Profile for silverback > Reviews

Content by silverback

silverback (yorkshire)

Medipaq® Gel Big Toe Bunion Protector - Get Pain Relief From Bunions, Blisters, Gout or Arthritis for a More Comfortable Walk (1x Support Medium)
Offered by Medipaq® from Great Ideas™

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 8 May 2014
Even before you put this over your foot the gel is only about 1mm thick, so by the time it has stretched over your foot it's so thin it has absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

Samsung Galaxy S II MHL HDTV Adapter
Samsung Galaxy S II MHL HDTV Adapter
Offered by Zolzoom LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with Xperia Z1, 25 Sep 2013
After reading many reviews about the possibility their items were fake, I decided to pay a little bit extra and buy directly from Amazon. Mine was definitely an original product. I'm not easily pleased but I am happy to say this works like a charm, charges my Z1 (with own micro usb cable) and the menus and 1080p movies look great on my 46" X series Sony. Why bother buying the expensive Sony MHL, just buy this instead.

Sony Book Case Cover for Xperia Z1 by Made for Xperia - Carbon Black
Sony Book Case Cover for Xperia Z1 by Made for Xperia - Carbon Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

3.0 out of 5 stars *****read before you buy*****, 23 Sep 2013
Its a nice looking case but the main reason I bought it was for the "magnetic closure for additional security". Unfortunately I can find no evidence of this being present as the front is constantly flapping open. I dread the day that I drop my device cos the 'buttered slice of bread rule' always applies.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 8:14 AM GMT

Klipsch Image X10 - High Performance Noise-Isolating In ear headphones
Klipsch Image X10 - High Performance Noise-Isolating In ear headphones

1.0 out of 5 stars Sweet but short lived, 6 Dec 2012
When I first got my X10's I was absolutely delighted with them, sure they were the most i'd ever spent on headphones, but the sound was fantastic. Unfortunately the delight didnt last too many months. As other reviewers have mentioned, for the price they are the build quality is shocking. In well under a year's light usage they started to come apart. If you can afford to pay this sort of money every year then buy them, but for me never again, it's back to Sennheiser.

New Trent iMirror 6000mAh Heavy Duty 2A/1A Dual USB Ports External Battery Pack for the new iPad, iPad2, iPhone 5 4S 4 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch all versions, Samsung Galaxy Note, Nexus, S2, & S, HTC Sensation EVO Thunderbolt, LG Optimus V, Blackberry (Bold curve Torch), Motorola Razr & Bionic, Nokia Lumia (IMP60D Heavy Duty 5V/2A/1A high speed charger)

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind, 25 May 2011
I recently bought this item as a backup for while I am on holiday, hiking in the National Parks in the U.S. I do a fair bit of walking around Yorkshire at the moment and while doing so I have 2 GPS reliant apps running simultaneously on my iPhone4 ( an Ordnance Survey map and a fitness coach ). Even on short 3 mile walks the phone battery quickly dwindles away to a point where I'd be worrried if I had the need to call emergency services. There are many backup packs around now, I've had a few in the past and most of them don't last long because of poor quality construction, poor battery life or not even compatible with my iPhone4. This is definitely the best quality one I have had and I like the fact it will charge other devices and phones too. I have tested it a couple of times whilst walking, charging my phone twice off one charge of the pack and still with juice to spare in it!!! The unit is nice and small too, hardly taking up any room in my rucksack or camera bag. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially if you are going anywhere remote in the great outdoors.

PowerBee ® Endurance Deluxe Solar Fairy Lights 240 WARM WHITE Quality Superbright LED's Multi Function Indoor / Outdoor Garden, Party, Tree Lights for ALL YEAR round use including winter
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!!!, 13 April 2011
Bought these lights in March when the nights were still long and the sun rarely shone and they really do stay bright all night until daybreak again. The quality of the panel seems much better and more durable than the sort you can buy from the likes of Wilkinsons/Poundstretcher/Argos e.t.c. I like that it comes with a power pack so you can easily unplug the unit and bring into the house for a power boost if needed. Not that I can ever see that happening they seem relentless!!!

Apple TV (launched September 2010) (Old model)
Apple TV (launched September 2010) (Old model)

5.0 out of 5 stars For all those streaming from 360/PS3, you must be easily pleased thats all I can say!!, 6 Nov 2010
Had this a couple of weeks now and really liked it. Now I've just upgraded to iOS4.2 on my iphone (if you can't wait til it's officially released it's easy to find and install if you google it) and I flippin love it. The ability to stream your music library, internet radio, anything on your or any of your friends iphones/pods without having a pc/mac involved is great and with the upcoming ATV update, video can be streamed from your iOS device too. Yes I do have a 360/ did have a PS3 and streaming was far too laborious a process finding what you want/no artwork etc and faffing with joypads has nothing on scrolling around a touch sensitive screen. I also have a Sony BDP s370 which to be fair is fantastic for Blurays and streaming BBC HD, but Lovefilm???? The choice of movies available to stream from them was shocking, I cancelled before my free month was up, not a patch on what is available to rent from iTunes. Not that you need to, there are other ways and means......

AirPort Express Base Station w/ AirTunes (802.11n)
AirPort Express Base Station w/ AirTunes (802.11n)

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Simple!, 12 Nov 2008
After reading other reviews concerning problems setting up, I'd been put off buying this for a while, but when I found one going cheap in PC World I couldn't resist. Following the simple instructions I was set up and listening to music in 5 minutes, I'm amazed how good it sounds too especially when ripped in apple lossless. There's also a video tutorial on Apple's website if you really do get stuck.