Profile for Toffee > Reviews

Content by Toffee

Toffee (Here and there)

Page: 1 | 2
Green Kick Stand Protective shield cover snap on cover for ipod Touch 64GB 32GB 16GB 2nd Generation 3rd generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional, 24 Feb 2012
I got this for my daughter. It fits perfectly and easily, and is a great color. She loves it. Not sure how much protection it provides, but it looks good.

Rubber Duck Women's Sporty Neoprene/Shiny Black Snow Boot Sno200290107 6 Uk
Rubber Duck Women's Sporty Neoprene/Shiny Black Snow Boot Sno200290107 6 Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 Feb 2012
I bought these for a week-long trip to a snowy destination. I needed something waterproof, warm and comfortable enough to walk in all day long for sightseeing. I also wanted something not too bulky on top so they could be worn under trousers rather than over. These fit the bill almost perfectly. They kept me warm and dry and were very light, so I was able to walk for miles in them everyday. They are closed with Velcro so are relatively adjustable to go over or under trouser legs. I'm not crazy about the silly duck logo (would rather not have any at all) or the white stripe on the sole (fine for jeans, but if they weren't there, these could go with dressier clothes, too). Finally, the quality seem fine, but not great -- very synthetic materials (not sure how much damage we've done to the environment and the workers' health here), so I'm docking 1 star for that. But, the price is right, especially if you only need them for very limited use.

Chasseur “Smooth Base” grillpan, rectangular, wire handle 37 x 22cm
Chasseur “Smooth Base” grillpan, rectangular, wire handle 37 x 22cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Good grill pan, 29 Nov 2011
I finally got this after a lot of debating about whether I really need yet another thing in the kitchen. But I'm so glad I did. It's perfect for grilling steaks and things that don't take too long. The size is large enough to do 4 reasonable servings. Clean-up is not quite lickety-split, but with a bit of soaking, everything comes off easily the next day.

Zibits Lightning Ball Battle Arena with Zibit
Zibits Lightning Ball Battle Arena with Zibit
Offered by The Works

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but..., 29 Nov 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
My kids were so excited to get this along with some Zibits, but they played with it for about 10 minutes and now it just sits on the shelf. They are cute, but they don't hold the kids' interest for very long.

Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner with Brush by Elizabeth Arden Brown
Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner with Brush by Elizabeth Arden Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but smudges, 29 Nov 2011
I got this after reading the reviews. I was really hoping for an eyeliner that doesn't smudge so easily. I seem to have sweaty lids or something because everything seems to slide right off (onto the areas below and above the lash lines). This gel is easy to put on with the included brush. It's very easy to make it look good. But, for me at least, it will smear in about 10 minutes. To prevent smearing, I have to put on concealer underneath and translucent powder on top, which is fine when I want the really made-up look. But most of the time, I just want to spend 1 minute for a bit of eyeliner that stays in place. The search continues....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2012 4:45 PM BST

Sunoptic R12B Navy Blue/Black Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Slip Case
Sunoptic R12B Navy Blue/Black Reading Glasses - Strength +1.50 Incl. Slip Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it, 29 Nov 2011
Great price, good glasses. I love the frame. It's not the most sturdy pair of glasses I've ever owned, but for the price, it is very good value. I find it handy to have a few pairs around, and at this price, I can afford to.

Case-Mate Barely There Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 (not compatible with Orange NFC handset) - Metallic Silver
Offered by DeviceFun

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful case, 29 Nov 2011
Just got this case. It snaps on easily and seems relatively sturdy. The metallic silver is very nice and subdued, not flashy. Great for use as a mirror, too, if there's enough light. I hope it's as strong as advertised, but I haven't had a chance to test that.

Gravity Bin Feeder For Rabbit Guinea Pig Hutch Cage
Gravity Bin Feeder For Rabbit Guinea Pig Hutch Cage
Offered by WUNDAPETS

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness!, 29 Nov 2011
This bin feeder has been a great help. Our guinea pigs used to kick bedding into their dish and even poop in it. I didn't want to put too much food into the dish because I'd have to dump it out so often. This can be propped up high enough so they can eat, but can't get anything else into it. I haven't had any problems with the food being stuck in the bin and not coming down. I fill it up and the food lasts about 4 days for our 2 critters. So far, we're loving this product.

Royal and Langnickel Deluxe Artist Aluminum Easel
Royal and Langnickel Deluxe Artist Aluminum Easel

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be sturdier, 29 Nov 2011
I got this for my young daughter, and it's been working out fine. It's highly adjustable and can fold up neatly into a carry case. But it feels rather flimsy. Hope it lasts.

TrendyDigital EasyRead Platform or Flip Style Kindle Case for the Amazon Kindle 3 (Third Generation Kindle, Kindle Wi-Fi, or Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi , 6" Display), Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 29 Nov 2011
Beautifully made. The leather is soft and supple. The quality is very good. It's nice to be able to prop the Kindle up, too. It's a bit more bulky than I would have liked, but that's probably good protection.

Page: 1 | 2