Profile for kowalski106 > Reviews

Content by kowalski106

"kowalski106"

Philips SLV5400/05 Wireless Television Link
Philips SLV5400/05 Wireless Television Link

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many problems with wireless internet and intermittent connections., 30 Jan 2010
This product certainly works, we live in a small 2 bed semi and it transmits a fairly good quality signal between our living room TV and bedroom TV. However, we cannot use our BT wireless homehub at the same time for two reasons. 1: The TV link breaks up if the wireless is on. 2: The wireless connection does not work if the TV link is switched on. So, to watch TV upstairs we have to switch off the homehub and to connect to the web, we have to turn the tv link off. This isn't a huge problem, more of an inconvenience.

The real problem I have found is that even without the wireless on and without the TV link active - just using the transmitter as a passive scart connection on the main TV - the main TV picture randomly cuts out. I can put up with the messing about for turning on and off the wireless to watch TV in the bedroom, nothings perfect! but to have the main TV connection become intermittent because it's connected to the transmitter really is a step too far!

My reccomendation is, try it, you never know it might work for you (clearly it works for some people) just don't expect the perfect solution to wireless TV. Unfortunately, I will be sending mine back and searching for a better solution.

King Tubby's In Fine Style
King Tubby's In Fine Style
Offered by SmokeCDs
Price: 24.90

4.0 out of 5 stars King Tubby in Fine Style? Definately!, 8 Mar 2005
This fantastic two cd issue from Trojan is a must have for any dub fan. Spanning the evolution of dub between 1972-77, this cd features some of Tubbys finest works. Both CDs chart a journey through the amzing mixes created by king tubby and showcases his distinctive mixing style. The stand out track for me being the title track 'King Tubby's in Fine Stile' and the Augustus Pablo produced 'The Big Rip off' which features a seriously infectious peice of drumming enhanced by tubbys filters and delays with Pablo's floating melodica lines drifting in and out. As i've said, this is a fantastic Trojan issue which comes highly recommended.