Profile for Corky > Reviews

Content by Corky

Corky

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Cry Havoc: "When I set out to overthrow an African tyrant, I knew I would either make billions or end up getting shot..."

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth is better than fiction., 26 May 2016
Pacey and engaging. I was recommended by a friend who said it was as good as any fiction ever written; the fact it is true makes it even better. It is not a genre I usually chase but the world that you get propelled into makes the book un-put-downable. Even with no prior knowledge the terrms and acronyms are easy to follow. Hugely enjoyable armchair reading.

Lee Brilleaux: Rock"€™n"€™Roll Gentleman: The Adventures of Dr Feelgood's Iconic Frontman

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing insight to a true great. Brilliant!, 27 Mar. 2016
They say that you should never meet your heroes. It would be impossible to read this book and not feel that you have, for a short time been given an insight into a true R&B legend. It is magnificently reserched and beautifully put together. Using strands from anyone who was close to him, family and bandmates, the book provides a ringside seat for the action. Zoe Howe has caught the magic in the bottle. The references are thick and fast and to be given insights into how the music evolved and with whom could not have been written better. Lee Brilleaux - the ONLY book you will ever need.

Camelbak Classic 2 Litre Bag 2014 -
Camelbak Classic 2 Litre Bag 2014 -

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous value, 5 Jun. 2015
An absolute boon. Delivered quickly and does exactly as described.

JK Deals Replacement Buds Tips For Bose Triport in-ear Headphones - Small/Medium & Large (Latest Generation 2 Version 6 pack)
Offered by LHOIZ®

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Jun. 2015
Excellent replacement and super quick delivery

In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile
In Plain Sight: The Life and Lies of Jimmy Savile

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt that given the great reviews it has enjoyed it was worth a punt, 27 May 2015
I picked this read after seeing a quote from the book on twitter. From there I had a look at the reviews on Amazon and although not my usual genre, I felt that given the great reviews it has enjoyed it was worth a punt. Delighted I did. It is a wonderfully written book by quite possibly the pre-eminent researcher of the subject of the life of Savile.
The flow of the book helps immensely. Covering all of the strands, but not in strict chronological order is a masterstroke. It is not gratuitous, neither is it sensational; it describes Savile’s whole life and exploits leaving no stone unturned. A brilliant read about an awful subject. Like another reviewer I consumed it in two sittings.

Humbrol 12 ml Tube Poly Cement
Humbrol 12 ml Tube Poly Cement
Offered by Frome Models Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 April 2015
superfast delivery - great value

The Lost Stradivarius
The Lost Stradivarius

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I did, 14 April 2015
Other reviews have the synopsis; I ordered it after reading Jonathan Meades - My Museum. So glad I did. And it is blimmin' free!

Eveready Lighting 118mm Linear ECO Halogen Bulb 240v 230 Watt (300 Watt) Card of 2 EVES5162
Offered by PVR Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 April 2015
Exactly as described - fast postage and much better that non-branded

Premium CD-Hüllen (120 µm, mit Lasche) 100 Stück
Premium CD-Hüllen (120 µm, mit Lasche) 100 Stück
Offered by PANGADGETS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality and fast dispatch, 14 April 2015
best ive bought - all boxes ticked - brilliant item - dont hesitate!

The Sirens of Titan
The Sirens of Titan

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this one!, 4 April 2015
I'll not bother to add anything to the synopsis in this review; you can read it at the top and it is bang-on. - I must admit I bought it after reading the reviews on here and was delighted I did buy the book. It is wonderfully written and way up there with his best stuff. It gathers pace really quick and the characters do come alive from the page.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6