Profile for angie b > Reviews

Content by angie b

angie b "Tis me" (Scotland)

Random Acts of Crazy (Random Series #1)
Random Acts of Crazy (Random Series #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Random purchase, 20 Aug 2014
reading free ebooks is an excellent way to find new authors. That's what happened with this book. Julia Kent writes from each character's pov, which I particularly enjoy. she has a fresh pacy approach to her storyline which whilst being far fetched (well it is fiction after all), is also believable, because the character's feel real.
I thoroughly enjoyed this and have purchased the next two books in this series, so excuse me while I rush off to read them.

Claimed by the Alphas: Part One
Claimed by the Alphas: Part One

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising start, 30 Mar 2014
I purchased this as a free book and have since purchased the second and third to read. I can be spontaneous and have done things I could, and have, regretted but I don't think I would have gone as far as Mila. we all have our fantasies, this series plays to one of mine. well written, witty and engaging.

The Prime Minister's Ironing Board and Other State Secrets: True Stories from the Government Archives

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 29 Jan 2014
I love to read about archived material and this book gave a fascinating insight into some of the correspondence of governments over the years. I hope that as more documents are released further volumes will follow.

The Beatles - All These Years: Volume One: Tune In
The Beatles - All These Years: Volume One: Tune In

5.0 out of 5 stars Tune in, 23 Dec 2013
I am a Beatles fan and have always found their early history fascinating. This first volume covers the birth of the group with minute detail, some may find dull but I found interesting. I would recommend this book to any fan who wants to know more.

High School Musical [Encore Edition] [DVD] [2006]
High School Musical [Encore Edition] [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Zac Efron
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars A rainy day must have...., 14 Oct 2006
My two children had been going on about this for weeks, I finally succumbed to pester power and one rainy afternoon sat down with them to watch it. I have to admit I wasn't expecting to enjoy it. I like a good musical but this to me was more aimed at pre-teens far more than Grease had ever been. However I can say I was very pleasantly surprised. The general stroyline, lifted from the pages of Grease and put into a more modern context was well handled, yes you knew what the outcome was going to be but that didn't detract from the enjoyment of the journey to get there.

The songs are very catchy and I found myself humming them only after hearing them once. The young cast were excellent. All in all a rainy afternoon brightened and a very enjoyable way. I would recommend this to anyone with children as a good way to spend time together and maybe introduce them to the joy of musicals.

Blackout
Blackout
by Joey Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping....., 20 Oct 2005
This review is from: Blackout (Paperback)
Although I'm a few years older than the targetted age group for this book I still have memories of schooldays and the desire to be part of the "in crowd". Joey Paul writes it how it was and still is. I picked the book up one afternoon and couldn't put it down till I had finished. Her style of writing is witty, sometimes sarcastic, as teenagers can be, but above all sympathetic to her main characters and you get an insight into what it is like to live with a debiltating medical condition. As for the ending....well I never saw THAT coming!!
I would recommend this book to young and old alike and I hope there is more to come from this refreshing new writer on the block.