Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "summer_breeze_uk" (Engalnd)

Page: 1 | 2
Seduction
Seduction
Price: 2.42

3.0 out of 5 stars The makings of a great read, just not quite there, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Seduction (Kindle Edition)
Honestly, this could be an amazing story, but throughout there are spelling mistakes, and the most annoying is the inconsistencies.

A few of the things that bugged me, was that in the beginning Isabelle was introduced as being 18 years old, but not much further in, she was also working full trained as a masseuse - this may be possible in Britain as we leave school at 16, but I'd doubt it was possible in the US where this is set.

Rick (the bad guy) pops up out of no where, which is fine for the surprise element, but the first few times he was mentioned it didn't feel like it was explained who he was and what he place in the plot was.

And then toward the end when Jordan reunites with Isabelle, he seems more bothered with her and his love for her than the fact that they have a daughter together, and almost immediately on them returning back to Jordan's home she is dumped on his parents with barely any mention, when really instead of the numerous sex scenes there could be a few more little scene fillers of Jordan bonding with his daughter. The whole parent and child relationship just comes off a little odd.

I think this story needs a slight overhaul, keeping the main plots, but maybe putting it in more of an order, sort out the consistencies, maybe make Isabelle that little bit older, or instead of her already working, make her a college student or something a little more plausable for an 18 year old.

All that said, I did enjoy most of it, the suspense of the plot and especially the length.

Room For More (Cranberry Inn #2)
Room For More (Cranberry Inn #2)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Hated to see it end, 19 Jun 2014
The only thing that disappointed me was that it ended.

A perfect continuation of Brody and Kasie's story.

I am truly hopeful for a third part.

Couldn't put it down. Best book I've read for a while 😄

Room For You (Cranberry Inn #1)
Room For You (Cranberry Inn #1)
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 19 Jun 2014
I go through books on my kindle like people go through cups of tea, but I honestly don't think I have enjoyed a book like I did this one in such along time. I honestly couldn't put it down, I even got in trouble at work hehehe.

I fell in love with Brody. Kacie was likeable and identifiable. The twins were lovable.

If you want graphic sex scenes can't really say this is for you, but honestly just about every book has those, and by not having them or even needing them makes this book stand out.

Can't wait to read the next part 😄

The Billionaire's Offer
The Billionaire's Offer
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 4 Jun 2014
I can't believe I was stupid enough to pay for the following two instalments of this.

It was badly written - jumping from first to third person and spelling mistakes galore. It kind of read like it was written by someone whose second language was English. It jumped from 'Americanisms' to well I'm not entirely sure.

Neither of the main characters were loveable or relatable. There was little o no explanation as to why Jonathan picked Vanessa, and when reading their interactions with each other, I simply wanted to cringe.

If you are brave enough to continue reading the following two instalments be prepared for a much thinner plot, especially in the third one where Mike finally catches up with Vanessa/Julia and gives in stalking her after a few angry words. Completely anticlimactic and very unbelievable..

The Weight of Words (The WORDS Series Book 1)
The Weight of Words (The WORDS Series Book 1)
Price: 1.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read, 22 May 2014
I remember reading this when it was a fanfiction.

Loved it then, love it now.

Could not put it down.

The Billionaire's Desire 2:  Dubai Confidential (The Hunter Family 2)
The Billionaire's Desire 2: Dubai Confidential (The Hunter Family 2)
Price: 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't waste your money, 21 Nov 2013
I got the first book in this series as it was free.

Honestly the only reason I even paid for this was that I thought the story may get better as it went along.... I was sadly mistaken.

The plot is rather thin, the main character Sarah doesn't seem to have a back bone and lets Joshua walk all over her. There is very little back story to either of the characters, and honestly a lot of the storyline is just unrealistic. For example in book one Sarah mentions she raised her brothers after her parents died. In any of the books there is very little mention of them. Sarah flies off to Dubai and it is seemingly as though her brothers no long exist. And while they may have grown up and living their own lives, honestly can you say if you had done the same, you would all of a sudden have very little contact with them?

The parts of each book that descibe the 'sex scenes', honestly, all felt like I was simply reading the same scene over and over. Completely forgettable.

However that being said the BIGGEST issue I had with this book was the length. I actually paid for every book in the series (I honestly think I was having a moment of insanity, either that or it was wishful thinking). All the books are so short, especially so when you factor in what they each cost. I literally finished them all within 3 hours.

In my opinion there are far better books out there that are free and better written.

His Every Choice (For His Pleasure, Book 12)
His Every Choice (For His Pleasure, Book 12)
Price: 1.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Never ending, 5 Feb 2013
Yet again such a short book, read within hours.

Although it is an enjoyable read, and I am very intrigued about the new pairing, I just can't see the sense in paying even more money for such short books, having already spent more than 20 on a series of such short books.

For me the books either need to lengthen for the cost to be worth it, or the cost of each needs to go down a fair amount.

LOVE, LIES AND HIGH HEELS
LOVE, LIES AND HIGH HEELS
Price: 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read, 21 Nov 2012
It's hard to believe that this book is free.

I did find the first few chapters a little difficult to get in to, but once I got going, I couldn't put it down. It's well written, with just the amount of will they, won't they romance.

If I had one critique it would be that I was slightly disappointed with the level of drama once Rusty had found out about the theme lie. It was just slightly unrealistic for me, there was little anger which I think anyone in their right mind would feel given the extent of the lie - all will be unstood once you have read it.

Other than that, a good read that will have you aching to shake the characters Rusty and Luke into getting their acts together :)

For His Forever (For His Pleasure, Book 6)
For His Forever (For His Pleasure, Book 6)
Price: 1.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 11 Nov 2012
Firstly, being the 7th book in the series, I am finding that each book seems to be shorter than the last, and honestly, the price for each book is getting a little ridiculous considering it takes mere hours to read.

I was very disappointed that it seems the story of Red and and Nicole is over, and in a completely cliche way as well - which while it was expected given the natual progression of their relationship, it all felt very rushed, and not really in keeping with the previous 5 books.

I kind of feel like the characters Kallie and Hunter are forced on us. For 5 books now, we have been falling in love with the story of Nicole and Red, only to be mislea

But I don't actually mind that Kallie and Hunter are now the main characters, I just wished Kelly Favor had created a new series for them, rather than letting them suddenly take over from Red and Nicole.

Honestly after this book, I was very mixed as to whether I wanted to carry on reading considering the change in characters and the cost of each book. It was only my stubborness in wanting to see the series through to the end.

For His Pleasure (For His Pleasure, Book 1)
For His Pleasure (For His Pleasure, Book 1)
Price: 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best book you'll ever read, but...., 11 Nov 2012
Ok, so this book isn't the best book you'll ever read, and at times it is pretty difficult to get in to. BUT the following books in the sequel make it worth the read

Page: 1 | 2