Profile for Ashley > Reviews

Content by Ashley

Ashley

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Salt Tablets and Electrolytes for Runners and Cyclists - #1 Rated Salt Pills (120 Count) Electrolyte Tablets on Amazon - Eliminate Muscle Cramps with these Fast Working Salt Caps.
Offered by Elite sportz equipment

5.0 out of 5 stars No cramps, no tiredness in legs during first marathon., 8 May 2016
These absolutely got me through a marathon cramp-free. Took a few an hour beforehand and two every hour during the race without a single hint of cramp. The effect was remarkable - my legs never tired once during the race when they had previously started to tire around mile 12-15. I cannot say that the capsules ran the race for me (hopefully my training and dedication had a role to play in that), but they did a lot to keep me going strong.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2016 6:07 PM BST

The Mimic
The Mimic
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, witty, British, 8 May 2016
This review is from: The Mimic (Amazon Video)
This is a charmingly funny series, chock full of British humour and some half-decent impressions to boot. I look forward to more episodes, if there are to be any.

Brooks Women's Ravenna 6 Running Shoes Blue Size: 5
Brooks Women's Ravenna 6 Running Shoes Blue Size: 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitted professionally and re-ordering. Great for my smaller, boxy foot with high-impact activity levels., 4 May 2016
These shoes are great. I had them fitted in a running shop, and they are perfectly suited to both long distance running and indoor circuit training. They have the right amount of cushioning for my activity levels.

The shoes are well-suited to a boxier foot, leaving room for a wider foot to remain comfortable, and a bony ankle joint, with a low scooped ankle which lifts back up at the heel to offer support without rubbing the back of the ankle.

For me, the shoes achieve a glove-like foot. I wore them during the London Marathon and never once had to spare a thought for my shoes, and I finished with only one very small blister.

For the above reasons, I've ordered another pair online to replace the first when they eventually are worn out.

I would certainly recommend getting the right fit in the shoe shop the first time, and re-ordering your preferred shoe when you're sure you have achieved the right fit.

IceFox Universal Sport armband for any cell phone which Screen less than 5 inch,including iphone 6/5/5s/5c/4s/4,samsung S5/S4/S3,ipod touch---Water Resistant, Sweat Proof, Fully Adjustable---with Key& Small Money pocket (screen less than 5 inch, pink)
Offered by vivocom

4.0 out of 5 stars Skinny arms are no problem., 8 Jan. 2016
This works very well for someone with small arms as it is readily adjustable. None of the 'adult' size armbands fit any part of my very adult arm in the shops, so I went with this one. It is slightly clunky but it does the job well, protecting phone, cash and keys from damage. It has kept them dry in light rain, although I haven't taken it out when it's been raining hard.

A good investment at a good price.

AUDI A8 1994 - 2002 TAILORED CAR FLOOR MATS (DELUXE) (Beige)
AUDI A8 1994 - 2002 TAILORED CAR FLOOR MATS (DELUXE) (Beige)
Offered by Need 4 Mods

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not fit our 1999 A8., 8 Jan. 2016
I purchased these for a 1999 Audi A8 and they simply did not fit. I waited too long to return them, so they sit, in a bag, unused. A shame as they are meant to fit A8's from '94-2002.

Steve Madden Amandaa, Women's Chelsea Boots
Steve Madden Amandaa, Women's Chelsea Boots
Price: £44.00 - £69.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking synthetic-leather heeled boots., 8 Jan. 2016
These boots arrived next-day with Prime and fit as expected. They are not very wide, so if you have medium-wide feet like I do they will fit snugly. The red boots are described as 'synthetic' on the box, not as leather, which is good as I had seen these previous in-store described as 'synthetic' and was confused by the leather label on the Amazon listing.
The boots are fairly comfortable to stand/walk in, although after about 15 minutes of standing without a break I began to get foot cramps. This may be because I don't often wear high heels, and these would definitely take some getting used to.
The zipper on the right shoe is very tough to zip/unzip - I am waiting to see if this get better with time.

Overall a great buy - the shoe looks great, and adds a good three inces to my height when I need it.

Action Day Academic Weekly Planner 2015-2016 - Size 8x11 - Layout Designed to Get Things Done - (Student Planner (+) Teachers Planner (+) Academic Diary (+) Daily Calendar (+) Day Planner (+) Weekly Diary (+) Monthly Planner (+) Goals Journal (+) Meeting notes)

4.0 out of 5 stars All too helpful in organising a busy schedule., 9 July 2015
This diary is just what anyone needs who has a number of projects, meetings and teamwork to deal with on a daily basis.

There is some philopshical text at the beginning which one can choose to read or ignore. It was mildly helpful and explained one method of using the diary. It wasn't expected and it isn't my favourite feature.

The contact section is only one two-page spread, which might be too little for some people's important contacts.

A4 size is perfect as it allows one to visualise the week without it feeling crammed together. It fits well alongside other notebooks.

Two bookmark ribbons have also proved helpful as one can mark the date as well as any important parts which one might wish to view frequently.

£18 is pretty steep, and there are a couple of slight weaknesses in the system, mentioned above, so 4*.

Hurraw Sun Protection Lip Balm 4.3g, Tangerine Chamomile (4.3g, Tangerine Chamomile)
Offered by BIGFLY UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant Paired with Protection., 9 July 2015
This lip balm was purchased to afford my lips some vegan-friendly protection, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of it beyond its sun-protective qualities.

It has a very pleasant, mild aroma and doesn't make lips feel coated or weighed-down. Its protection duration must depend on how much one eats or drinks after applying it, but in any case it didn't leave an unattractive white line of goop on my inner lip after a couple of hours like previous balms have; it just faded off nicely.

I look forward to using this daily to protect my lips.

One star less than stellar due to the hefty price tag. Close to £6 is nearly as much as a whole bottle of organic hemp seed oil sunblock and I'm much more likely to lose this!

Keep it Vegan: 100 simple, healthy & delicious dishes
Keep it Vegan: 100 simple, healthy & delicious dishes
by Áine Carlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple book, consistent results., 24 Jun. 2015
I use this book several times weekly, and the results are generally very good. Occasionally I must adjust the spice to my taste, but that's to be expected as preference varies.

Written for UK in metric units, so the ingredients are accessible in UK supermarkets and easy to measure to UK standards, which is helpful.

The recipes are generally quite simple and creative, taking a new take on old classics like lasagna and bruschetta.

I recommend this to any of my friends who are interested in a bit of vegan cooking, UK style.

Mikki Grooming Rubber Glove for Short/ Medium Coats
Mikki Grooming Rubber Glove for Short/ Medium Coats
Offered by Livy Furniture & Pets

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, cleans up well., 24 Jun. 2015
This brush glove worked very well on a black, short-haired dog for removing excess hair. She didn't mind being stroked with it and it did a good job removing the hair and cleaned up well. I would purchase again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3