Profile for oztvc > Reviews

Life After Beth
Life After Beth
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars yikes! my girlfriend is a zombie, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Life After Beth (DVD)
An interesting script not obv or predictable. Well acted by a strong cast and funny to boot. Recommended.

The Empire of Things
The Empire of Things
by C. J. Stone

5.0 out of 5 stars A true observer of the alternative life, 20 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Empire of Things (Paperback)
CJ Stone comes into things from a different angle. These articles shine like tiny slivers of light illuminating the subtle power of humanity writ personal. He's writing about people who are living in a manner different to the current mainstream of society and these human encounters are not concerned with the diktats of society and custom, they seem beyond that. He seems enamored with people whose quest to devise or live a new mode of community and this approach is what seems to drive his writing. He is not interested in changing the state of the world around him, but to experience it as it is, free from the influence of any preoccupation. A true observer of the alternative life we could all benefit from studying.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2013 5:57 PM GMT

The Telegraph Daily UK Edition
The Telegraph Daily UK Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking app., 21 Sept. 2013
Needing a bit of balance in my life I thought I'd read the right wing propaganda rag that is the Torygraph on my tablet on the move. And boy, together with the Daily Mail app I'm right winged up to my neck.

LOVEFiLM By Post
LOVEFiLM By Post

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking app., 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: LOVEFiLM By Post (App)
What a cracking app. Saying as I'm a subscriber to lovefilm I can now manage all my lists on the move.

Sight & Sound (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Sight & Sound (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking app., 21 Sept. 2013
What a cracking app for my tablet. As I'm a subscriber to the print edition I get all the back copies free.

Samsung M3 1 TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black
Samsung M3 1 TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking portable hard drive., 21 Sept. 2013
What a cracking portable hard drive. So small, so cheap, so full of stuff. I now need another one. Shucks.

QUMOX Black 2.5" Hdd Bag Hardcase For Portable Hard Disk Drive Case Twin Zipper Cover
Offered by Sunwood-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars cracking bag!, 21 Sept. 2013
What a cracking bag to put my external hard drive in. Whatever will they think of next? An external hard drive to fit in it?

MailOnline Tablet
MailOnline Tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars male shot (in the foot), 21 Sept. 2013
This review is from: MailOnline Tablet (App)
As a lifelong reader of the guardian I thought I'd get a bit of balance in my newspaper life and get this right wing rabid rag on my tablet. Nice design but boy are they obsessed by womens body size or what?

The Guardian and the Observer
The Guardian and the Observer

5.0 out of 5 stars the best, 11 Dec. 2012
all the content of the print edition; without the ads; without the inky fingers; without the recycling issue at a fraction of the cost.

The Trials of Arthur: Revised Edition
The Trials of Arthur: Revised Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Arthur!, 5 Sept. 2012
Loving CJ Stone's work. I have followed him since the days he used to write for the Guardian newspaper with his Housing Benefit Hill articles. Very grounded, with a lilting, easy voice that is never preachy and both he and Arthur have a very good humourous thread running through this delightful book. Recommended, as indeed is any other of CJ's books.

Page: 1 | 2