Profile for Storidoc > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Battle - Los Angeles
Battle - Los Angeles
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars I think Ebert sums it up best: "When I think of the elegant construction of ..., 30 Jan. 2015
Unfortunately, as predictable, derivative and uninvolving as you expect from it's reputation, and the current standard of moving making in Hollywood ATM.
I think Ebert sums it up best: "When I think of the elegant construction of something like Gunfight at the O.K. Corral, I want to rend the hair from my head and weep bitter tears of despair. Generations of filmmakers devoted their lives to perfecting techniques that a director like Jonathan Liebesman is either ignorant of, or indifferent to. Yet he is given millions of dollars to produce this assault on the attention span of a generation."

TP-LINK TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WN881ND 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter

2.0 out of 5 stars Study hardware, but trouble with Windows 7 64-bit, 7 Nov. 2013
Firstly, I am computer literate, familar with windows 3.1 and up, and installing drivers on all sorts of componants.
I could not get this to work well under Windows 7 64-bit version, as other people have also found.
I strongly advice trying a different product if you are using this version of windows.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 28, 2013 3:33 PM GMT

Tangled [DVD]
Tangled [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nathan Greno

3.0 out of 5 stars Shrek, not Sleeping Beauty, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Tangled [DVD] (DVD)
Apparently, we're going against the flow, but my daughter (4yrs) and I enjoyed this latest Disney whilst watching it, but it has left little lasting impression. The songs are weak apart from the Villains main number, and Rapunzel herself is a surprisingly dim & dizzy Princess for the modern times.

Don't get me wrong, this will entertain your children, but we will not we yearning for this one after 25 years like the real Disney classics. It's more Shrek than Sleeping Beauty.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 4, 2011 8:19 PM BST

Professional Lemon Lime Orange Zester Stainless Steel Head
Professional Lemon Lime Orange Zester Stainless Steel Head
Offered by Bar Equipment Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a zester, 9 April 2011
"It does what it says on the tin." It's a sturdy potato-peeler sized zester. Using it takes a little practise, a lot like a peeler, but it produces those nice little thin rinds of peel that add that tangy something to a dish that no other instrument gives.

7563 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked
7563 Meter USB Printer Cable Unpacked

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for my use, 9 April 2011
I watch movies on my phone and the standard battery will last through one and not much longer. Now I can watch two in a row, and still have 30-40% left (which can last another couple of days or normal use).
It does make the unit much thicker in the middle, and of course your sticker skins won't fit any more without a few cuts.
Works with some Android ROMs too, but not all.

Nina And The Neurons [DVD]
Nina And The Neurons [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katrina Bryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Nina now on DVD, 9 April 2011
This review is from: Nina And The Neurons [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD has 8 episodes from the 2009 series. They are: Extraordinary X-Rays, Eyes in The Dark, Get Wet, Hot and Cold, Loud and Clear, Mirror Mirror, Near and Far & Pen and Paper.
We've watched this repeatedly since it arrived!
10/10

Dora's Birthday Surprise! (Little Golden Book)
Dora's Birthday Surprise! (Little Golden Book)
by Molly Reisner

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dora book to add to your collection, 9 April 2011
I was excited to find a Little Golden Book of Dora. My daughter loves these books with the hard covers, but still small and light enough to hold in bed (about A5 size).
The drawings are true to the TV series, even if the cover looks a bit iffy.
You'll be re-reading this one!

Leapfrog Leapster/LeapPad Explorer Disney Fairies Game
Leapfrog Leapster/LeapPad Explorer Disney Fairies Game
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveal your daughter's Talents., 9 April 2011
This is based around the second Tinkerbell film (The Lost Treasure). My daughter (3 1/2yr) enjoys playing it, but it is a bit more advanced than perhaps the Princess game or Tangled.
The child has to fly Tink around using the d-pad, judging timing to make it through obstacles. There are sums to do to progress too.
The graphics are bright and true to the film so she loves to see Tink.
9/10

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Dora the Explorer Dora's Worldwide Rescue
LeapFrog Explorer Game: Dora the Explorer Dora's Worldwide Rescue

5.0 out of 5 stars We did it! We did it!, 9 April 2011
My daughter had this before she went made on Dora, but she still loved playing it. She picked up many Spanish words and surprised me after one session (she can play it by herself - there's no text to read) by singing the Alphabet song at me for the first time!

Leapfrog Explorer Toy Story 3 Game
Leapfrog Explorer Toy Story 3 Game

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Toy Story!, 9 April 2011
How can it go wrong? The animations and sounds are spot on. The puzzles are good and not too repetitive. My daughter found it a bit hard by herself at 3 1/2, so consider leaving it a little later, or try Tangled or Mr Pencil at this age.
9/10