Profile for Ashley > Reviews

Ashley

Page: 1 | 2
panache Women's Full Cup Plain Sports Bra, Black, Size: 30F
panache Women's Full Cup Plain Sports Bra, Black, Size: 30F

4.0 out of 5 stars Repeat purchase - fantastic for large chest/small band, 16 April 2015
This is my second Panache sports bra in this style and again I am impressed by the fit and quality.

Unlike other sports bras for larger busts, this bra has individual cups and underwire to support and not to squash, preventing the "brick" which actually turns a chest into a bouncing weight straining the tendons that hold the breasts up, ultimately defeating the purpose.

This bra arrived in good time and it fit perfectly, despite me recalculating the band size (one band size up to one cup size down) as my old panache sports bra was a bit too snug for me and occasionally made breathing a chore when really pushing the cardio. The 30 band fits perfectly and I haven't lost any support for it. It covers my chest fully and I don't have any bubbling, apart from a small bit of "side boob" which is evident for me in any bra. This bra goes fairly far up the sides and offers good side coverage, keeping any side exposure to a minimum.

I used the bra this morning for the first time at an intensive training circuit and I am pleased to say that my bra was the last thing on my mind. It wasn't too snug around the band, and I didn't think once on my chest bouncing around nor being squashed.

The one gripe I have about the bra is the racerback conversion - a common complaint. It just doesn't work the way it should and digs into the shoulders and neck area so much that it makes my shoulders alternately numb and on fire. That being said, the straps are relatively long and making them any longer to accommodate the racerback style would be a challenge. I just wear it with short straps on the shoulders and don't worry that someone might see my bra - it blends right in and doesn't look like the medical sports bras of the past for those with larger chests.

Overall I can't recommend this bra enough for anyone struggling with the issue of a heavy chest keeping them from exercising to the fullest.

365 Days in the Met 2015 Wall Calendar
365 Days in the Met 2015 Wall Calendar
by of
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars A good way to work some art history into my daily routine., 6 Mar. 2015
This calendar has been a fabulous addition to our home. The photos are high-quality and each month has a unique theme. March is 20th-century design and every day I look forward to having a closer look at the photos and the designers/dates, and the larger analysis at the top makes for good reading as well without being taxing.

DIGIFLEX Adjustable Humane Strong Material Dog Muzzle Small
DIGIFLEX Adjustable Humane Strong Material Dog Muzzle Small
Offered by Digiflex

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description. Not safe for a dog out on a run or walk., 13 Dec. 2014
The description for this muzzle needs to clearly indicate that it is not safe to put this on a dog that a) bites, b) is going for a run/walk.

The dog can still pinch using this muzzle. More still, it prevents a dog from panting, the way that a dog lets off excess body heat. If the dog is running and not able to pant, it can overheat and potentially die.

This muzzle might be appropriate for clipping/grooming, but a basket muzzle is needed for going out. Baskerville do very good basket muzzles for decent prices. I got another brand for my dog at the Range.

As a new dog fosterer, I can confidently say that this product description is inadequate with regard to safety information and does not describe the safe usage of this muzzle.

Valupak 10 mg Zinc Gluconate Tablets - Pack of 60 Tablets
Valupak 10 mg Zinc Gluconate Tablets - Pack of 60 Tablets
Offered by Activecare Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective., 5 Aug. 2014
These tabs have helped me overcome a zinc deficiency and while they don't contain zinc gluconate, rather zinc citrate, citrate is an acceptable form for supplementation and so I'm not bothered by the discrepancy.

Really well-priced vitamin compared to others and a good addition to a vegetarian/vegan diet.

Vertese 500mg Omega Oils 3.6.9 60 Vegetable Capsules
Vertese 500mg Omega Oils 3.6.9 60 Vegetable Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 5 Aug. 2014
These capsules go down well and don't cause any side effects, i.e. belching. No aftertaste (as it's not fish oil) and does what it says on the tin.

So far I haven't noticed any improvements or differences in my own health using these, but hopefully they will help my OH in the way of joint pain and keep us both mentally alert for our studies.

I've popped one open and it definitely contains pumpkin and flaxseed oil judging by the taste/smell. It all seems fresh and well-made. Continuing my subscription.

Ecoforce 48 Strong Hurricane Force Grip Clothes Pegs made of Recycled Plastic (2 packs of 24)
Offered by san direct

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre performance after 10-15 uses., 5 Aug. 2014
After a few uses, many of these don't stay on the line anymore on the bigger of the two settings for the clips and have to be used with the smaller clamp at the top of the clip, leaving more clothespin pinch-marks on the clothes.
They stay clean and don't fade in the sun, and they don't get mouldy if allowed to get wet.

All in all, they're okay for what they do, but I am not sure I would buy them again.

Ecozone Dishwasher Tablets x 25 (Pack of 2, Total 50 Tablets)
Ecozone Dishwasher Tablets x 25 (Pack of 2, Total 50 Tablets)
Offered by Green My Business

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay., 5 Aug. 2014
These tablets get the dishes pretty clean, but leave a powdery residue behind and do little for the glasses, which are typically left with blotches of chalky residue in addition to a fine powder and frequently have to be washed again by hand.

Yaoh Organic Hemp Based Sunblock spf 30 - 240ml
Yaoh Organic Hemp Based Sunblock spf 30 - 240ml
Offered by Discount Vitamins and Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely sunblock - squeeze with caution., 5 Aug. 2014
I haven't tested this yet in really extreme sunshine, but have used it on a sunny day and have had no redness or burning whatsoever on very fair and sensitive skin.

The cream comes out of the bottle a lot faster than other bottles, so you have to be a bit careful not to get too much out. It's not thin or runny and rubs in really well, not leaving skin shiny like other more natural brands. It hasn't irritated my skin so far and it smells great, somewhat like coconut without being overpowering.

All in all, a great product so far.

Argon Tableware Traditional Hiball Glasses - 360ml (12.25oz) Gift Box of 6
Argon Tableware Traditional Hiball Glasses - 360ml (12.25oz) Gift Box of 6
Offered by Rinkit Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good value, 14 Jun. 2014
These glasses are really good value for money (6/2014). They seem to be a plastic/glass mix, which I wasn't expecting, but they don't break easily. They are a bit tough to wash because they are rather slim, but if you have a wooden spoon handle to press the sponge into the glass, or a glass cleaner, then it's fine.

Overall these have been a good purchase. They clean up well, don't break, and are a decent size for any soft or long-drink.

Edexcel Certificate / International GCSE Physics Revision Guide (with online edition)
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy revision guide, 14 Jun. 2014
This guide was invaluable for quick revision before my exam. It provides the main points in vivid colour, which keeps things interesting and colour coded when you have been staring at pages for some time.

If you have studied well throughout the year and learned the concepts well, this guide is a great way to provide all the important info for your exam in a short space of time. I finished it in three sessions of about 1.5-2 hours each, and repeated it before I sat the next exam. It separates the extra info necessary for paper 2, so you don't study what you don't need before paper 1.

Overall, it's a concise, convenient guide for revision before the exam and provides you with all that you need to know for your IGCSE exam.

Page: 1 | 2