Profile for D. Marrs > Reviews

Content by D. Marrs

D. Marrs "Little Planet Marrs" (Cape Town)

59 Seconds: Think a little, change a lot
59 Seconds: Think a little, change a lot
by Richard Wiseman
Price: 6.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Snack sized facts., 23 Jun 2010
If you're anything like me, when it comes to reading self-help, psychology or any books for that matter, I like to pick at it in parts. This book does just what I enjoy, with interesting facts, practical tips and it's an easy read. So if you fancy a fresh, bite sized self-help read... click buy now.

The Sartorialist
The Sartorialist
by Scott Schuman
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars On the 100th view, it all seems new to me again!, 5 Nov 2009
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
Being far from a model, but in love with all that's original and aesthetic, it's no surprise that The Sartorialist blog would be something I follow daily. So getting the book... is as much a need as the air I breath.

With Scott's eye for detail, the unconventional and the beautiful, one gets lost in History in the making, he is capturing style that's defined by the individual on the street and not by Big Brands. Get lost in a time that we are living right now!

So it might not be as large a book, as I though, but the size is perfect for the portraits that are neatly packed in this little number.

Let the images inspire your inner style, design or resurrect your desire to be you!
Now what to wear?

Everything I've Got In My Pocket
Everything I've Got In My Pocket
Price: 8.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Minnie Driver, A true Singer and Song writer!, 12 Aug 2009
I am really impressed and cannot tell you how many times I inform friends about this CD. Not only did I hear Minnie Driver about two years ago, but I never forgot the amazing words in her songs. In searching for this CD, in South Africa... with no luck, I bought it online and would highly recommend this artistic piece of music! WONDERFULLY written, unique in sound a piece for my collection.