Profile for devi8_tor > Reviews

Content by devi8_tor

devi8_tor "devi8_tor" (Aberdeen, Scotland)

LCD Display Protection for the new Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 6 Pack
LCD Display Protection for the new Apple iPhone 4 4G HD 6 Pack
Offered by Akis Enterprises
Price: 0.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Air Bubbles around edges, 30 Jun 2010
Unless you want to spoil the look of your 600 iphone, I would wait until more expensive, better engineered screen protectors come out. I went through the entire pack and none of them quite fits exactly, maening that you end up with air bubbles around the edges.... I don't recommmend them

Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid : The Movie & More (2 Disc Special Edition) [1973] [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Coburn
Offered by Helgy
Price: 8.62

5.0 out of 5 stars In my top ten, 1 Feb 2006
If I listed my top ten movies this would have to be one of them.
I'm not really a fan of westerns but this stands out as a truely unique and fantastic film regardless of the fact it's a western.
It's directed by Sam Peckinpah who also made The Wild Bunch. While films like The Wild Bunch and Easy Rider are regarded to have changed cinema (with unglamorous realistic depictions of their characters and dialogue) I think that this film tops them both. Virtually every scene in the film is a beautiful set-piece, with dialogue heavy with meaning and under-currents relating to the relationships between the characters. The cinematography is beautiful and I'm very glad that I'll finally have the film in widescreen as opposed to the 4:3 aspect VHS release. Bob Dylan is one of the characters and does the soundtrack - Knockin' On Heaven's Door was written especially for one of the scenes in the film. It stuns me that this film isn't better known and has only just received a DVD release because it's one of the most violent, poignant and perfect films ever made.

Young Loud And Snotty
Young Loud And Snotty
Price: 6.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool as it ever was/The greatest punk band that should have, 27 Jan 2003
This review is from: Young Loud And Snotty (Audio CD)
This album is the best punk album I've got and have ever heard. This really is as cool as punk ever got. Most punk albums I find I like a few songs and kinda hate the rest of them. It's rare to find an album that's good all the way through - but this one really is; no fillers - just good songs. I think their record label at the time where allegedly a good part of the reason that they only recorded two studio albums and didn't get the publicity they deserved(Lou Reed was going to produce their 2nd one but the record label changed that). They played at CBGB's with The Ramones and Blondie among others and John Belushi("The") played drums with them there more than once.
This band where part of the scene where it all started and the singer Stiv Bator/s used to see Madonna, while the drummers wife later got married to James Caan!! what I'm trying to convey to you here is that these guys were cool and so is this music.
I happened across the band last week while looking through Amazon reviews & links (which you've got to admit is pretty d_mn usefull) and the name rang a bell from reading Kerrang in the eighties, something I meant to buy but forgot to along the way. It's instantly become one of my all time favourite albums.
Hopefully with bands like The Strokes having come along and "Saved Rock n' Roll", lost gems like the Dead Boys will get some of the recognition they REALLY DESERVE before they're forgotten forever. Do yourself a favour - buy this album and enjoy it; it's good music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 9:58 PM GMT

Aqualung
Aqualung
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.85

4.0 out of 5 stars From Haunting to Reassuring, 6 Oct 2002
This review is from: Aqualung (Audio CD)
I've always thought that it's good to have music for different moods. Music like this is for when you're just about to fall asleep and are looking for something that will help you drift off. The music really is "strange and beautiful". The album, for the most part, is very gentle, very light and your opinion of it will most likely depend on the kind of mood you're in when you first hear it. Obviously it can in a general sense be catagorized with other angst-ridden indie-pop like Coldplay and Radiohead, but this album is a lot lighter than both of them. More soothing, less angst-ridden; I mean that the album doesn't reach many soaring cresendos like those other two bands and hence could be described as dull. It's just not trying to be as dramatic. It just depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for something to help you drift off to sleep at night or to listen to while you're reading then this is perfect and it's in this context that the album really shines.
It's not the sort of thing to listen to before you go out. But it IS very beautiful. Something to counteract all of the more upbeat, pacier albums you have albums you probably have.
I'd recommend it.