Profile for Charlotte-477 > Reviews

Brilliant
Brilliant
Price: 11.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme Voice !!, 30 May 2012
This review is from: Brilliant (Audio CD)
Not much excites me these days, but receiving my copy of Brilliant yesterday was like having all my 44 Christmas's in one go !! (I'm an accountant, so that explains things...). I knew this would be good, there is simply no way Midge, Chris (still my favourite bass player of all time), Billy and Warren would let us down. Not only are these an exciting set of new songs that can be by no one else but Ultravox, they remind me of the happiest/most content time of my life and have put a spring back into my step. It is so refreshing to also have the contemporary feel of the 21st Century on this album, but what would expect from the guys that made synthsizers cool when Punk still ruled and have the latest synth technology at their fingertips. Listen out for Midge's guitar riffs, Chris's throbbing bass, Billy's violin and Warren's precise drums - they all still have their individuality on this Brilliant disc. Will be having a 'virtual' cider with "Fifteen Again" tonight to celebrate. Thanks Ultravox, you really do have an Extreme Voice !!