Profile for Mr B > Reviews

Mr B

Hang Ten Jack
Hang Ten Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Track!, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Hang Ten Jack (MP3 Download)
Great song, and all the money goes to charity. Hope this track goes far!
I have their debut album too and that is one of my favourites in the car!

Musicians Institute: Encyclopedia of Reading Rhythms: Text and Workbook for All Instruments
by Gary Hess
Edition: Sheet music

4.0 out of 5 stars I used this on the Train!, 4 Mar. 2013
This book is a must have for anyone wanting to learn to read rhythms on their own steam. If you want to slowly develop your skills at reading rhythms then this is a great book.
Lots of examples, explanations and even a tempo checklist for measuring your improvement.
The only negative I would state is that it went from intermediate examples to difficult quite quickly and I felt it could have bridged the gap better!
A very good book overall!

Introduction to Theories of Popular Culture
Introduction to Theories of Popular Culture
by Dominic Strinati

5.0 out of 5 stars Difficult for my Tiny Brain but Great!, 4 Mar. 2013
This book has some very high level reading on popular culture theories and it helped me when I related many of these theories to music culture as part of my degree course.
Some very good information although it was hard for me to digest, however thats probably just me!
Well worth it!

The Sex Revolts - Gender, Rebellion & Rock 'N' Roll (Cobee) (Cloth)
The Sex Revolts - Gender, Rebellion & Rock 'N' Roll (Cobee) (Cloth)
by Simon Reynolds

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, 4 Mar. 2013
I referenced this book for some university work whilst studying the, 'hyper-masculinity' around hip-hop and rap. Although this book did not contain a great amount of information on this subject I was able to pick out a few bits and also read into some of the other areas.
The book is split quite peculiarly into sections but I found it helped me in my research!

The Recording Engineer's Handbook
The Recording Engineer's Handbook
by Bobby Owsinski

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 4 Mar. 2013
This book provides a detailed insight into the world of a recording engineer. I myself am a working musician and wanted to learn a little more about professional recording equipment. This has some great information including pictures of specific equipment and information on mic placement and guidelines.
Highly Recommended!

U2: a Conspiracy of Hope
U2: a Conspiracy of Hope
by Dave Bowler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 4 Mar. 2013
Good book with some good info on the bands history, which I quoted to help with a level 4 project at university!

How To Make a Living Teaching Guitar (and other musical instruments)
How To Make a Living Teaching Guitar (and other musical instruments)
by Guy B Lee
Edition: Perfect Paperback

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Basic, 4 Mar. 2013
I bought this book to reference for some of my university work. It is definitely not high level information and was very basic, much of the information being general knowledge/common sense.

I would not recommend!

What's Love?
What's Love?

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: What's Love? (MP3 Download)
This album is by and up and coming band and is quality!!
I play it in the car all the time
Pop, rock and Indie genres mixed into some, 'catchy' tracks. Great vocal melodies, harmonies and rhythms in an overall great album!