ARRAY(0xa743ae88)

Profile for The Bookworm > Reviews

Content by The Bookworm

The Bookworm "Lisa" (Isle of Man)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Optical White Converse Low Tops size 6 UK
Optical White Converse Low Tops size 6 UK
Offered by Cloggs
Price: 42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainers, 30 July 2013
Have a number of these and have been working on increasing my hoarde. These have got mucky very quickly but then I'm not too bothered. They aren't especially comfortable if youve been walking a lot (my calves tend to ache) but I wouldn't part with them.
Heartily recommend.

Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Price: 36.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, 30 July 2013
Had the all singing and all dancing Phillips Sonicare toothbrush and after about two years it went strange on me-wouldn't work. So I purchased this as a cheaper alternative. If you want a sonic toothbrush that just cleans, well this is as good as any others. The only thing I would say is I wonder how long it will take for this one to conk out.

Sunsense Sun Protection Lip Balm SPF50 15g
Sunsense Sun Protection Lip Balm SPF50 15g
Offered by Venture Blue
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection for lips, 30 July 2013
Wanted a high factor lip balm and as other products from the range had been recommended I decided to purchase it. Have had no problems with it despite it not staying on long but then no balm up to yet has.
Easy to apply and I would recommend it.

Frye Women's Dara Campus Stitch 73625 Heeled Sandal Brown 73625Brn8 6 UK
Frye Women's Dara Campus Stitch 73625 Heeled Sandal Brown 73625Brn8 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous though very high shoes, 30 July 2013
I was watching these shoes until they came up for sale and then I bought. Before that they were just too expensive.
These shoes are high, way high and I feel that I tower over everyone. They also have very little grip on the soles so I am wary of walking anywhere that is uneven or slippy. Despite that they are comfortable, the leather smells and looks fanstastic and I have had so many complimenting comments about them. They fit true to size however I have thin feet and they fit me perfect-if you have wide feet I am unsure whether you could wear in your normal size.

Christmas Carols for Alto Sax (Instrumental Play Along)
Christmas Carols for Alto Sax (Instrumental Play Along)
by Peter Deneff
Price: 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Appear to be normal carols but then.., 30 April 2013
The first third of the carols are what I recognise and then they go slightly weird for the second half and then back to normal for the last third.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice fit and fabric., 30 April 2013
The fit is slightly bigger then normal but I am happy with that. The fabric is thick cotton and the leg length stops mid calf (I am 5'7). Would buy again.

A3062 - Pink - XL
A3062 - Pink - XL
Offered by Corset-Story
Price: 13.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't find as good as others, 30 April 2013
This review is from: UK2009 Blue Gold Corset
I purchased this on the back of recommendation so was slightly disappointed that I ended up returning it. I went up a size as suggested and below my boobs there were no problems. However the snugness of the fit around my boob area was a big problem. There was no way that I could wear this in public as I intended as bending down would have ensured that everything came out. I did not order another size because I think that the problem was in the design itself.

24k Gold Pomade 50ml
24k Gold Pomade 50ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Sparkle rather then glitter, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: 24k Gold Pomade 50ml (Misc.)
Going through a glitter phase at the minute (was a tomboy so this is probably my teenage phase) and was lulled by the review of this in a magazine. I only use a very little, the texture is like paste, and run it through my hair. I found that putting too much of it makes my hair greasy. It glitters and styles very lightly. Would I buy it again. No. The other thing I wished I'd shopped round. It's cheaper on space NK website.
Update.
I have had this four months now and when I came to use it today there was an oily residue on the top that I ended up pouring away. Whether the product is seperating is too early to tell.

Bacheldre Watermill Organic Stoneground Strong Malted Blend Flour 1.5 kg (Pack of 4)
Price: 10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for something different, 8 Jan 2013
I make bread manually (using Bertinet method) so I'm always on the look out for different flours. Have something similar by the local flour mill but I have to admit that this is cheaper. For the first loaf I used 500mg flour keeping the same of the other ingredients and it turned out very dry. Now mix half and half with normal bread flour and up water to 360mg. Turns out decent loaves that seem to keep for a few days longer then normal. Would I buy more? Not sure.

Le Creuset Cast Iron Shallow Casserole, Cerise, 26 cm
Le Creuset Cast Iron Shallow Casserole, Cerise, 26 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of cookware, 6 April 2012
I've had this piece of cookware for a good few months now and I have to say that I love it. I find that the best food to cook in the dish are long low heat stews. The foods cooks well in it and any meat is usually tender and the juices have been reduced. Another great thing about it is that i have never yet put it through the dishwasher. A bit of a soak with some hot water and soap and any residue comes off easily with a cloth. Apart from the fact that the dish is heavy, there are no real bad points to be said.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4