Profile for Margurite K > Reviews

Content by Margurite K

Margurite K (Sweden)

Page: 1 | 2
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars It works. Don't think. Just read it., 28 Aug. 2013
Just don't stress or even think about it anymore. The hesitation to quit smoking is the hell. Just read the book and you will not want to smoke anymore. That's how it works. Even worked for my chain smoking Dad so it can help anyone!

Soul Mining
Soul Mining
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic for its time, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Soul Mining (Audio CD)
Here is another one that is just as good as I had remembered it to be - after all those years.

Uncarved Block
Uncarved Block
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare find - still as good as I remembered it to be, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Uncarved Block (Audio CD)
Was fantastic to hear this again after so many years. Had the tunes in my head for decades. Thing is- it is as good as I remembered. if not better. Amazing unsung album. Surprised not more people know it.

Mad Men - Seasons 1-3 [DVD]
Mad Men - Seasons 1-3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Mad Men - Seasons 1-3 [DVD] (DVD)
Everyone knows the TV series and so this is the perfect gift to someone you think will love it. In my case- bought it for my parents and it didn't disappoint!

Aquabourne Wind up & Solar Radio AM/FM/WB, splash proof. V2 high output solar panel
Offered by Home & Travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't disappoint, 28 Aug. 2013
What you see is what you get.
I bought it for my grandmother, but she was quite old and found it hard to wind.
But as a product its great. No disapointments here.

The Bonesetter's Daughter
The Bonesetter's Daughter
by Amy Tan

5.0 out of 5 stars For Amy Tan fans- this will not disappoint, 28 Aug. 2013
I put a high rating when I find the book a delight to read and am sad when it comes to an end. This is Amy Tan as you know and love her. No surprises and no disappointments. Really enjoyed it.

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything
by Elizabeth Gilbert

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by the film, 28 Aug. 2013
I hope you haven't seen the film- because it will ruin the book for you! Luckily I had read it before. The book is entertaining, funny, endearing, honest, and just an all round easy and light read for anyone who enjoys travelling. Perfect paperback for holiday. I read it as it was recommended to me and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The CONCISE GUIDE TO SELF-SUFFICIENCY.
The CONCISE GUIDE TO SELF-SUFFICIENCY.
by John Seymour

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for any household., 28 Aug. 2013
Bought this book when I moved from an apartment to a house in the countryside. My teenage boys love the book as much as I do. A reference book worth keeping.

Frida Kahlo: 'I Paint my Reality' (New Horizons)
Frida Kahlo: 'I Paint my Reality' (New Horizons)
by Christina Burrus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 28 Aug. 2013
Always been fascinated by the persona and had been recommended this book by a friend. Didn't disappoint. Was an enjoyable as well as an informative read. Couldn't put it down.

Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean it!
by Kris Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped kickstart a change in lifestyle, 28 Aug. 2013
Despite being tested negative for allergy to gluten, this book convinced me to give gluten-free diet a try and just see for myself. After 2 months I am much much better- with the main ailments but also with other ailments I would not have believed connected such as PMS. (Apparently gluten can cause Vitamin B deficiency in some people).
Have not gone the whole hog - but have taken some of her recommendations into the family's daily routines. Eating - and really enjoying - loads more raw foods, vegetables and green smoothies. The body naturally goes off meat and processed foods when you give it what it wants. Denial ain't a river in Egypt as my dear friend Paul says! If you feel ill, it is probably connected to diet.

This book is a mine of knowledge - don't be put off by the cover. You will use it as a reference book so its well worth the investment.

Page: 1 | 2