Profile for Mamma Po > Reviews

Content by Mamma Po

Mamma Po (Isle of Wight, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Hoover SSN1700 SteamJet Dual Head Steam Mop, 1,700 W - Black
Offered by Hopi | Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Only good for 18 months., 4 Mar. 2015
This steam cleaner washed my hardwood floors beautifully for 18 months, then it suddenly stopped working effectively - failing to reach a high temperature and there no steam was being produced. I replaced the filter with a brand new one, but it made no difference. When I contacted Hoover Candy to find out what the fault might be, or have it serviced / repaired (which I was more than willing to pay for), they washed their hands of it and said they don't offer any such follow up service.

It's basically only now fit for the landfill, which I find a disgrace, I will never buy this brand again and absolutely can't recommend a product with such a limited lifespan.

Solar Powered Dancing Flower Assorted Single supplied
Solar Powered Dancing Flower Assorted Single supplied
Offered by TopMei

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and shoddy, 4 Sept. 2014
Broke within the first day of purchase. A huge disappointment for my daughter :-( As cheaply made as the price suggests.

Karabar Extra Large 33 Inch Lightweight Wheeled Holdall
Karabar Extra Large 33 Inch Lightweight Wheeled Holdall
Offered by Karabars UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value!, 4 Sept. 2014
Amazing value, especially as the bag has a 3 year guarantee. The bag is HUGE, but very lightweight and the pull handle makes it extremely manageable. Lots of individual pockets to separate your contents. An incredible purchase all in all.

Professor Mathmo and the Voyage to the Times Tables
Professor Mathmo and the Voyage to the Times Tables
Offered by Professor Mathmo

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm afraid we ultimately found it too annoying and are trying a different brand, 4 Sept. 2014
We did not get on at all well with this CD, and sadly I am sending it back for a refund. The tunes are sung very quickly, with the answers all following on too soon from each other to process. There's no way my 9 and 7 year old can pick up the unfamiliar songs at this speed - unless I played the CD constantly which I think would drive me crazy - the tunes are not catchy at all, just different. I'm afraid we ultimately found it too annoying and are trying a different brand. For £7.99, I expected much better.

How to Build a Girl
How to Build a Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good read, some crossover with Moranthology, 14 July 2014
A typically funny read from Caitlin Moran, although I could have done without the frequent references to the subject's frantic teenage masturbation...especially when conducted rather disturbingly next to her younger sleeping brother.

I was also disappointed to find a duplicated passage (literally word for word) from Moranthology - the description of her job interview with a newspaper and joke about the line from the film Annie. I haven't finished the book yet so am hoping there won't be any more repetition.

Set Of 2 0.4 Litre Blue Kilner Vintage Colour Glass Handled Preserving Drinks Beverage Handle Jars
Offered by MightyHousewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful - but not dishwasher proof!, 14 July 2014
These are a great al fresco solution, perfect for filling with ice and your favourite tipple, and taking with you to a picnic or beach trip. Stylish and practical.

Sadly, I hadn't realised these were not dishwasher-proof and thought they were green glass. When I took them out of the dishwasher after their first wash (on a cool, economy wash), the colour had come right off and I was left with a clear glass container :-( Such a shame. When they arrived, they were just wrapped in wads of bubble wrap and there was no packaging or leaflet to tell me to 'hand wash only', although I now see it is stated on the Amazon page. Very disappointed, but obviously it's my own fault for not reading the description more carefully. I will still enjoy using them, but obviously they are not as pretty now.

Set Of 2 0.4 Litre Green Kilner Vintage Colour Glass Handled Preserving Drinks Beverage Handle Jars
Offered by Get Goods

4.0 out of 5 stars These are a great al fresco solution, 14 July 2014

Sadly, I hadn't realised these were not dishwasher-proof and thought they were green glass. When I took them out of the dishwasher after their first wash (on a cool, economy wash), the colour had come right off and I was left with a clear glass container :-( Such a shame. When they arrived, they were just wrapped in wads of bubble wrap and there was no packaging or leaflet to tell me to 'hand wash only', although I now see it is stated on the Amazon page under the item description. Very disappointed, but obviously it's my own fault for not reading the small print more carefully. I will still enjoy using them, but obviously they are not as pretty now.

Make, Bake and Celebrate With Polly and Jago 2008 (Annual Series)
Make, Bake and Celebrate With Polly and Jago 2008 (Annual Series)
by Sarah Rowden

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous seasonal fun and food, 26 Oct. 2013
I bought this book ages ago because it was irresistibly beautiful - the illustrations are utterly charming and I loved the look of all the monthly activities. It's fascinating to read some of the seasonal folklore and how different customs and traditions originated and I love how each activity/recipe is inspired by the time of year. Everything is written in an easily-digestible manner and the recipes and craft fun are simple but very effective and enjoyable. Highly recommended. This may be the 2008 version but I regularly dip into it for seasonal inspiration. I do hope they bring out another.

Playmobil 5286 Top Agents Agents Command Vehicle
Playmobil 5286 Top Agents Agents Command Vehicle

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing price online!, 5 July 2013
This same model was £49.99 in my local toyshop so I was amazed and thrilled to find it so much cheaper on Amazon. And with Free P&P! We couldn't have afforded to buy it at the local shop but now my little boy can have the birthday present he's longing for. Although I don't normally like buying plastic, Playmobil toys are always so well made and the detail is incredible. They last forever and my 5 year old spends hours playing with them.

Happy Pet Raw Wooden Hayrack
Happy Pet Raw Wooden Hayrack

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made, attractive hay rack, 16 April 2013
I don't know whether my rabbits are just a bit dim but they don't/can't pull their hay out of the bars when the rack is fixed to their hutch. They would eat the hay on the top of the rack and then leave the rest. When I finally figured out what was happening (and that they weren't just 'off' their hay), I took the rack off the wall and laid it flat. They reached in and ate every last straw! Now I just lie the hay rack flat on the ground so they can reach it all. Other than that, it's sturdy, well made and a good price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3