Profile for Shariananda > Reviews

A New Introduction to American Studies
A New Introduction to American Studies
by Christopher Bigsby

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Sep 2014
I use it as a reference as an American author living abroad.

The Cambridge Companion to Modern American Culture (Cambridge Companions to Culture)
by Christopher Bigsby

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it as reference., 10 Sep 2014
I use it as reference. It is good.

Back Support Belt (BLACK/MED) Unique New Quality Hi-Tech NON-SWEAT Breathable Fabric. Can be Worn Discreetly Under Clothes Next-to-Skin Safely, without Rash or Irritation. Reduces Unwanted Twisting of the Spine Without Stays to Deliver EFFECTIVE FLEXIBLE and COMFORTABLE SUPPORT without the Feeling of Being Trussed-Up. (BLACK/MED72-106cm/29-45inch)
Offered by Healthy Be Well Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars I need the support and it is snug and comfortable. I like the no sweat feature, 10 Sep 2014
I am wearing ti now as I sit to write. I need the support and it is snug and comfortable. I like the no sweat feature, and the adjustability.

DL/Trifold Flatpacked Freestanding Brochure/Leaflet Holder
DL/Trifold Flatpacked Freestanding Brochure/Leaflet Holder

3.0 out of 5 stars I was not as satisfied with the item because I did not know it ..., 10 Sep 2014
I was not as satisfied with the item because I did not know it was a plastic that needed assembly. The directions were not clear, and I folded the first one wrong. Otherwise, it is useable, but it comes apart easily.

The Queer Limit of Black Memory: Black Lesbian Literature and Irresolution (Black Performance and Cultural Criticism)
by Matt Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queer Limit--is not limited scholarship--surprising subgenre exploration on Black Lesbian writings, 16 Jun 2014
I ordered this book via Amazon because I discovered its existence through a websearch for critical articles on my own work as SDiane Adamz Bogus. I noted that I was quoted and included in the index and table of contents. I was delighted to find that the book used my long, neo-slave narrative, "Champayne Lady" as a part of it's central arguments about the nature of female bonding.
I read the chapters pertiennt to my work and found them exciting because I had never considered the narrative as a part of an area of discourse nor had I ever published this particular story. The author, Matt Richardson, had been diligent enough to seek out some of my work at the New York library where it housed. I respected that, and I respect his work since I bought the book without review or familiarity with the editor/author. In the book he says we had an interview, this I cannot verify as I do not remember him, but it is possible we did speak as I have had many interviews over the years and my work is anthologized often.
I would recommend the book to scholars who are interested in the sub-genre of Black Lesbian discourse and who wish to get an overview of several writes, including myself, who are concerned with this field of study. The book arrived unscathed and in a timely manner. I am always pleased to find books and products through Amazon and its network of sellers.

Samsara [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
Samsara [Dual Format Blu-ray + DVD]
Dvd ~ Ron Fricke

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsara--busy and diverse, 24 April 2014
This film panoramic pulled me into life in the modern world and did not let me go. It covered lands and places and people and things, and hurt sometimes to see. It was more viscereal than its cousiin Baraka. I watched ti twice and found the high speed images of people moving through the rush and mobilities of the city fascinating. The Thailand Kali like dancer was enthralling, and the handling of the baby chicks was appalling. anyione wanting to submerge into a Day in the Life of the Wrodl theme would be served by these moving images. I can't say I loved it, but I can say, it is not something to watch eating popcorn. It's sobering and entertaining and that's a hardbalance to strike. As always the delivery was timely but the price was a bit high for a new copy.

The Herbal Tarot Deck
The Herbal Tarot Deck
by Michael Tierra
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Herbal Tarot and Healing, 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Herbal Tarot Deck (Cards)
Of the several versions and knock-offs of the Rider-Waite Tarot, this Herbal Deck is the most original and useful. It adds a measure of action to the passive nature of the reading, suggesting that one can use specific plants and herbs to illuminate or activate the advice given. This deck can even institute frames of mind and wellness. It is not widely used in Europe as here there are older committments to older decks, but I think as a modern tool it is extraordinary and sacrifices nothing. The pentacles(coins in some other decks), the wands, the sword, and the cups are all sharpely illustrated and the little instruction book is wonderous to be so small. The deck does have a larger book also for the connosieur. It was delivered to me on time and in good shape. new and bright and ready to lay. I recommend this deck over the traditional one for healers and light workers who use cards.

Psy Cards: The Great Game of the Human Heart
Psy Cards: The Great Game of the Human Heart
by Maggie Kneen
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Psy Cards, 24 April 2014
The Psy Deck is new in my arsenal of useful toosls for clairvoynat and life readings.
They are completely flexible for different kinds of readings, and they approach iconography from a psychological direction.
There is little of the same symbolism as in the various tarot decks and oracles, but it maintains The Fool, The hermit (as the Sage) and uses the nebulous Yes and No cards as would a Ouija Board. I find it good for Past present Future Readings. It is also good for one card single question answers.
It is smaller in dimensions than most decks and easy to shuffle. It is not widely known, but it is going to be very significant in a while, like the Rider Tarot. It is second in my general and specific tools of its kind. It arrived right on time and I am pleased as usual with the vendor and Amazon. Price was more than fair.

Daughters of the Moon Tarot
Daughters of the Moon Tarot

5.0 out of 5 stars DOM--An Old Freinds Travels Internationally, 24 April 2014
I have been using DOM since i began my professional psychic practice in 1993.
I find it to be clear and feminine and direct.
Though it is a feminist deck, it is easily used with any gender, and it has graohics that speak within the TAROT and outside.
One can draw common symbology and insight using it.
I recently moved to Europe and found the deck unavailable in Denmark, so I ordered it again for my new clients here.
I rely upon it for true readings and powerful affirmations and confirmations.
Oracle Shariananda

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal Guides and Spiritual Awakenings, 15 Jan 2014
The Medicine cards are not to be taken for a random deck , nor its magic and meanings to be underestimated.
I first was given 9 totems from the book in Atlant, Georgia in l993 where a woman with a mystic name said, "If you have come upon these cards, it time for you to know your power animals." And so she preceded to draw the 9 cards for me of my power animals.I was told that they never change no matter how long you keep the book or use the cards. They do not, and they show up on Tv, t-shirts,bulletin boards, at the zoo, of course and in your dreams --they do speak. They represent the several directions: east south west north above below within. The book explains all of this in clear and mystic language associated with native traditions. Each animal is described, a story told about it, and what the meaning of the animals card is on this occasion if ,"it has found its way into your spread" as the books says.

This book has exquisite drawings of the animals it describes. They include my power animals mentioned above:
Raven (north),Coyote (south) ,Ant (below), Bat,(within) Bear(West) Dog(above"),frog(East) Whale(right side) Buffalo,(left side)Since I am the universe, these are the entire circumference of my being. So the thesis for the collection is that you have help and wisdom from the power animals whether you turn in or out. When I need to know which way to go, I can do a quick 1-card draw to see which animal is recommending the way. Say it's about staying or moving--coyote says to me it's not okay if you move;you will be in a "trick bag" because you always play tricks on yourself. And that is coyote medicine. So if I draw coyote, then I know I am about to send myself off on some wild tangent that I will need to correct or redo or do again later. I am to laugh at my coyote impulses and be aware and wary like coyote when I get this card.I once saw a coyote in Yosemite park when I was starting a new relationship. It was a rough go and coyote gave me fair warning. But all is well, though, bat helps me through inner transformations. Hhahah
Best of all, the book gives lay outs that are easy to use. I can say that since Raven/Crow is at the top of my 9 totems, I have formed a powerful relationship with that energy and in my physical everyday life crow sends me messages and alerts me to powerful changes. If you would like to hear more about what I have to say about crow medicine-see YouTube. I am Oracle Shariananda. This book lead me--in par tot my current path as healer--and I am grateful. This book has become a life companion reference book. I do readings for myself and others with the cards. It also has pages to add your own animals--I added alligator, rhinocerous,camel and elephant with notatiosn similar to the original editors'. Very powerful book and cards, needful to any light worker who draws on unseen energies and guides.