Profile for Kabclarky > Reviews

Coping Successfully with Your Hiatus Hernia reissue
by Dr. Tom Smith
Price: 7.52

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic information, but well written, 12 Sep 2012
This is a basic book about the explanation of a Hiatus Hernia. It's very easy to read, simple to follow but most of what was said I already knew having read it on the internet. I do think the author has tried very hard to have a simple but informative book, I did feel a bit more information about treating a hernia with alternative methods could have been introduced, but on the whole, I would say that this was a good buy.

What Is A Hiatus Hernia: Treatment and Diet Step by Step Directions
What Is A Hiatus Hernia: Treatment and Diet Step by Step Directions
Price: 4.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor!, 6 Sep 2012
This is a basic guide to a Hiatus hernia - with details easily found on a google search. There were no facts on how to help improve the problem apart from - change your digestion and look up yoga!

To compound this, the book is full of typo's and poor grammar.

Save yourself the money, and buy elsewhere.

Fiber Menace
Fiber Menace
Price: 6.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Enlightning!, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Fiber Menace (Kindle Edition)
Although I don't agree with all the principles of the book - I do think it's a very interesting point of view, well explained and researched, and worth a read.

GALLSTONES, FROM GALLBLADDER TO GUT: Management options for diverse complications (Postgraduate Medicine Book 108)

1.0 out of 5 stars An utter waste of money!, 18 Aug 2012
It feels like this very small article was copied and pasted from a few sources on the Internet. It is of no use whatsoever in trying to assist you in understanding your Gallbladder problem. Save yourself the money!

The Low-Carb Gourmet
The Low-Carb Gourmet
by Karen Barnaby
Price: 9.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very inspiring., 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: The Low-Carb Gourmet (Paperback)
I was really looking forward to reading the recipies in this book, as the reviews were very good, however I am quite disappointed. There is not a great range of dishes, and it would have been nice if the author had included some options for lactose free, or ibs people like myself.

Sorry to say I cannot recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 28, 2012 8:38 PM GMT

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Book!!!, 21 Jun 2012
I bought this book after watching the television series. It is a wonderful book, well layed out, great pictures and easy to follow recipies. My son who's a big meat eater originally turned up his nose at the thought of "just vegetables" but actually is now a convert! Although we will not go meat free totally, I can truly say that for at least five days we are now meat free eaters and I for one feel better for it.

I particularly enjoy the simple recipes for lunches, quick suppers and the bread dishes, divine, and so easy to do. I really hope that Hugh does a second book of Veg...and soon!!

Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Price: 2.59

4.0 out of 5 stars An easy enticing read, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Heartbreaker (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be a well crafted book with compelling characters, and a flowing plot. I was drawn to the relationship between Alex and Johnny, very well written and believable. Good hooks keep you glued to the story throughout, and I look forward to reading the rest of this authors work.

What's for Dinner?: Easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking
What's for Dinner?: Easy and delicious recipes for everyday cooking
by Fay Ripley
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book!, 12 Mar 2012
I bought this book after seeing Fay demonstrate her cooking on This Morning - I have tried the Spanish Beans, and the green macaroni, and we as a family adore them - really simple yet very tasty!

I am looking forward to working my way through the book, and hope that she soon creates some more.

For John, Winston, and of course, Harry: 1
For John, Winston, and of course, Harry: 1
by Mr David Michael Holmes
Price: 12.39

5.0 out of 5 stars For John, Winston, and of course Harry, 8 Oct 2011
I have just finished reading your book - "For John Winston and of course Harry." - An exceptionally moving story interspersed with poems, that actually moved me to tears. A wonderful read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3