Profile for E. B. Wheaton > Reviews

Content by E. B. Wheaton

E. B. Wheaton "Kisha-Ra" (England.)

Pokémon Leaf Green (GBA)
Pokémon Leaf Green (GBA)

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to the glory days, 25 April 2013
I haven't played pokemon in an age as I never updated my console from my trusty gameboy advance, however when a friend reminded me that pokemon red and blue had once been rereleased as FireRed and LeafGreen I went on the hunt for them.

The game is as good as ever, though if you played Pokemon red and/or blue there's not any surprises for you in the storyline. The pokemon selection is the same as red/blue (first 150) but there are some moves that weren't in the original games, and the pokemon stats and leveling syestem has been updated to match ruby and sapphire versions. Also in line with those versions the pokemon now have a personality (timid, happy, ect.) which slightly effects their stat growth, and a special ability (e.g. Pidgy's keen eye ability prevents accuracy loss).

I bought my copy through the Amazon marketplace from SamuelUKMedia. It was advertised as cartridge only and good condition. The item arrived well before Amazon's estimated delivery time, and well packaged. Aside from the lack of box/instructions (no problem since pokemon has in game instructions) it's in near perfect condition.

Blue Moon Rising
Blue Moon Rising
by Simon R. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Blame it on the minstrels., 19 Jan 2007
This review is from: Blue Moon Rising (Paperback)
Prince Rupert does. When he was young he used to listen to tales of heroics and daring do. However on his quest he soon discovers that the minstrels never tell you the important things, like how to keep the rain out of your armour, or the best way to dig a latrine, or how to slay the dragon when you find it (because your heart is pure is not really a lot of help, he feels).

It starts out sounding like the archetypical fantasy right, Prince of to slay a dragon? Don't be fooled. Simon Green pokes fun at all the usual fantasy realms as he spins this tale.

If you like fantasy and have a sense of humour you should really read this at least once, and no, you can't borrow my copy. It's my favourite book.