Profile for Mr. Colin B. Taylor > Reviews

Content by Mr. Colin B. T...

Mr. Colin B. Taylor "Bazza Taylor" (Nottingham, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
HP Compaq CQ2924EA Desktop PC (Intel Pentium G645T Processor 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Intel HD Graphics, DVD-RAM, Windows 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars HP Compaq CQ2924EA, 11 Dec 2013
Nice piece of kit at a very reasonable price. My computing is fairly basic e.g. emails, web surfing and photo editing and these all work quickly and efficiently. It came with windows 8 and the free upgrade to 8.1 was a simple process. I think windows 8.1 is brilliant and I don't think it essential to have a touch screen to reach this conclusion.

BenQ GL2460 24-inch Widescreen LED Multi Media Monitor 1920 x 1080 (Thin Bezel)
BenQ GL2460 24-inch Widescreen LED Multi Media Monitor 1920 x 1080 (Thin Bezel)
Price: 105.79

5.0 out of 5 stars BenQ GL2460, 15 Nov 2013
Easy to assemble and works immediately when connected to your PC. This is only my first day using it and I am very, very impressed. I was going to upgrade to a DVI cable, but I don't think I'll bother as the picture quality using VGA is brilliant. The screen size is really impressive, what a difference from my previous 19" monitor. I have separate speakers attached to my PC so clearly the lack of inbuilt speakers is no problem to me, but something you would need to consider when buying. If you need a quality monitor and don't want to pay a fortune, then this is the one! I highly recommend it.

White 1 Gang Extension With Lead Fitted With UK 13A Plug Hanging Bag 2 Meter Length
Offered by Invero
Price: 3.19

5.0 out of 5 stars White 1 Gag Extension, 19 April 2013
Well made and does exactly "what it says on the tin". I recently purchased a new chest freezer for my garage after the old one died after 30 years loyal service. As usual the new one had the normal few inches of cable attached and the freezer could not be positioned where I wanted it to be. It is now connected to this extension, in the place I want it to be and working perfectly. I initially popped into a local Hardware Shop who were charging 10 plus for a 1 Gang Extension: so this is extremely good value for money!

Duronic Professional 201G-AC/1 Gold Plated Mini HDMI to HDMI 1 Metre Cable - Type C to Type A - Perfect for HD Camcorders

5.0 out of 5 stars MINI HDMI to HDMI, 19 April 2013
Usually when people receive a broken or wrong product they give it a poor review. I do not think this is fair, particularly if a broken product is replaced immediately and without question. In my case I simply ordered the wrong product. The product I received appeared well made and fit for purpose: hence 5 stars instead of the usual 1. And also with 5 stars people will read and be alerted to my mistake I needed to connect my Kindle Fire HD to my TV and needed a "Micro D" HDMI connection. Please do not make my mistake: you need a "Micro D" connection and not a "Mini" for your Kindle Fire HD.

A Princess of Mars (Modern Library Classics)
A Princess of Mars (Modern Library Classics)
Price: 3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A Princess of Mars, 19 April 2013
I am now 60 years old and first read "The Swordsman of Mars" series by Edgar Rice Burroughs when I was a teenager: and was thrilled by them! Out of nostalgia I thought I would try the first book again. Wow, I am still thrilled even after all these years and will be reading the whole series. Edgar Rice Burroughs has a great writing style and his hero, John Carter, is of the old school: modest, brave and honourable (values we do not see nowadays) and who also happens to be the best swordsman on Mars. Remember that this was written decades before science enlightened us concerning the true nature of Mars and the science side of Burroughs' story is quite plausible. I also read "Tarzan of the Apes" as a teenager and this is also ready on my Kindle for what I now know, will be yet another great read!!

Birds of Britain
Birds of Britain
Price: 0.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds of Britain, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Birds of Britain (App)
This downloaded onto my Kindle Fire HD with no problems at all. The bird images are of the highest quality and the information provided for each bird is very detailed and informative. I am particularly impressed by being able to listen to the birdsong. I like walking out in the countryside and take my Kindle with me. This is a must have app at a very reasonable price which enables you to identify the birds you see. Highly recommended!

Draper 21304 1,070 mm Fence Post Auger
Draper 21304 1,070 mm Fence Post Auger
Offered by Pantiles Nurseries Ltd
Price: 39.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Draper 21304 1,070 Fence Post Auger, 15 April 2013
Bought this last year to help me put up a fence in my front garden. I needed to sink seven 3" X 3" posts to a depth of 20", to infill with quick-setting concrete to support the fence panels. I consider myself to be a reasonably fit 60 year old but after screwing the Auger in to a depth of about 8 inches on the first post, I gave up exhausted!! I then finished the first post hole and the remaining six by using a spade to loosen the soil and getting down on my hands and knees to remove the loosened soil with a trowel and my hands to the depth required. In my opinion this was quicker and easier than using the Auger! I cannot envisage ever using this tool again! In my opinion a total waste of money. Incidentally, all of my neighbours considered the fence was extremely well constructed!

12 PAIRS MENS COTTON ARGYLE SOCKS / SIZE 6 - 11
12 PAIRS MENS COTTON ARGYLE SOCKS / SIZE 6 - 11
Offered by 123 Shop Online
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 Pairs Mens Cotten Argyle Socks, 15 April 2013
I bought these several months ago at a very reasonable price and since then wear a different pair every day. Got to say I was very sceptical when I bought them as I thought they were far too cheap to be any good. How wrong could you be! They are extremely well made and fit my size 11s really well. Really good selection of colours and their condition is as good today as when I bought them. I wholeheartedly recommend them. Probably the best socks I have ever purchased!

TeckNet New Amazon Kinde Fire HD 7" Inch Tablet Premium Folio Case Cover and Flip Stand With Built-in Magnet for Auto Sleep/Wake Feature Included Screen Protector and Stylus Pen Dark Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet Kindle Fire HD 7" Folio Case, 14 April 2013
This is my second TeckNet case - the first for a basic 69 eKindle, stolen, literally from under my feet in a rucksack whilst enjoying an outdoor Pizza at a restaurant in Valencia, Spain! It was very well made and when I replaced my stolen Kindle with a Kindle Fire HD I immediately bought another Folio case from TeckNet. Again, not disappointed: TechNet make a very good product at a very good price! I would certainly buy from them again.

Sure Manicure Barrel Spring Nail Pliers
Sure Manicure Barrel Spring Nail Pliers
Price: 8.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure Manicure Barrel Spring Nail Pliers, 14 April 2013
I read all the reviews which indicated they could cut through older persons thicker toe nails. I purchased but thought they would never cope with mine! How wrong I was - they are very well made and dealt with my thick big toe nails as if they were cutting through butter. Buy them - you will not be disappointed!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3