Profile for Ashley > Reviews

Content by Ashley

Ashley

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Action Day Academic Weekly Planner 2015-2016 - Size 8x11 - Layout Designed to Get Things Done - (Student Planner (+) Teachers Planner (+) Academic Diary (+) Daily Calendar (+) Day Planner (+) Weekly Diary (+) Monthly Planner (+) Goals Journal (+) Meeting notes)
Offered by Action Day Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars All too helpful in organising a busy schedule., 9 July 2015
This diary is just what anyone needs who has a number of projects, meetings and teamwork to deal with on a daily basis.

There is some philopshical text at the beginning which one can choose to read or ignore. It was mildly helpful and explained one method of using the diary. It wasn't expected and it isn't my favourite feature.

The contact section is only one two-page spread, which might be too little for some people's important contacts.

A4 size is perfect as it allows one to visualise the week without it feeling crammed together. It fits well alongside other notebooks.

Two bookmark ribbons have also proved helpful as one can mark the date as well as any important parts which one might wish to view frequently.

£18 is pretty steep, and there are a couple of slight weaknesses in the system, mentioned above, so 4*.

Hurraw Sun Protection Lip Balm 4.3g, Tangerine Chamomile (4.3g, Tangerine Chamomile)
Offered by CyberMan

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant Paired with Protection., 9 July 2015
This lip balm was purchased to afford my lips some vegan-friendly protection, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of it beyond its sun-protective qualities.

It has a very pleasant, mild aroma and doesn't make lips feel coated or weighed-down. Its protection duration must depend on how much one eats or drinks after applying it, but in any case it didn't leave an unattractive white line of goop on my inner lip after a couple of hours like previous balms have; it just faded off nicely.

I look forward to using this daily to protect my lips.

One star less than stellar due to the hefty price tag. Close to £6 is nearly as much as a whole bottle of organic hemp seed oil sunblock and I'm much more likely to lose this!

Keep it Vegan: 100 simple, healthy & delicious dishes
Keep it Vegan: 100 simple, healthy & delicious dishes
by Áine Carlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple book, consistent results., 24 Jun. 2015
I use this book several times weekly, and the results are generally very good. Occasionally I must adjust the spice to my taste, but that's to be expected as preference varies.

Written for UK in metric units, so the ingredients are accessible in UK supermarkets and easy to measure to UK standards, which is helpful.

The recipes are generally quite simple and creative, taking a new take on old classics like lasagna and bruschetta.

I recommend this to any of my friends who are interested in a bit of vegan cooking, UK style.

Mikki Grooming Rubber Glove for Short/ Medium Coats
Mikki Grooming Rubber Glove for Short/ Medium Coats

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, cleans up well., 24 Jun. 2015
This brush glove worked very well on a black, short-haired dog for removing excess hair. She didn't mind being stroked with it and it did a good job removing the hair and cleaned up well. I would purchase again.

The Age of Gold: The battle of the great detectives
The Age of Gold: The battle of the great detectives

2.0 out of 5 stars Yawn., 24 Jun. 2015
This book dragged on forever, it was like having my fingernails removed without anesthetic.

About one-third of the way through, I was really tired of the book and just wanted it to be over, to find out who was behind it all, and be done. There was little to grip the reader, and it was just a lot longer than it needed to be, as there wasn't much of a story between the covers.

The Kindle version was fine in its formatting, usage, etc.

The Groovy Art - Eagle Bird Painting - Mens T-Shirt - Black X-Large
The Groovy Art - Eagle Bird Painting - Mens T-Shirt - Black X-Large
Offered by The Groovy Funk

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality graphic on shirt, well-sized., 24 Jun. 2015
My father-in-law liked this a lot as a Christmas gift. The graphic was still large enough even on an XL T-shirt, which was better than what I had expected.

The graphic is really lovely, and the spectrum of colours in the background gives it something special.

1 x 5/6 mm Unique Nib White Liquid Chalk Marker Pen UK Perfect for Non Porous Chalkboards/Blackboards Crafts Glass
Offered by Button Craft UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fairly well, tip wears down quickly., 24 Jun. 2015
Works fairly well, but the tip quickly became worn and no longer wrote in a bold stroke, rather a streaky stroke.

I haven't had any issues with it not flowing well, just that when you press the tip down it results in the fast wearing mentioned above.

Suma Organic Sundried Tomatoes 1 kg
Suma Organic Sundried Tomatoes 1 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality dried tomatoes., 24 Jun. 2015
Have ordered this several times without any issue. The tomatoes rehydrate fairly well in hot water, but can be quite salty; of course, they are dried and preserved with salt, so one can't complain too loudly about that!

panache Women's Full Cup Plain Sports Bra, Black, Size: 30F
panache Women's Full Cup Plain Sports Bra, Black, Size: 30F

4.0 out of 5 stars Repeat purchase - fantastic for large chest/small band, 16 April 2015
This is my second Panache sports bra in this style and again I am impressed by the fit and quality.

Unlike other sports bras for larger busts, this bra has individual cups and underwire to support and not to squash, preventing the "brick" which actually turns a chest into a bouncing weight straining the tendons that hold the breasts up, ultimately defeating the purpose.

This bra arrived in good time and it fit perfectly, despite me recalculating the band size (one band size up to one cup size down) as my old panache sports bra was a bit too snug for me and occasionally made breathing a chore when really pushing the cardio. The 30 band fits perfectly and I haven't lost any support for it. It covers my chest fully and I don't have any bubbling, apart from a small bit of "side boob" which is evident for me in any bra. This bra goes fairly far up the sides and offers good side coverage, keeping any side exposure to a minimum.

I used the bra this morning for the first time at an intensive training circuit and I am pleased to say that my bra was the last thing on my mind. It wasn't too snug around the band, and I didn't think once on my chest bouncing around nor being squashed.

The one gripe I have about the bra is the racerback conversion - a common complaint. It just doesn't work the way it should and digs into the shoulders and neck area so much that it makes my shoulders alternately numb and on fire. That being said, the straps are relatively long and making them any longer to accommodate the racerback style would be a challenge. I just wear it with short straps on the shoulders and don't worry that someone might see my bra - it blends right in and doesn't look like the medical sports bras of the past for those with larger chests.

Overall I can't recommend this bra enough for anyone struggling with the issue of a heavy chest keeping them from exercising to the fullest.

365 Days in the Met 2015 Wall Calendar
365 Days in the Met 2015 Wall Calendar
by of
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A good way to work some art history into my daily routine., 6 Mar. 2015
This calendar has been a fabulous addition to our home. The photos are high-quality and each month has a unique theme. March is 20th-century design and every day I look forward to having a closer look at the photos and the designers/dates, and the larger analysis at the top makes for good reading as well without being taxing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3