Profile for dazmaster > Reviews

Content by dazmaster

"dazmaster"

Mortal Engines (Mortal Engines Quartet)
Mortal Engines (Mortal Engines Quartet)
by Philip Reeve

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've ever read., 27 May 2004
This exciting and enthralling book by Phillip Reeve has kept me from boredom during the most boring of times in my life, study leave(GCSE's). It would not have been my first choice of book but I will certainly continue to read the sequel and any other oncoming novels to be written in this style. The imagination and inspriration conjoured by Reeve to create the fantasy world like no other is the only reason you need to buy this book. The comic characters and numerous unexpected twists all make it the best book I've ever read.
The use of such descriptive language on apsects of the future fantasy make it a beleivable story and make you think how technologically advanced our world today really is. The hunting ground and "Thrill of the chase" will trigger the primal instncts inside you. Reeve has taken a story in the future and reverted it, in parts, back to prehistoric times.
If you liked Harry Potter but found it a little long winded and slow at times then this could be the perfect book for you. Hopefully you will enjoy the read as much as I have.