Profile for pappyon > Reviews

pappyon "pappyon" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars These cutters would cut the face off you, 22 April 2012
I bought these cutters on Amazon recently for less than half the price this profiteer is asking for them, however they don't cut much better than the originals on my shaver which was bought in 1983.

They are tearing the face off me and are even leaving me with spots of blood on my face. It is like using a rough sander on your face.

They are as rough as the proverbial badger's a*se

Leifheit Rotaro 11402 Small Deluxe Floor Sweeper
Leifheit Rotaro 11402 Small Deluxe Floor Sweeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Why is this machine so expensive?, 14 Dec. 2011
I should not have asked the question in the title of this review, as the answer is as plain as the big nose in my face, it is far superior to any other carpet sweeper that was ever made, hence its being at least double the price of any other carpet sweeper and the equivalent price of some "Hoovers".

Without meaning to be anti British, "you cannot beat German engineering!"

It's so good, we have a brand new one in the loft for future use, in case we cannot locate one at a later date, as this machine can be quite hard to get hold of!

Do not go for the cheaper model, as it is not a patch on this model. Be warned!

I can say without a doubt that I would unhesitatingly recommend this carpet sweeper to anybody who is contemplating buying one!

Hotpoint TCM580P Aquarius Condenser Tumble Dryer in Polar White
Hotpoint TCM580P Aquarius Condenser Tumble Dryer in Polar White

4.0 out of 5 stars why has this machine no wheels?, 14 Dec. 2011
I had to get a piece of hardwood from the garage to put down on the kitchen floor to slide this machine into position, or the floor would have been torn to pieces, as there is no place to grip the machine from above, front or back to lift if up off the floor. Hotpoint designer engineers should hang their heads in shame!

Before all the smart alecs chime in with their comments, the Hotpoint dryer I threw out had wheels at the rear for ease of moving it around, so why hasn't this one?

Apart from that it is a lot easier to use than the last one, and a lot quieter. An added bonus that it is as cheap as all the rubbishy makes on sale that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole

The downside is that Hotpoint is now owned by a company I will not name that gets a terrible name for build quality, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Would I recommend the product? I certainly would! No fancy gimmicks, just the basics, but it's all you need! If we get the same use out of it as we got from the one it replaces, I will be very happy considering the price of it! My wife is delighted with it.

Wahl ZX546 Ceramic Coated Slim Plated Pe
Wahl ZX546 Ceramic Coated Slim Plated Pe

5.0 out of 5 stars So delighted the wife has ordered another one., 7 Oct. 2011
My wife is so pleased with this product she has just ordered another one as a spare. It is only a third of the price of the one it replaced and does the same job.

People have commented on there being no on-off switch. This is utter nonsense. It is on the handle. Others say it doesn't heat up enough. Again my wife refutes this and says it heats up as much as one she had costing treble the price.

I won't comment on Amazon customer service, except to say I have always been happy with every aspect of the way they treat their customers, and this time is no exception.

Philips hq55/hq56 Philishave Norelco super reflex/ reflex plus razor blades shaver heads cutters and foils replacement head 3 pack
Offered by UK Prime

1.0 out of 5 stars Is Philips conning us?, 29 Sept. 2011
I have just taken delivery of a set of these heads, and they shave no better than the original heads which are in a shaver bought in 1983 and still performing like new!

When I bought the shaver, an HP1335 model, the literature included stated that the heads were self-sharpening and would never need renewing. Now Philips tell you to replace your shaver heads every year or two at the most!

Apart from this, the price they charge is obscene!

Sony MDR-IF140K Open Air Cordless Headphones (MDR-IF140K)
Sony MDR-IF140K Open Air Cordless Headphones (MDR-IF140K)

1.0 out of 5 stars Grossly overrated and overpriced, 4 July 2011
The earmuffs keep falling on and are practically impossible to put back on properly. The headband cuts into the top of your head, and the earphones themselves hurt your ears they are so tight. The volume control is so fiddly you can't control the volume with it and the on off switch is so small and delicate you can only move it with your pinky nail.

It's not so long ago I had to return a set to Amazon when they failed to produce sound in the left hand earpiece.

Sony merchandise has deteriorated vastly in the last few years, and they are now trading soley on their name.

If you are still interested in these headphones, you can buy them for less than half the price that is being asked here.

tesa 58000 Powerstrips Large, Removable Self Adhesive Strips (10 Strips)
tesa 58000 Powerstrips Large, Removable Self Adhesive Strips (10 Strips)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fell down like a house of cards, 10 Jun. 2011
I used these so-called "Heavy Duty" strips to put a small net curtain up in the bathroom to save me drilling the tiles. Normally I have no faith in these "miracle" "no nail" products and always use rawl plugs and screws, but am not fit for this now. The left hand curtain hook fell down after 2 days, and was replaced. I am not allowed to use bad language on here but imagine my annoyance when the right hand curtain hook fell down after 3 days leaving the left hand hook still in place.

I have again replaced the right hand curtain hook, and also put one in the centre of the curtain rod in the hope that this will be the end of it.

If any more of them fall down I will be sending the pack back to Amazon and asking for a refund
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2011 8:46 PM BST

Bosch Exxcel WAE24469GB 1200 rpm Spin Freestanding White Washing Machine
Bosch Exxcel WAE24469GB 1200 rpm Spin Freestanding White Washing Machine

5.0 out of 5 stars Bare faced robbery, 29 May 2011
The price asked for this is absolute robbery. I bought this machine from Comet Online before Christmas for £341 with free delivery, and it can still be bought online for this price.

However I would totally recommend this machine in every respect. My wife is delighted with it, especially the quick wash programme! Only thing is it was hard to get it under the kitchen worktop with it being so heavy! No doubt the delivery men would have done this had I asked them!

Kitchen Craft Can Opener Butterfly Wing Style
Kitchen Craft Can Opener Butterfly Wing Style
Offered by Ur Choice

1.0 out of 5 stars Butterfly wing can opener, 31 Mar. 2011
This item is total garbage. You don't have to be ripped off paying this inflated price. You can get the same can opener in Wilkinsons for 44p. This is nothing but total robbery!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 6:45 PM GMT

Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT
Universal AC/DC MAINS POWER ADAPTOR 300MA 3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 VOLT
Offered by The M Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous customer service, 15 Mar. 2011
This product was received 3 days after ordering and this included a weekend. I would recommend the seller without hesitation!

It cost less than half the price of a similar item in ASDA and works perfectly well. Many people have given this product a bad review on amazon but this is because they have not followed the instructions properly causing the adaptor to malfunction, fuse or burn out!

You must set the proper voltage and polarity before plugging it into a socket and switching on or you will damage it beyond repair before you have even used it.

Remember it is only rated at 300ma, not 2000. Check the rating of the product you are going to be using it on first!

Page: 1 | 2