Profile for Dan C > Reviews

Dan C

Optimum Men's Cycling Winter Gloves - Black, Large
Optimum Men's Cycling Winter Gloves - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, but get a size up, 5 April 2013
i would definitely recommend these gloves for the price, but i'm not sure i would call these gloves "winter" gloves as my hands still get cold in extreme low temperatures, however they are definitely windproof and that is why i purchased them.

i personally think the material is very good, despite some people complaining about the gloves tearing. i have used these gloves everyday for the past two weeks and they are still in as good a condition as i received them. i was also drawn to the reflective strips which come in handy when indicating in the dark.

i followed other reviewer's recommendation to get a size up and purchased size L (i'm usually size M), and the gloves fit relatively well, so i also advise getting a size bigger than usual.

E.V.I. Displex Display-Polish Verkaufsaufsteller m.24 Tuben
E.V.I. Displex Display-Polish Verkaufsaufsteller m.24 Tuben
Offered by total digital stores

1.0 out of 5 stars scratch removal?!, 3 Mar. 2012
this product doesn't remove the scratches for me, i kept using applications until the tube was empty and the scratch was exactly the same.

Ozone Gaming Gear Ground Level XT Gaming Mouse Pad
Ozone Gaming Gear Ground Level XT Gaming Mouse Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars solid gaming pad, 19 Aug. 2011
feels very nice and it's quite thick and sturdy. the grip on the bottom is very good and the pad doesn't move around while using it. my mouse glides perfectly over the top of it, and the size is very good all round. can't go wrong with it.

Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse
Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars great mouse for all uses, 19 Aug. 2011
I was a bit apprehensive in getting a lower price gaming mouse, but it is perfect! it glides well and the weights add a different dimension to it for whether you prefer it a bit heaver drag or lighter. really a good mouse and I use it for all my games and haven't had a problem.

Sony MDR-E11LP Fashionable In-ear headphones- White
Sony MDR-E11LP Fashionable In-ear headphones- White

4.0 out of 5 stars good for low-medium volume, 5 April 2011
I have had these earphones for a few years now, and they are still going very good, so that is one tick for durability.
I bought them as a replacement for some other Sony ones before these (can't remember the name, around £10), and they were better sound quality by far.

However I only believe these earphones are suitable for home use and low-medium volumes, as I find they lose a bit of quality once you turn the volume up high. I haven't personally found this a problem, as I don't like to have deafeningly loud music in my ears because it gives me a headache.

The 's' problem which has been noted does exist, however I rarely notice it and have lived with it comfortably.
The fit is slightly awkward without the earphones covers on the end, so I prefer to have them on to stop the earphone moving around whilst in my ear.

I only use these as backup earphones now, but if I ever need to use them then they will do the job sufficiently; they have good bass and crisp audio, therefore I can recommend them considering their price.

Hauppauge HD PVR USB Hi-def H.264 Video Capture Device,high Definition USB 2.0 Video Capture With Hardware H.264 Video Encoders
Offered by PCSuppliers

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 5 April 2011
does what it says on the box, works well for me despite taking a while to understand what goes where (and some software tweaks) some people have been saying that it doesn't come with a software disk if you order from amazon, well mine did come with the disk and i'm very happy with the product.

there have been posts on various sites about the hdpvr flickering when you plug the usb cable in (that doesn't necessarily mean it is faulty!). i fixed this by going onto the software and selecting the correct video input (y/pb/pr). i have a high-end computer so i personally haven't had any problems with recording.

i record from my tv and ps3 and it must be noted that you will need to BUY ADDITIONAL CABLES as it only comes with one (output from hdpvr) cable. I already had a component cable for tv but i bought an official sony AV component cable for ps3 for around £15.