Profile for Mark Bentley > Reviews

Content by Mark Bentley

Mark Bentley (Stoke on Trent, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Reanimate 2 EP
Reanimate 2 EP
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Took a Chance, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Reanimate 2 EP (Audio CD)
Having heard a track from this album on one of the TV music channels I decided to buy it and am not disappointed.

As others, who are clearly Halestorm fans say, there is good musical content and strong vocals, it was well worth taking the chance

Hed Kandi Twisted House
Hed Kandi Twisted House

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Addictive, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Hed Kandi Twisted House (Audio CD)
You know that music that plays in the background almost anonymously then all of a sudden grips you, this is one of those.

I cant say that any particular track is wow but it just delivers in a very subtle way (as a lot of Hed Kandi does) and I find myself selecting it over the albums I thought I was going to listen to.

Great for post club wind down like Deep Dish is.

Blood
Blood

4.0 out of 5 stars Took a Chance, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Blood (Audio CD)
I bought this album on the strength of seeing Adrenalize on one of the TV music channels and the album is worth it for that alone, however, on repeated listens, the rest of the album grows on you as well.

JBL Flip Rechargeable Portable Bluetooth Loud Speaker with UK/EU Mains Adapter and Built-In Mic Compatible with iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C, iPad 2/3/4/Mini/Air, iPod Touch 5th Generation, Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4, Galaxy Tab 2/3 and Nexus 7 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 27 Jan. 2014
Read and consider the good reviews and ignore the bad ones (except that they may have just been unlucky and got a bad Flip).

I have had lots of small "PC" type speakers over the years and this Flip is one of the best (It is actually quite fun having your phone charging in one room and music playing on the Flip in another)

Replacement battery for Bose QC3
Replacement battery for Bose QC3
Offered by vhbwuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Really tell the difference, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Replacement battery for Bose QC3
As some other buyers mentioned, the price seemed to be too low for this replacement battery to be any good, however, other than the text on the back of the battery I cannot tell any visual difference, the chrome effect seems to be as good as the original and although I have only charged and used this twice now it again seems to be no different that the original.

I suppose that time will tell, but it has already exceeded my expectation and if it lasts 6 months it cannot be faulted (if I remember I will give an update in June/July)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 7:23 PM GMT

Trespass Langdon Thermal Winter Ski Socks 2 Pairs (Size 7-11)
Trespass Langdon Thermal Winter Ski Socks 2 Pairs (Size 7-11)
Offered by Dorking Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Fit and Warm, 27 Jan. 2014
Just got back from skiing and wore these when I was away, they were comfortable, kept my feet warm and had no ridges that caused any issues between my feet and boots.

In fact it is not just these socks, I have often purchased Trespass clothing (base layers, ski jackets, ski socks and fleeces) and have never had any complaint about any of it (Trespass for me = safe purchase)

Douwe Egberts Espresso Instant Coffee 95g (Pack of 6)
Douwe Egberts Espresso Instant Coffee 95g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars It is Coffee ! !, 27 Jan. 2014
I Just happen to like this coffee and cannot get it from stores most of the time so I buy it from Amazon

It just so happens that the price is reasonable as well

What else can you say about coffee ! !

Panasonic KXTG7304 DECT Quad - Black
Panasonic KXTG7304 DECT Quad - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Effective, 2 Jan. 2013
I was looking for a simple Quad, cordless phone set and that is what I have got - Perfect.

The phones have good features (100 person phone book, internal calling and call transfer, last number caller etc), are easy to hold and use and the base units are more than adequate (much better than many others) and can even be wall mounted.

As a subscriber to BT's 1471 answer phone service I particularly did not want a set with an answer phone feature as I have had this on previous sets and it is just confusing.

This set meets all requirements and at a fantastic price.

The only negative comment I could make is the available ringtones are a bit "cheesy" but by no means bad (Though this really is nit picking).

If you want a clear, simple Quad cordless phone set, this is it.

Rapesco Supaclip Stainless Steel Refill Clips with 60 Sheet Capacity - Pack of 25

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Dec. 2012
I now use these all the time and think they are Brilliant.

If you don't use them, get some and you will think they are Brilliant.

Egyptian 100% Cotton Navy 500gsm Bath Sheet
Egyptian 100% Cotton Navy 500gsm Bath Sheet
Offered by Textiles Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but True, 25 Dec. 2012
Well I cannot believe I am writing a review about a towel, but I have had this towel now for four years and it is simply the best towel I have ever had and at 55 I have had a few.

It took a year or so to get rid of that new "doesnt really dry you off" thing but since then it is really good, well worth buying.

Page: 1 | 2