Profile for Concretecow > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Forefront Cases Leather Shell Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Voyage 2014 - Black
Forefront Cases Leather Shell Case Cover for Amazon Kindle Voyage 2014 - Black
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product - Don't be fooled by the price...., 16 Jan. 2016
Looking for a case for a Kindle Voyage, the choice is not as wide as first appears. This is because many cases, on close reading are stated as not compatible, and the description of 7th generation etc. is confusing. I usually purchase original equipment, but the Kindle origami case seemed disproportionately expensive, so I decided to look for a quality alternative.

This led me to the Forefront leather shell case cover. Initially, I was reluctant due to the low price. It seemed too low for a quality product, but then, a further reduction led me to risk the money (less than 10 GBP). I was also influenced by the many favourable reviews.

On ordering, the product arrived promptly, and well packed. The overall impression was one of quality, and the product was very light - an advantage as you don't want to add weight to the kindle. The case is a very good fit, with the kindle securely retained. There is a small round cut out on the back of the case for the power button, which is accurately positioned. The smart on/off function when closing the case is another advantage. All round, this product gives excellent protection to the voyage, and the impression is that it will last, although obviously being brand new, I cannot yet comment on the longevity.

APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit
APPLE iPad Camera Connection Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Transfers photos from camera to iPad quickly and easily, 24 Dec. 2015
Great product - allows me to transfer my photos from my camera or SD memory card directly onto my ipad so I can view them on a decent screen. Using the USB adapter, you can also transfer photos from a memory stick, as long as you first put them into a folder called DCIM, or whatever the name is of the folder your camera uses to store and manage photos. Have bought several of these as presents - everyone has been happy as these adapters are very simple to use.

TTS Maglite Cree LED Bulb Upgrade Conversion for 3d 4d 5d or 6d or C Cell Torch. Uses brightest 3 watt LED
Offered by TheTorchSite

4.0 out of 5 stars Will prolong the life of your old Maglite..., 24 Dec. 2015
A big improvement over the original spec Maglite bulb, however it has given my 20 year old Maglite a new lease of life. I was going to replace it with a modern LED torch, however I decided to purchase one of these replacement LED bulbs.

On the plus side, it is very bright, giving a blue white light. It works best on the narrow beam setting. On the minus side, there is quite a big shadow disc in the middle of the wide beam, and the illumination is a lot weaker.

From a personal opinion, and for what I want the torch for, I am pleased with this purchase as it throws a long strong beam. If you have an old Maglite, it's worth trying one of these bulbs to bring it back to life, before spending £50+ on a new torch.

Nikon EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Nikon 1 V1, D800 and D7000
Nikon EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Nikon 1 V1, D800 and D7000

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Nikon Battery, 23 Dec. 2015
I bought this from Amazon despite there being other cheaper options on offer. My reasoning is that in the event of being sold a pup, I think I would have a better chance of recovering my money. I won't use cheap Lithium ion batteries due to the danger of fire during charging.

The battery arrived in original Nikon packaging stating "cell made on Japan, pack assembled in China". So far, so good. Both the box and battery have authentic hologram stickers, bearing the Nikon name and logo. The battery also has Nikon embossed on it, unlike that belonging to another reviewer on here which had Sony, so I conclude that this is a genuine Nikon battery.

It charged correctly, and the fit of the battery into the charger and camera was perfect. As I've only just purchased, I can't comment on battery life or longevity yet, but the battery is dated July 2015, so recently manufactured.

Pleased with purchase so far....
Comment Comment | Permalink

Flexivity Crutch Grip Pads / Handle Covers (Set of 2) - Select from Standard or X-Large - (Standard Size)

5.0 out of 5 stars A more comfortable ride, 14 Aug. 2015
I would recommend these to anyone having to use crutches for any length of time. Being somewhat overweight, using crutches is awkward, and I found even after two days, I had blisters and callouses starting to form on my hands. After taping jiffy foam to my crutch handles for a couple of weeks, a friend told me about the existence of these gel - grips. I ordered a pair, and how I wished I'd done so immediately.

The difference they make to reducing the pressure on your hands whilst using the crutches is amazing. So much more comfortable. They ought to be standard issue on NHS crutches, the handles of which seem to me to be a very poor design.

Make sure you order the correct size for your handles as there are different sizes. They fit really easily with Velcro straps, and are fitted in minutes. Well worth the money - even if you're only on crutches for 3 weeks. I certainly couldn't have remained mobile for the last 3 weeks without them. Only another 6 to go......

Prym 50 mm Clip Plastic Buckles, Black
Prym 50 mm Clip Plastic Buckles, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive rucksack functional again, 21 Jun. 2015
Needed this to replace the one from the waist strap of my rucksack, which broke during a hike. This one seems much more solid and durable, and was easy to fit. It works. What else can you say about a plastic clip?

Seiko 5 Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Fabric Strap SNK809K2
Offered by Southwall

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little watch, 21 Jun. 2015
I bought this watch for my son. He has very slim wrists, so very few watches either fit, or look right on his wrist. This watch, with it's small (37mm) diameter case is ideal. Even despite the lack of choice, he is very fussy about watches, but loved the military look of this one, with the minutes on the outer dial, and the hours on the inside, the sweep second hand, and the day and date display. Being a typical 14 year old, he does try to look after things, but sometimes, things just happen. So far, the solid casing of this watch has been up to the amount of "wear" it receives.

As a basic automatic watch (he didn't want batteries "one of those olden days watches please dad") it is surprisingly accurate, and nearly comparable to my automatic costing 15x the price. The water resistance is adequate, and the luminosity of the numerals makes them stand out well in the dark - even the second hand has a luminous end.

All round, a solid 4 stars - just the one lost for the slightly noisy self winding, and also the tendency of the hardlex crystal to scratch fairly easily. But great value for the price. Might even get one for myself......

Rayzor Professional Lightweight Black UV400 Sports Wrap Cricket Sunglasses, With a Windshield Blue / Green Iridium Revo Anti-Glare Lens
Offered by Sports Eyewear

5.0 out of 5 stars Grab a pair today, 21 Jun. 2015
I chanced on these Rayzor wrap around style glasses a few years back. I was cycling to work, and needed eye protection against hay fever, wind, insects etc. I bought a pair with yellow lenses as I was cycling in twilight and early morning, so didn't want dark lenses. The yellow ones really brighten the image. So much so that my son takes them for cricket when the light is bad. I still wear them, but added this pair for playing sports when sunny. I've since bought my wife and son their own to stop the nicking mine. For the price, you can't go wrong. Yes they're all plastic, but seem quite durable. Even after two years, and the TLC typical of a 14 year old, they haven't even scratched. The arms just need tightening up occasionally. Not sure they are worth the full recommended retail price but for £13 you can easily afford another pair if they get broken.

Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink
Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink

4.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Epson Ink, great results, 11 Dec. 2014
Genuine Epson ink in original packaging with hologram. I always buy this ink from Amazon direct rather than a marketplace seller, purely because others seem to have had mixed experiences, and being unsure that what they have purchased is genuine. I feel That it is unlikely that Amazon themselves would sell fake goods, but in the case of a mistake or misunderstanding, I would have more redress. Worth the extra couple of quid for peace of mind with things like this.

Genuine Epson inks I cannot fault. I mainly print photos, and the combination of this ink, the PX730 printer, good quality gloss or matte photo paper and my D7100 give superb results. The colours are bright and vibrant, and, unlike the cheaper refills, do not fade badly over a relatively short period of time.

Although in the scheme of things, the ink is relatively expensive, as with all things, you get what you pay for. Slightly better value for money would have earned the fifth star.

5S Kaizen in 90 Minutes
5S Kaizen in 90 Minutes
by Andrew Scotchmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise & practical, 17 Jun. 2014
Generally, the book is good value for just under £7.

It is quick to read, and well organised into chapters dealing with each of the 5 "S's". It's clear layout and approach makes 5S easily comprehensible to the reader, particularly those with little or no experience who I would guess are the main target audience.

The thing that lets it down, however, is that it contains a number of grammatical errors. These look like they are largely the result of spelling mistakes, or "auto correct" errors that are not picked up by spell checker because they are actual words eg. "that" instead of "than". One of Ohno's 7 wastes (waste of overproduction) is also repeated in the list on page 64.

There may be those who think I am being picky, but this is, after all, a book about quality and I would expect a higher standard of proof reading. This loses it the 5th star, but otherwise, apart from the slightly irritating errors, I would recommend this to anyone wanting a simple and practical explanation of how to implement 5S Kaizen.

Page: 1 | 2