Profile for tim elford > Reviews

Content by tim elford

tim elford

Old New Borrowed & Blue
Old New Borrowed & Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply brilliant, I never tire of this little beauty, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: Old New Borrowed & Blue (Audio CD)
Ths album that got me into Slade!!! Quite simply brilliant, I never tire of this little beauty, Slade were "growing up" experimenting and developing their musical depth. Still possesing the hard edge with songs like" just want a little bit", My Town to the more flambouyant "find yourself a rainbow" " miles out to sea" which sees Jim Lea on vocals.
Brilliant album from a brilliant band. You will not be dissapointed!!!

Sladest
Sladest

4.0 out of 5 stars ... collection of hits and previous releases makes this a good purchase for anyone looking to gain an introduction into ..., 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sladest (Audio CD)
An early collection of hits and previous releases makes this a good purchase for anyone looking to gain an introduction into slades music. Loud brash and full of good times. c'mon baby let the good times roll !!!

Slayed?
Slayed?

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good album from one of my fav bands, 12 Oct 2014
This review is from: Slayed? (Audio CD)
What can I say!! Really good album from one of my fav bands. Union square have done a brillliant job with the packaging and extra tracks. Good stuff

Look Wot I Dun: Don Powell of Slade
Look Wot I Dun: Don Powell of Slade
by Lise Lyng Falkenburg

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT READ, 13 Feb 2014
Very frank,honest and entertaining. Buy it and enjoy Thanks Don. All we need now are Daves and Jims autobiography. For all music fans a good read!!!

Alive - Vol Two
Alive - Vol Two
Offered by dutchtoni

5.0 out of 5 stars Slade at their best Live!!!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Alive - Vol Two (Audio CD)
From their pre glam years slade worked the university and clubs, here this cd demonstrates how tight their music was.
From classics like Gudbuy t Jane everyday mamma to a hard hitting quick fire number called Be.
Quite simply, a great good rocking cd. BUY IT !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars There Back !!, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
Wow,Wow,Wow !! Pure vintage Sabbath!! I recived this just after the release date and it hasnt been out of the car since!! It is a total triumph for the Guys, there is not a dud track on it and I have the 2CD album.
What else can I say...... Buy it !!!

All Hell Breaks Loose [Special Edition]
All Hell Breaks Loose [Special Edition]

3.0 out of 5 stars thin lizzy or not thin lizzy ???, 18 Jun 2013
Planet rock I have to thank for deciding to give this a go, have enjoyed it but not sure where they want to be ( if that makes sense!!) Some of the tracks have a similarity with thin lizzy and others appear to be pulling away from that direction. For me it is possibly work in progress until Black Star Riders settle on a direction they are happy with.
Overall a good album which is more than worth a listen.

Now What ?!
Now What ?!

4.0 out of 5 stars welcome back !!, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Now What ?! (Audio CD)
I must say I am not an avid purple fan, however this album is well worth the money. Gillians voice is clear and powerful making the experiance complete, Purple were a class act in the 70s&80s and they have proved that again... "Now What" ?? Another album thats what !!!