Profile for Chris Mac > Reviews

Content by Chris Mac

Chris Mac "Chris Mac" (UK)

Wax Cotton Mens Aussie Bush Sun Hat Fishing Walking Waxed by WWK / WorkWear King (Large-59cm, Olive Green)
Offered by WWK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great outdoor walking hat., 10 April 2016
Absolutely delighted for the price. Well packaged. Brim wide for sun and rain protection but not too wide.

100% Cotton, Standard Collar, Stud Button Pleated Front Dress Shirt-16
100% Cotton, Standard Collar, Stud Button Pleated Front Dress Shirt-16
Offered by Dobell

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vfm dinner shirt, 10 April 2016
Great buy for the price. Sleeves quite creased in packaging when arrived so needed ironing. Good quality cotton.

Morphy Richards M/R02048 Accents Replacement Anti-Scale Kettle Filter
Morphy Richards M/R02048 Accents Replacement Anti-Scale Kettle Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in all respects, 10 Mar. 2016
Item exactly what I wanted. Perfect, easy to fit. Quick delivery. Great price.

NuoYa005 Super Diaphanous Pocket-Size 15x32D Black Monocular Telescopes Gift
NuoYa005 Super Diaphanous Pocket-Size 15x32D Black Monocular Telescopes Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and customer service., 10 Jan. 2015
Fantastic monocular for under £6 with free tracked delivery from China. Great lightweight spotting scope with optics far better than I could have possibly expected for the price. Exactly as described.
Yan contacted me after despatch with the 4PX tracking number and item arrived promptly and early in the delivery window.

NuoYa005 Prescription Optical Swimming Goggles Eyewear Glasses Myopia Anti-fog UV of 350 Degrees (-3.5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value and customer service., 10 Jan. 2015
Fantastic item for the cost of under £6. Item exactly as described. I can see clearly now when swimming - ok, so my astigmatism isn't corrected but my vision is 95% as good as when wearing my prescription spectacles which cost 50x more.
Yan contacted me after despatch with the 4PX tracking number and kept in touch through the transaction process. Prompt delivery early n the delivery window. Will use again

Novawo Prescription Optical Swimming Goggles Eyewear Glasses Myopia Anti-fog UV 400 (From -1.50 to -8.0) (BLACK, -300)
Offered by Novawo-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Item as described, great value for money, but..., 10 Jan. 2015
Good value for money and efficient on time delivery from China with a tracking number supplied. UK delivery charge is extra and applied per item. Reflective coating a bit scary for the grand kids but vision is virtually as good as with my specs. Can see fine when head out of the water but becomes blurred under the water. Not sure whether this is due to water having a different refractive index to air (school physics) or the coating, but if buying don't expect good underwater vision. They don't fit under a snorkel mask either. The nose bridge is a bit tight and does not adjust but I like the case and the rear fastener. I also got goggles from Nuo Ya 005 - better fit (3 interchangeable nose bridges) vision and price with free UK delivery so would recommend them over these....but overall item as described and great value for the money.

JETech® Diamond 2 Serial iPad Mini II with Retina Display (Fits Both iPad Mini 1 and 2) - iPad Mini Leather Case Smart Cover for Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini II with Retina Display (2nd Generation) - Latest Version for All iPad Mini Models with Built-In Magnet for Sleep/Wake Feature and Built-in Multi-Angle Stand (Yellow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and cheap piece of kit - love it, 17 July 2014
Can't fault it. Cheap and does everything I want. I read some reviews but have had none of the problems they seem to have had.

Bought yellow as it was cheapest - looks good and makes my iPad easy to find!

DIGICHARGE® MICRO USB DATA CABLE LEAD FOR TOMTOM START 60 25 20 TOM TOM PC SYNC CABLE
Offered by Digital Accessories Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 July 2014
Worth the money, cheap but does the job and far cheaper than buying a new tom tom whose angled cable had failed.
Only gripe is it is a bit short to stretch from my transmission tunnel 12 v socket as my car has no instrument panel socket...so measure the length you need before ordering - I did'nt.

Canon PG-540XL and CL-541XL High Capacity Ink Cartridge Pack - Multi-Coloured
Canon PG-540XL and CL-541XL High Capacity Ink Cartridge Pack - Multi-Coloured
Offered by Ink Jungle

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery. Genuine item as described. Great price, 21 April 2014
Title says it all. Why pay high street prices when you can get service like this?
Free empty ink cartridge return envelope provided too.
I will definitely use them again and again.

Olympus Pen E-PL5 Compact System Camera - Black (16.1 MP, M.ZUIKO Digital 14 -42mm II R Lens Kit) 3 inch LCD
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best micro four thirds and for a very affordable price - beats DSLR's for portability hands down, 5 July 2013
Having seen some of my son in law's pictures, I'd become aware of the limitations of a supercompact fixed wide angle zoom lens point and shoot camera(apologies to my Lumix ZR 1 which has been a faithful and highly portable companion all over the world since purchase in Hong Kong 4 years ago) and wanted something with DSLR capability but portable. I read the magazine and online digital camera reviews and became very confused over DSLR, Bridge or compact system (whatever that was) reviews and so asked my son in law for his advice. He asked me what my budget was as he reckoned micro four thirds (a DSLR without the mirror - simples!) was what I wanted and it was down to Lumix G, Sony NEX or Olympus. He favoured Olympus as with the image stabilisation in the body and with a lens mount adapter you can go with virtually any lens you can find either new or on e Bay. He had just bought an old EOS zoom lens for his (over £1000 when new) on e bay for £10!
He had an E-PL1 and so biased a bit towards Olympus and recommended the OM-D if I had over £1500 to spare to set up with body and lenses etc - I didn't. But running a very close second to the OMD was the E-PL5 which I got for under £500 through Amazon, got the standard 14 - 42 kit lens included and also qualified for a free pancake lens (17 mm, f 2.8) from Olympus worth over £300. I've also got the 40 - 150 zoom through Amazon at an amazing price, and then screen protectors and case and still well under my £750 budget. Jury still out on whether to spend a further £150 on an electronic viewfinder.....
The picture quality is amazing, the range of composition options from iAuto, to Manual focus to fully manual is amazing, the touch tilt screen very effective and user friendly and the quality of image is perfect - although this is the first time I've taken RAW images and processed them which is altogether another challenge! Macro shots and depth of field images are giving me exactly the improved photos I wanted. I feel also semi professional already!
The improvement in ease of use and optics from the 70's when I first used a film SLR, is like men landing on the moon was to my dad.
Fantastic camera to own. It's really portable, particularly with just the pancake street lens although the kit lens, flash and street lens also fit nicely in a LowePro 100 case (with belt loop and shoulder strap options)
Am I a happy bunny and would I recommend it - without hesitation...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2013 11:33 AM BST