Profile for Grandma M > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic SD2502 Stainless Steel Bread Maker
Panasonic SD2502 Stainless Steel Bread Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 May 2014
Panasonic Breadmakers have certainly progressed since we bout our first one 15 years ago. This one looks nice and the build quality is good. It makes lovely white bread and we adore the dark crust but do leave the bread to cool before cutting!!. I do use a little more yeast than the recipes suggest. Wholemeal bread comes out very nice too. I was disappointed by the seeded loaf that I tried- it didn't work at all

Karabar Medium Hard Sided Suitcase - 3 Years Warranty! (Black)
Karabar Medium Hard Sided Suitcase - 3 Years Warranty! (Black)
Offered by Karabars UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the size I expected, 4 May 2014
I thought I had ordered a large case but when it arrived it was only cabin size. It was expensive given the size. Otherwise the quality and the finish seems good

HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far!, 4 May 2014
We got this printer to replace a cheaper HP printer that had horrendous software/operation issues. I am pleased to report I haven't had any problems with this one so far... apart from being unable to configure Eprint for my iphone and ipad because the setup wizard crashed. However that's not a great issue.

I have printed photos and double-sided documents without problem and am happy with the quality. I think the printer is faster and quieter than my old model and I think ink usage is better. Overall I'm impressed so far!

Fiskars Classic - Left-Handed General Purpose Scissors - 21cm ITEM 9850
Fiskars Classic - Left-Handed General Purpose Scissors - 21cm ITEM 9850
Offered by Pinetrees Trading Ltd U.K.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite scissors for dressmaking., 15 Sep 2013
I love Friskars scissors. They are well balanced and weighted and sit in the hand nicely. The blades meet each other and pass smoothly and the grips are gentle on the thumb and fingers.

The only things that I don't like are the price and get ruined for dressmaking too quickly if used for cutting paper and cardboard!

Fackelmann Nirosta 48145 Scissors 21 cm for Left-Handed Users
Fackelmann Nirosta 48145 Scissors 21 cm for Left-Handed Users

3.0 out of 5 stars A good alternative to Friskars Left handed scissors, 15 Sep 2013
I bought these scissors to use for dressmaking because they were substantially cheaper than the more expensive Friskars which I always use and like, and a I was curios. The lower value and quality is evident in the lighter weight, the finish and quality of the plastic handles and the reduced smoothness when cutting fabric. Also, the thumbhole made the base of my thumb sore because The hole isn't wasn't round enough.

That being said, the scissors meet and cut well. the blades pass each other smoothly and the scissors are well balanced.

AQUA SPHERE Vista Mask Goggles, Tinted Lens/Deep Blue Frame
AQUA SPHERE Vista Mask Goggles, Tinted Lens/Deep Blue Frame
Offered by Trifid Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good swimming mask, 23 Jun 2013
I had an earlier version of this mask and this one is a distinct improvement. I love the tint on the lenses and its very easy to adjust using the straps. The seal on my face is as good as my scuba diving mask...so good the sometimes I forget which one I'm wearing :-)

Sony MEX-BT3900U Bluetooth USB CD/Mp3 Car Stereo (Radio Tuner,Front Aux Input) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement car radio., 23 Jun 2013
I bought this to replace the radio/ sat nav in my husbands car. There's quite a lot to set up and the manual is a must- read! It was easy to install and easy to set up. Sadly it doesn't work off the steering wheel controls and it has no way to attach to the changer but my husband is pleased with it.

Little Tikes Handle Haulers Haul N Ride
Little Tikes Handle Haulers Haul N Ride

5.0 out of 5 stars 1yr old grandson loves it, 23 Jun 2013
A super choice. Gave it to our crawling grandson for his first birthday. He pulls himself up using the handle, gets on and off it without help. It seems sturdy and well made

VTech Sing and Splash Fish
VTech Sing and Splash Fish
Offered by Inspiration Toys

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing..., 5 April 2013
bought it for my grandson at Christmas and only saw it in the bath recently. Very disappointed. The fins move but don't actually achieve anything they don't seem to splash at all! The singing is barely audible and the way its put together with screws doesn't give you confidence that the fish is waterproof and therefore suitable for the bath. Personally I would question whether the description of the sing and splash fish contravenes the Trades Description Act...

Steam Train : Money Box with Secret Lock : Handcrafted Wood : Top Christmas Gift Idea : High Quality Traditional Xmas Present For Boys, For Girls, For Him, For Her, For Children & For Fun Loving Adults! 4 Designs (Size 17x13x5cm)
Offered by All My Gift Ideas

4.0 out of 5 stars Good robust money box, 1 Jan 2013
I like it and so did my 2yr old grandson. It looks robust and the secret lock is not immediately obvious. My only concern, is the wheels that are glued on circles of wood. These look sturdy but I suspect they might suffer over the years.

Page: 1 | 2