Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Document Scanner
Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Document Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect scanner for home bussines, 22 Jun. 2011
I have been using this scanner for two months and I have no complains at all. It is fast enough, small and the software is quite usable (and sadly I can't say that very often). It has just one button to start the scanning procedure. By pressing this button the software pops (I am running MacOS) and informs about the progress. Interaction is only needed in one place, to give the file a name. I would request the programmer even to remove this step towards a full automation. The scanned file can also be routed to other programs, like email. The scanner works nice with different size paper. If you don't adjust the guides the paper turns a little, but adjusting them all the time is not practical when you have many things to scan with different paper sizes. The software does also a nice OCR work (just in the first page of a multipage document), making the PDF searchable with, for example, spotlight, which is really useful to locate a doc. In summary I would buy it again without any doubt, and I recommend it openly.