Profile for TONI > Reviews

Content by TONI

TONI "AB" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Jarrow Methylcobalamin B12, 1000mcg, 100 Lemon Flavour Vegan Lozenges (1000mcg, 100 Lemon Flavour Vegan Lozenges)
Offered by Nature's Remedies

4.0 out of 5 stars They work, 8 April 2016
These definitely work. However, the tablet though not huge is large and not something you long to take. It's texture is a little chalky and the flavour inconsistent through the tablet. It does however work and quite rapidly. I noticed a change and blood tests confirmed this.

Efficacy is the most important thing, otherwise there is no point in taking the supplement. So on that basis I give this four stars. For the texture, and taste I knock a star.

Oxford Vitality - MSM Powder
Oxford Vitality - MSM Powder

2.0 out of 5 stars Use with caution, 8 April 2016
I got a strong reaction when I took this powder. I felt I was wired and on edge. I telephoned the company and they said it could be I took too much. I expect this is true. However, I was so put off by the reaction I couldn't face trying it again.

I advise anyone buying this, and it is excellent value for money, that they take less than a quarter of a teaspoon. This is because if you're used to capsules, they contain very little msm and a lot of fillers. This meanwhile is the pure stuff so you need a miniscule amount. You then build it up slowly as you begin tolerating it.

Machine Washable Red Black Heavy Quality Non Slip Hard Wearing Barrier Mat. Available in 8 sizes (120cm x 180cm)
Offered by AHOC Orders Dispatched Within 24 Hrs

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the job required, 8 April 2016
This does the job, which is to protect my tiled kitchen floor and provide some warmth for my feet.

The material is very thin, both the rubber and the carpet part. More than previous mats I've bought. However, each year products are being made ever thinner and insubstantial.

There isn't much more to write about a mat.

Pinhole Glasses Hyperopia Myopia Eye Vision Improving
Pinhole Glasses Hyperopia Myopia Eye Vision Improving

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 8 April 2016
These feel very poor quality and do not sit well. So you cannot get the desired results for your eyes. I don't recommend this product.

Aiho Chargeable Essential Oil Diffuser with Auto 7 Color Changing Light, Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Silent Operation Auto Off Timer(AD-P2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 8 April 2016
Very impressed with this product for the reasons already sited in the many reviews. The best thing is its portability and that it comes with a rechargeable battery already inside. I can move it easily into the kitchen and it helps with cooking smells. I could also leave it in the car to freshen things up. The size is good, as it can hold enough water for several hours. The one down side is that you need to lift it carefully and with two hands. This is because the top part has nothing to lock it to the base, so it sits loosely.

The light change function on the first purchase didn't work properly and I was sent a replacement. This one seems to work fine. The lights are pleasant but rather unnatural colours.

Overall this seems to give the best all round spec for a reasonable price. I recommend it.

Vitamin B12 Methylcobalamin 1000mcg 180 Tablets (6 Month's Supply) by Nu U Nutrition
Offered by Nu U Nutrition

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Taste, 7 April 2016
I was offered this free of charge by the company with no pressure to write a review. I am however given a code to claim another free product if I write a review. So there is a bit of a catch.

Regardless of the above I tend to write reviews because I like to share my experience. And it is how I also select products. So here is mine.

The tablets are quite small and taste of forest fruits. I really like the taste, which is not incidental, because it motivates me to take them. I don't usually buy flavoured tablets so these are new for me. Compared to other B12 tablets I've taken, these are so easy to take. I can't comment on the efficacy because I'm not too low on B12 and I've only had these a few days. I do feel they work, though cannot be sure without blood tests. The only reason for knocking a star is I don't know about efficacy.

Overall I'm happy with this product, there aren't many B12's on the market and this being UK made is a good choice.

Lightweight Cabin Approved Wheeled Hand Luggage Trolley Travel Bag BLACK
Lightweight Cabin Approved Wheeled Hand Luggage Trolley Travel Bag BLACK
Offered by more4bagz

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Function Poor Appearance, 1 April 2016
This is better than expected, because the wheels are very good surprisingly. They effortlessly roll on pavements, roads, uneven surfaces. The lightweight material allows your contents to be the main weight not the bag. However, the lightweight material may protrude if full and affect the way the bag stands or wheeled about. The colour is very unattractive, a strange dark lilac. The material looks poor quality and the bag looks and feels embarrassingly tacky. The material doesn't have a neat appearance because it is floppy and cheap feeling. The aesthetics department ruins this bag. But its functionality is good, and the two handles at the top and side are very useful. I guess the black may look better, but I foolishly emailed asking the colour be changed. So my fault. I recommend it for an overnight/ weekends especially involving trains or other public transport.

Natural Handmade Shampoo Bar
Natural Handmade Shampoo Bar

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Product and Dodgy Service, 1 April 2016
I wanted this shampoo to work, big time because of the natural ingredients. However after trying it three times I despaired that anyone could make this product.
It lathers well so you feel your getting a good shampoo. But when you rinse it out the hair feels tacky as though you've put wax on it. As wax and water don't mix, its not a nice feeling.
When you dry your hair that tacky/ waxy feeling stays. The hair is not shiny but dull and flat. It doesn't feel like my hair but as though it is coated.

I was so shocked by the results I telephoned the company. I wanted to know why the shampoo was having this effect. The owner, and its a company of two people had little to say other than 'I don't know', this was his reply to every question. If you are a small company making a supposedly 'friendly soap' surely you should have something more pertinent to say. He told me he would refund me, whilst I was happy to go via Amazon he asked me for my bank account details and told me he would refund me in a few minutes. He further asked me to check my account in an hour to make sure it had gone through. He seemed sincere and I didn't check my account straight away, I waited for my statement. When I got my statement, I'd not received a refund.
So I telephoned again and this time spoke to a different person, the first was 'on holiday'. I explained I didn't get the refund and he said Rob would call me back. When I didn't hear anything I called again and gave my bank account details again, assuming it would go through.
The following day I got a call saying Rob had credited my paypal account three weeks ago. As I do not have a paypal account, I found this quite remarkable. I also find it odd that he'd ask for bank details, if he was then going to refund an imaginary paypal account. The chap kept saying I'd been refunded to my paypal account. Despite reasonably explaining all that had gone on, he just wouldn't hear what I was saying. He said that if he refunded me they'd have to chase me up because they'd refunded me twice. He seemed either unintelligent or wilfully deceitful.

The service proved to be really shocking, first to claim not to know anything about a product; which your marketing would suggest you are soooo proud off. To lie and say you are refunding when you don't. And to take bank details which you could misuse. I don't have confidence in the company or the product. I would not recommend them. I am disappointed by the experience because I wanted to find a natural bar shampoo. There are far better companies out there I am sure.

New 16PC Watch Repair Tools Kit
New 16PC Watch Repair Tools Kit
Offered by EAZY BREATHE

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 26 Mar. 2016
The tools are totally inadequate for any watch repair. Flimsy yet blunt they cannot tackle simplest operation because there is no precision.
No instructions and generally bad service from seller.

Probiotics 180 Capsules (6 month supply) by Nu U Nutrition
Probiotics 180 Capsules (6 month supply) by Nu U Nutrition
Offered by Nu U Nutrition

2.0 out of 5 stars Bloating and failed milk test, 29 Jan. 2016
I purchased these after reading all the reviews, they seemed a good price and I got confidence from the guarantee. I gave this purchase a lot of thought because I am very sceptical of supplements from Amazon!

I got bloating as soon as I started taking these which never went. After a week the seller emailed requesting feedback, I told them I wanted to give it ample time to work before I left a review. Like others mentioned they also offered some free Vitamin B tablets. It wasn't made clear how these could be claimed though, and I got no reply when I asked for clarification. I also asked them for the ingredients and they listed the bacterium. Bacteria is not a standalone ingredient because it doesn't exist in an isolated state. Other companies provide the ingredient e.g. whey, within which the bacteria is. However this company doesn't. This was a bit of an alarm bell.

I was not feeling better whilst taking these, about 2.5 weeks, so I decided to do the 'MILK TEST'. I put some milk in two glass jars. In one jar I emptied one capsule and left the other jar as a control. After 24 hours, there was no change in either jar. If the bacteria are alive they are supposed to show activity i.e. feeding on the lactose and creating solids/ curdling. But the milk was unchanged. I decided to leave it a day longer in case it needed more time. I then decided to put a tiny amount of sauerkraut in the control jar of milk. Within 12 hours the milk in the sauerkraut jar had solidified and looked like freshly made yoghurt. Meanwhile the milk in which I put the probiotic capsule was unchanged. I also tasted them and it had a slight sweet followed by bitter taste. This test was done in good faith and I wanted the probiotic to work. However, as far as I can tell it doesn't. At best there is something in it because the milk didn't seem to go off. But I don't think its enough to do you any good. I am delighted by the sauerkraut, because it confirms its alive and active. As I made it at home it is a more reliable, cheaper and safer way to get my good bacteria.

In all I would say do not trust all the reviews. I believe this product probably contains whey powder or some other very cheap ingredient. It is then made up into capsules, again cheaply and sold at a very high price because probio's are the latest fad. So save your money and find an alternative.

The guarantee is easy to understand because a bottle probably costs less than a quid to make. I'm sorry this isn't what the company would like to read but it is my honest opinion expressed in good faith to help other people.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2016 6:06 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10