Profile for bertie b > Reviews

Dvd ~ Louie Spence
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent... of course!, 10 Jan 2012
I got this for my wife although it was more of a joint purchase as she also got it for me! Would thoroughly recommend it, for your money you get several hours' worth of Louis, Starman and co (including the genius/excrutiating section where Andrew Stone sings with David Van Day, each trying to outdo the other by really "feeling" the song they've just made up). Also contains "Pineapple Unseen" which is also worth a look. Overall a must-purchase DVD which bears repeated views!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules (DVD + Digital Copy)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Zachary Gordon
Price: 5.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids!, 10 Jan 2012
I got this DVD for my daughter who's aged 11. Although I would say that she's probably the right age to fully appreciate the film, my wife and I also thoroughly enjoyed it and have already watched it twice. Some really funny moments (the bit in the church!) and Rodrick's band Loded Diper always raises a laugh. A great film for all the family and you don't need to have seen the first one either (cos I haven't!)

Wool Overs Women's Cashmere & Merino V Neck Jumper Chocolate Medium
Wool Overs Women's Cashmere & Merino V Neck Jumper Chocolate Medium
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd
Price: 29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality!, 10 Jan 2012
I got this (in black) for my wife and she was really pleased with it. The quality seems excellent, although it's cashmere mix it is extremely soft and fits very well. Would recommend!

Darwin Deez
Darwin Deez
Price: 7.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Legend!, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Darwin Deez (Audio CD)
What can I say about this guy... if you like your music with an NYC flavour, if you like the Strokes but are a bit disillusioned with their recent output, then you could do a lot worse than to pick up this album. And try to catch him live - he's even better!

Rayware Mason Cash Can S12 Mixing Bowl, 29 cm
Rayware Mason Cash Can S12 Mixing Bowl, 29 cm
Offered by kitchen essentials
Price: 15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Erm... it's a bowl!, 10 Jan 2012
well, what can I say... this is a very strong (as long as you don't drop it!) ceramic mixing bowl. Very spacious (I was considering the next size up but glad I didn't). Seems fine in the microwave (used it to make popcorn). And the cakes it produces are pretty good too!

Gemstones of the World
Gemstones of the World
by Walter Schumann

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Gemstones of the World (Hardcover)
I got this book for my wife who is interested in making her own jewellery. It contains details of just about every mineral/gemstones/precious stone you could think of (and a lot you wouldn't!) with useful information on how to identify stones. Altogether very well recommended!

The Adventures Of Black Beauty - The Complete Series [DVD] [1972]
The Adventures Of Black Beauty - The Complete Series [DVD] [1972]
Dvd ~ Michael Culver
Price: 23.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past!, 10 Jan 2012
This really is a recommended purchase! Every episode from the original early 70s series of Black Beauty.. even now the theme music is so evocative it sends a shiver down my spine, reminds me of going to my nan's for tea then watching this before going home thinking of school the next day! Colours are slightly dull but that's to be expected I think from the film stock. Watch this and find out how good telly was back then!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 2:49 PM GMT

It's Vintage, Darling!: How to be a Clothes Connoisseur
It's Vintage, Darling!: How to be a Clothes Connoisseur
by Christa Weil

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice!, 10 Jan 2012
I got this book for my wife as we have recently begun attending vintage fairs. The book is short on pictures (ie there arent any) but excellent for advice on what to look for (eg types of buttons/zips) when sourcing original vintage items. An excellent resource for anyone interested in selling vintage items as a hobby or as a job

Vintage Fashion: Collecting and Wearing Designer Classics
Vintage Fashion: Collecting and Wearing Designer Classics
by Emma Baxter-Wright
Price: 17.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 10 Jan 2012
I got this book for my wife as we have recently started to attend vintage fairs, she loves it - especially the photos from fashions through the eras. The book show full outfits as well as close ups which is great when trying to source original designs. Recommended!!

Su Doku, the Times 2012
Su Doku, the Times 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars great item!, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Su Doku, the Times 2012 (Calendar)
i got this calendar for my mum, the price was very good and she seems pretty happy with it! would definitely recommend