Profile for Ashley > Reviews

Ashley

Page: 1 | 2
DIGIFLEX Adjustable Humane Strong Material Dog Muzzle Small
DIGIFLEX Adjustable Humane Strong Material Dog Muzzle Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description. Not safe for a dog out on a run or walk., 13 Dec 2014
The description for this muzzle needs to clearly indicate that it is not safe to put this on a dog that a) bites, b) is going for a run/walk.

The dog can still pinch using this muzzle. More still, it prevents a dog from panting, the way that a dog lets off excess body heat. If the dog is running and not able to pant, it can overheat and potentially die.

This muzzle might be appropriate for clipping/grooming, but a basket muzzle is needed for going out. Baskerville do very good basket muzzles for decent prices. I got another brand for my dog at the Range.

As a new dog fosterer, I can confidently say that this product description is inadequate with regard to safety information and does not describe the safe usage of this muzzle.

Valupak 10 mg Zinc Gluconate Tablets - Pack of 60 Tablets
Valupak 10 mg Zinc Gluconate Tablets - Pack of 60 Tablets
Offered by Gees Pharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective., 5 Aug 2014
These tabs have helped me overcome a zinc deficiency and while they don't contain zinc gluconate, rather zinc citrate, citrate is an acceptable form for supplementation and so I'm not bothered by the discrepancy.

Really well-priced vitamin compared to others and a good addition to a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Vertese 500mg Omega Oils 3.6.9 60 Vegetable Capsules
Vertese 500mg Omega Oils 3.6.9 60 Vegetable Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 5 Aug 2014
These capsules go down well and don't cause any side effects, i.e. belching. No aftertaste (as it's not fish oil) and does what it says on the tin.

So far I haven't noticed any improvements or differences in my own health using these, but hopefully they will help my OH in the way of joint pain and keep us both mentally alert for our studies.

I've popped one open and it definitely contains pumpkin and flaxseed oil judging by the taste/smell. It all seems fresh and well-made. Continuing my subscription.

Ecoforce 48 Strong Hurricane Force Grip Clothes Pegs made of Recycled Plastic (2 packs of 24)
Offered by Trading Reliably

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre performance after 10-15 uses., 5 Aug 2014
After a few uses, many of these don't stay on the line anymore on the bigger of the two settings for the clips and have to be used with the smaller clamp at the top of the clip, leaving more clothespin pinch-marks on the clothes.
They stay clean and don't fade in the sun, and they don't get mouldy if allowed to get wet.

All in all, they're okay for what they do, but I am not sure I would buy them again.

Ecozone Dishwasher Tablets x 25 (Pack of 2, Total 50 Tablets)
Ecozone Dishwasher Tablets x 25 (Pack of 2, Total 50 Tablets)
Offered by Activecare Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay., 5 Aug 2014
These tablets get the dishes pretty clean, but leave a powdery residue behind and do little for the glasses, which are typically left with blotches of chalky residue in addition to a fine powder and frequently have to be washed again by hand.

Yaoh Organic Hemp Based Sunblock spf 30 - 240ml
Yaoh Organic Hemp Based Sunblock spf 30 - 240ml
Offered by Discount Vitamins and Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sunblock - squeeze with caution., 5 Aug 2014
I haven't tested this yet in really extreme sunshine, but have used it on a sunny day and have had no redness or burning whatsoever on very fair and sensitive skin.

The cream comes out of the bottle a lot faster than other bottles, so you have to be a bit careful not to get too much out. It's not thin or runny and rubs in really well, not leaving skin shiny like other more natural brands. It hasn't irritated my skin so far and it smells great, somewhat like coconut without being overpowering.

All in all, a great product so far.

340ml 12oz glass hi ball tumblers set of 6.
340ml 12oz glass hi ball tumblers set of 6.
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, 14 Jun 2014
These glasses are really good value for money (6/2014). They seem to be a plastic/glass mix, which I wasn't expecting, but they don't break easily. They are a bit tough to wash because they are rather slim, but if you have a wooden spoon handle to press the sponge into the glass, or a glass cleaner, then it's fine.

Overall these have been a good purchase. They clean up well, don't break, and are a decent size for any soft or long-drink.

Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Physics Revision Guide (with online edition)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy revision guide, 14 Jun 2014
This guide was invaluable for quick revision before my exam. It provides the main points in vivid colour, which keeps things interesting and colour coded when you have been staring at pages for some time.

If you have studied well throughout the year and learned the concepts well, this guide is a great way to provide all the important info for your exam in a short space of time. I finished it in three sessions of about 1.5-2 hours each, and repeated it before I sat the next exam. It separates the extra info necessary for paper 2, so you don't study what you don't need before paper 1.

Overall, it's a concise, convenient guide for revision before the exam and provides you with all that you need to know for your IGCSE exam.

Hikari Medium Sweet White Miso Paste 400g
Hikari Medium Sweet White Miso Paste 400g
Offered by We Luv Shopping

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely miso paste., 15 Feb 2014
This paste has performed very well so far, making incredible miso soups and sauces which are just as good as in any restaurant. I cannot read any of the packaging, so I am not sure if it's GM or not... I can only assume that it isn't as GM is typically labeled in UK.

My only complaint is about the expiration date being only 3 months after the delivery date. Typically I would expect miso to have a longer shelf life. This is not a comment on the quality of the product, however, and so I won't deduct any 'stars' from my review.

OXY Stain Remover Powder 1Kg
OXY Stain Remover Powder 1Kg

3.0 out of 5 stars No noticeable difference., 15 Feb 2014
I have been using this product as directed for about two weeks now after not using any laundry booster before. It hasn't worked for stain removing so far, as I soaked some stained whites for 6 hours as directed. This isn't to say that it doesn't work, but it hasn't worked for me so far. My clothes don't appear any cleaner or brighter when coming out of the wash. I hadn't used any sort of stain remover or oxy stain remover before, and I had great expectations.

It has worked for removing stains such as blood in the wash, but not water-based ink or any other stains.

Perhaps it keeps clothes brighter and whiter over the life of the clothing, but so far in the short term, it hasn't done much.

Add to that the price increase of nearly £2 over the past two weeks since I have received it, and I am inclined to cancel my subscription.

Page: 1 | 2