was a complete dissapointment. The recipes failed miserably, even though I followed them to the tee, and resulted in cakes and muffins not only too heavy to the taste but awful to look at. The cases were even worse - once you had baked your cakes in them you could hardly get them back out again, and were forced to eat awful-tasting cakes with bits of the paper case still attached.

All in all, a complete disappointment and not worth the money it costs.

Credo
Credo
by Melvyn Bragg

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the effort!!, 19 Mar 2007
This review is from: Credo (Hardcover)
I started reading this book while staying with family - I didn't own it, but had borrowed it to fill some time. And I am so glad I did! Months later I finally finished it and I can't find any other word to describe it than 'epic'. 'Credo' is such a beautiful story of love, passion, faith, determination, courage, hope and eveything else that a truly great story should be about! The central characters become more alive with every page you read and have so much in them to be admired. There's no doubt that it is a long book and hard work at times, and it definately isn't something you can pick up and read in a few hours, but after months of sticking with it I can honestly say it is by far the most wonderful book I have ever read!