Profile for Jalex > Reviews

Content by Jalex

Jalex

Fujitsu Stylistic M532 10.1 inch Tablet PC (Nvidia Tegra 2 1.4GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 32GB HDD, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich) 3G

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as replacement to my iPad, 22 April 2013
I love my original 64gb, 3G iPad but it was time to upgrade. Best deal (including data pakage) offered by 'Three' would cost £929 over 2 years, buying the M532 (with additional Micro SD) & bargain data package £530 . I really dislike the lack of competition over iPad prices. A better data only deal was available via the 'Leaving Three' operator.

BTW, both tablets would need additional cases, cables & add ons . It's a while since I owned anything Android but I went for the high spec M532 tablet & I love it. Overall, its very smart, thin & light, very fast & 'business software' supplied is good. Now I have email & calendar set up, I have a much lighter tablet to work with when out & about. Screen is excellent for my needs, signal & stability on Three is fine, cameras I'll hardly ever use except on Skype. Battery is pretty good but I generally top during the day anyway, as I often did with my iPad.

My one concern then is for accessories. The dock & cradle, additional mains charger options are pricey - if available - and I really do need a cigarette lighter charger cable for use in the car. The tablet deserves to sell well & will keep me happy. ..Especially when I get those accessories sorted. Manufacturers do love selling proprietary plugs & add ons! :/

Price from Ballicom (Coventry) £320 inc delivery. So far I give it 5 stars & my wife has the iPad for BBC iPlayer viewing. I'm happy it continues in use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2013 2:35 PM BST

Coleman Hudson 450 Sleeping Bag SMU LH
Coleman Hudson 450 Sleeping Bag SMU LH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sleeping bag, 31 Mar. 2013
£38 through Amazon & I've slept comfortably in it, in my Campervan, through icy cold (!) & snowy weather.
I prefer this shape & find the plenty warm to sleep in, most recently with 5 inches of snow on the van. Great value.

Pocket Mechanic for VW Transporter T4 with Diesel Engines from 2000 2000
Pocket Mechanic for VW Transporter T4 with Diesel Engines from 2000 2000
by Peter R.D. Russek

4.0 out of 5 stars New to VW vans, 31 Mar. 2013
.. si I needed something to help me find my way around my T4.
A full Haynes manual would be better but until then ...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch Tablet - White (ARM Cortex A9 1.4GHz, 16GB, Wi-Fi, BT, Android 4.0)
Offered by Tech Retail UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A xmas gift for my son .., 31 Mar. 2013
He absolutely loves it & I wish I had bought one for myself.

Brilliant price / deal at that time.

Ultrasport F-Bike Exercise Bike
Ultrasport F-Bike Exercise Bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise, 2 Mar. 2013
My wife sits on this peddling away while watching Coronation St etc.
No matter, it does exactly what she wanted in an inexpensive way.

GrandGadgets ® - PREMIUM HDMI to HDMI Cable Gold 1 Metre
GrandGadgets ® - PREMIUM HDMI to HDMI Cable Gold 1 Metre
Offered by GRAND GADGETS

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap enough, 2 Mar. 2013
.. And I'm cheerful. Works a treat, just connecting yet another electronic box to my TV, what more can I say?

Visual Guide to Lock Picking
Visual Guide to Lock Picking
by Mark McCloud

4.0 out of 5 stars Take your pick ..., 14 Aug. 2010
Recently, as a collector of militaria, I have come across items that I want to buy but important keys are missing, protective inner / outer cases could not be opened. So far I have relied upon locksmiths and a friend to open boxes for me.

'Visual Guide to Lock Picking' has given me a greater understanding about locks, how they work and some variations on general themes. Hints and tips are provided and are very welcome.

Since I received my first set of lock picking tools I have been practicing.

Is the book a help? Yes it is. Without it .. I'd stand little chance of making progress.

Jalex