Profile for Hamilton Stone > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White
KitchenAid K45SS Classic Stand Mixer, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this., 10 Oct. 2014
Loved this - we haven't used it as much as we would've liked but are moving soon so hope we will in our new place. Meanwhile it looks great on the worktop.

Smash - Season 1 [DVD]
Smash - Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Debra Messing

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 10 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Smash - Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I think originally this was on Sky Atlantic and we have Virgin Media so we missed the first airing. Then we saw one episode at a friends house and loved it so we bought the DVD and watched the whole series back to back one rainy Sunday.

Hozelock 2274 Square Multi Tap Connector (HOZ2274)
Hozelock 2274 Square Multi Tap Connector (HOZ2274)
Offered by Compact Compatibles

3.0 out of 5 stars Product OK but the delivery was slow, 10 Oct. 2014
Bit awkward to get on the tap but works well. The only thing I would say is I had to chase it up a few times & it took a long while to arrive.

Bosch Styline Collection Kettle TWK8631GB, Four Temperature Control Settings, White And Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum liked it when she stayed so it must be good..., 10 Oct. 2014
Really works well so far. My mum (who is a non-stop tea drinker) came and stayed and she is going to buy one.

MunkiMix Alloy Genuine Leather Pendant Necklace Silver Cross Angel Wing Adjustable Chain Men
Offered by MunkiMix Jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars good value, 10 Oct. 2014
Took a while to be delivered but great for the price !

The Hunted (The Enemy Book 6)
The Hunted (The Enemy Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Oct. 2014
I've loved all the books in this series, this one started a bit slower than the others, but once Ed and crew came back into the story it raced ahead! The ending was a real cliffhanger - can't wait for the next book !

The Lhasa Apso (Happy Healthy Pet)
The Lhasa Apso (Happy Healthy Pet)
by Carolyn Herbel

4.0 out of 5 stars Great - if you are a new Lhasa Apso owner..., 18 Feb. 2013
We bought this book because we had just acquired a Lhasa Apso puppy. I found it informative, yet between the initial Lhasa info, it had very similar care to that of the one we had recently bought when purchasing our Shih Tzu puppy and matching book!

Obviously a dog is a dog... no matter what shape or size they come in.

However, if you are a new and excited Lhasa Apso owner, I recommend this book. Even if only for the sheer, getting whipped up in a frenzy and excitement of acquiring a new Lhasa Apso puppy. As a biased owner... may I say, one of the most loyal and trustworthy of breeds.

Dissolution (The Shardlake Series)
Dissolution (The Shardlake Series)
by C. J. Sansom

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever wondered what it was like to live during the tumultuous reign of Henry VIII? Look no further..., 18 Feb. 2013
I heard of Dissolution via a friend who shares my interest in Tudor history. As with others who have reviewed the book, it has similarities to The Name Of The Rose and for me, the TV series Cadfael.

CJ Sansom is a gifted writer who obviously knows his history. The book is extremely well written and researched. I thoroughly enjoyed being transported back to a world where a hunchback sleuth, Shardlake and his young sidekick Mark, investigate a brutal murder as monasteries crumble under the might of Henry VIII's cataclysmic rule.

Deep-seated inadequacies rise within Shardlake as the prejudice he encounters along the way imbues his character with a real depth highlighting one of the biggest failings of 'humanity' - a lack of tolerance for anyone that is seen to be different.

The plot kept me guessing right up to the dramatic climax. Leaving me to ponder... Why hasn't the book been turned into a film of its own?

I would recommend Dissolution to anyone who, like me, sat at school totally entranced by the Tudor dynasty.

How to Twitter: Getting Started with 30 Daily Do-ables
How to Twitter: Getting Started with 30 Daily Do-ables

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for all Twitterholics!, 16 Feb. 2013
I first met Stacey via the world of Twitter and started her 30 Daily Doables last summer before this book was out. For anyone like me who was new to the world of marketing and social media, she was a godsend. I have now bought this book for my partner who works at a multimillion dollar international company to increase their social media presence. The advice is invaluable for anyone starting out on Twitter as a budding entrepreneur or those at the top of their game. It is easy to follow, concise and fun.

Well done Stacey!

Morning Glory: A History of British Breakfast Television
Morning Glory: A History of British Breakfast Television

4.0 out of 5 stars An informative read, 16 Feb. 2013
For anyone like me who is interested in the history of Breakfast TV, this is an excellent book.

The author has clearly done his research and there are insightful quotes from key figures in the industry including John Stapleton, Nick Owen, Nick Ross and Nicholas Witchell. I found the analysis spot on, although I do not know what Sophie Raworth has done to offend Mr Jones as I think she is great!

Page: 1 | 2