ARRAY(0xaf2bb84c)

The French Cat (Mini)
by Rachael McKenna
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book!, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: The French Cat (Mini) (Hardcover)
This is such a charming book. The photography is wonderful. Makes me want to run to France in search of these feline beauties! It will make a wonderful present for my cousin's birthday. She is as crazy about cats as I am!

My Voice & 45 Strings
My Voice & 45 Strings
Offered by CodaDelta-UK
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 9 July 2013
This review is from: My Voice & 45 Strings (Audio CD)
Gorgeous... beautiful..... Lovely to hear something different. I could listen to her voice all day. Wonderful to hear the harp played in this way. A magical combination.

Birth of the Blues / Blue Skies [DVD] [1941/1946]
Birth of the Blues / Blue Skies [DVD] [1941/1946]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fred Astaire...sublime as always!, 9 July 2013
I bought this because of the 'Puttin on the Ritz' which I could watch forever!

The rest of the film is fairly average compared to other musicals at the time.

Fruit Of The Loom Lady Fit Oxford Short Sleeve Shirt White L
Fruit Of The Loom Lady Fit Oxford Short Sleeve Shirt White L

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shirt!, 9 July 2013
I love this shirt. The material is lovely almost linen like cotton.

I will be ordering again in other colours.

Mother of Pearl MOP Peacock Design Vanity Purse Handbag Compact Mirror
Mother of Pearl MOP Peacock Design Vanity Purse Handbag Compact Mirror
Offered by Antique Alive
Price: 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 9 July 2013
Simply gorgeous to look at. I take it everywhere!

I will be buying a few more as gifts I think.

Bundle Monster Womens PU Faux Leather Lady Tote Shoulder Handbag Purse Bag - ORANGE
Offered by Bundle Monster
Price: 14.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 9 July 2013
This bag is just right. The colour is gorgeous (I bought orange). It is just the right size for books, a purse, a mobile phone etc. and is very well made. I love the stitching. Some have mentioned the lining. The lining is waxed fabric which is unusual but works with this bag

Brideshead Revisited [DVD] [2008]
Brideshead Revisited [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Emma Thompson
Price: 4.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Nov 2011
I remember the original series being on television when I was a child. I did not watch it at the time but I was aware that it received wonderful reviews and my family loved it. Based on this memory I decided to watch this film. The film looks great. It is beautifully shot and the cast, especially Emma Thompson do a wonderful job in the time they were given. But I was disappointed. The stories never really have a chance to develope and you are left feeling that there is a lot more under the surface which the screen writer or director (not sure who) chose to ignore. We were quickly led from one sitauation to another without much of an idea of how we got there. When the doctor announced that 'Sebastian would not fully recover because he is an alcoholic', I thought, 'when did that happen?' I was also confused when Julia went to Venice with Charles and Sebastian when previously her mother said she could not go away for the summer because she had to fulfill her duties at Brideshead. Everything happened too fast and the fact that Sebastian's father was rushed home as he was dying just as Charles and Julia were leaving was the final straw. There is obviously more to the relationship between Charles and his father, and we did not really discover anything about Charles' wife and how he was able to leave her at the drop of a hat. The struggle between the siblings' catholic faith and their own life choices was not convincing at all. I will be ordering the book and the original TV series on DVD to get to grips with everything that is missing in this film.

Dreamer In Concert
Dreamer In Concert
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: Dreamer In Concert (Audio CD)
Stacey has done it again. Her voice and the musicianship from the band are faultless. I would have loved to have been at this concert. She sings each song wonderfully. It is great to hear some of the old favourites sung with a twist and a little something extra here and there. I loved how the audience sang along in hushed tones at the end. Perfect!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2011 4:48 PM GMT

Miss Buncle's Book
Miss Buncle's Book
by D. E. Stevenson
Price: 12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly wonderful!, 5 May 2011
This review is from: Miss Buncle's Book (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Persephone books. Each one is a joy to read. Miss Buncle's book is no different. It made me smile from the first page to the last and I positively could not stop laughing when I read the chapter about the meeting in the drawing room! I will be ordering a copy of Miss Buncle Married very soon.

Glorious 39 [DVD]
Glorious 39 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romola Garai
Price: 4.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so glorious...., 31 May 2010
This review is from: Glorious 39 [DVD] (DVD)
I had high hopes for this film. I love films about WWII and the cast for this film is impressive. However as I watched I began to feel that I was watching a very bad episode of Midsomer Murders. Some of the lines were terrible and the storyline clunky. Very odd things frequently happen but and we do not see enough background to the characters to really unerstand why they are doing these odd things. There is no real sense of danger either. At one point the heroine is followed by a man in black on a bicycle who turns to look at her every once in a while in a very non-scary Hammer House of Horror sort of way. I do not understand why the story was viewed via the current youngest member of the family and I did not believe that the family members telling the story would have such detail to share as they were both very young at the time. The fact that people took their pets to the vet to be put down because their houses were being closed up for the war was repeated several times and emphasised to a great extent leading up to a ridiculous murder at the vet's surgery. I also did not see why everything had to be so cloak and dagger initially. Surely, in the lead up to the war it would have been normal for some people to want to avoid war and some to support it just as is the case today. The murders and the cruelty of the family towards the adopted daughter (who was previously loved and cherished)just seem too extreme. Added to the fact that the family just stood calmly by as she made her escape at the end just made for a very confusing and nonsensical film. I loved the cast and the production but the story was not the war time, edge of your seat, conspiracy thriller I was expecting.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3