Profile for MrsBoots > Reviews

Content by MrsBoots

MrsBoots

Page: 1 | 2
UrbanPup Fuschia Fleece-lined Raincoat (Small - Dog Body Length: 10" / 25cm)
UrbanPup Fuschia Fleece-lined Raincoat (Small - Dog Body Length: 10" / 25cm)
Offered by UrbanPup

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, great value, super fast delivery, 16 Oct 2014
Arrived extremely quickly and fit my dog perfectly! I was very impressed by the product - keeps her warm and dry in poor weather. Thank you - I am looking at my next UrbanPup purchase already as I was so impressed with this product.

Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
by Aneeta Patel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - not too simple or complicated, 3 Sep 2014
Lovely book which explains the intricacies of knitting and all the terms associated with it. Great book for beginners, but you can learn some very complex ideas from this book. Nice tone which creates enthusiasm.

kwmobile® Practical and chic FLIP COVER case for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7270 / S7275 in White
Offered by KW-Commerce

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but not durable., 3 Sep 2014
I like the style of this cover, but I have had two now and they seem to crack easily. However, the phone is kept safe which I cannot complain about given the very reasonable price.

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and useful, 3 Sep 2014
Love the fact you can plug this into another speaker to enhance volume. It is lightweight, easy to use, with a handy pouch. Lovely product which can be used easily if you are on-the-go. I use this as a portable speaker in my classroom when I move from one lesson to another. As classroom sizes differ, and the video clips I use in the class can vary in volume, I like the idea I can plug another one in. But it is adequately loud - much more so than my previous speaker.

Thrive ProReward 100% Liver Treats for Dogs - 60g. (Pack of 4)
Thrive ProReward 100% Liver Treats for Dogs - 60g. (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very delicious (I think), 3 Sep 2014
My chihuahua loves this above all other treats. I use these to train her, and first discovered them at the vet's. Would recommend. But have not tasted them myself.

THE GREAT GATSBY (Fitzgerald Classics)
THE GREAT GATSBY (Fitzgerald Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic tale which sets the scene of 1920s America well, 18 July 2013
I've read an F Scott Fitzgerald novel before so knew what to expect. The setting and vision is great. Told in a narrative where it is easy to picture yourself right in the middle of the action. Read this to compare to the film, and I felt that the book and film bring out a lot of points for discussion.

DIGIFLEX Mini Black USB Wired Optical Light Scroll Wheel Mice Mouse for PC Laptop Computer
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got my money's worth!, 18 July 2013
I wanted a really cheap mini mouse to use with my notebook. Other similar products had unreliable reviews, so opted for this one. It's been knocked on the floor heavily only once - and it still works. It feels good to control, and I like the light up colours - which I initially thought would be annoying. Overall, good value for money considering the cost. I would definitely say I've got my money's worth by now! But think it will last longer!

Grammar for English Language Teachers
Grammar for English Language Teachers
by Martin Parrott

4.0 out of 5 stars A handy product, 18 July 2013
Teaches the basics of TEFL. A good guide, which is divided into easy to manage chapters. Arrived on time and in good condition.

Tech Air Envelope Slim Slip Case for 10 to 11.6 inch Notebooks and Laptops - Grey/Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, exactly as described, 18 July 2013
I wanted a case for my new laptop that would keep the dust off it, as well as being light and durable. I love the velcro envelope design which means it is easy to slip the case on and off my laptop. There is also a pouch to keep other stuff in - I will usually slip my charger and mini mouse here for travelling. The grey/orange colouring works for me. Delivered on time, and in good condition.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner

4.0 out of 5 stars Could do with more pace, but well written and informative, 14 Sep 2012
I bought this book based on the amount of 5 star reviews and the fact it only cost 20p on my Kindle. All in all I enjoyed reading the book. I felt the pace sagged in the middle and I was close to giving up (as some of the 1 star reviewers did). However, if you persevere it is a good read.

The subject matter was heavy going in parts - but maybe this is a sign of a good author. I felt that it was well written overall, but the plot was a little far fetched. However, I guess I would need to know more about an abusive relationship to judge that also. I did feel as though the story was too black and white with heroes and villains. The world isn't really like that, and that would be my major criticism of the book. Still its worth a read for 20p!

Page: 1 | 2