Profile for Steve Gregg > Reviews

The Soloist [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jamie Foxx
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty DVD, 26 May 2013
This review is from: The Soloist [DVD] (DVD)
We ordered this DVD back in March. After just getting around to watching the film (we are big film lovers and have an exciting backlog), a fault prevents us from moving past chapter 13.

It's too late to return it now, how disappointing, as it's a great film - we will be ordering another copy from somewhere else....
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 12, 2013 10:55 AM GMT

Campingaz AC/DC Transformer
Campingaz AC/DC Transformer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - shame I had to buy it!, 11 Sept. 2012
I purchased a Mobicool W48 Thermoelectric Coolbox W48 12V on 3rd July 2012 from Conrad Electronics UK, which was delivered from Germany to an address in the UK - I live in Holland. EBay upheld the item advertised was NOT as described. Two power cables were clearly identified as being included in the purchase - one being the 12 Volt cable for use in a car cigarette lighter the other a 2 pin 230 Volt cable. The 230 Volt cable was 'missing' so, following non-existent Customer Service from Conrad, I improvised by buying this transformer via Amazon thereby, converting the 12 Volt to 240 Volt. Thank you CampinGaz and Amazon this is a great product!

Mobicool W48 DC Thermoelectric Cool Box
Mobicool W48 DC Thermoelectric Cool Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Item NOT as described, 11 Sept. 2012
I purchased a Mobicool W48 on 3rd July 2012, which was delivered from Germany to an address in the UK - I live in Holland. EBay upheld the item advertised was NOT as described. Two power cables are clearly identified as being included in the purchase - one being the 12 Volt cable for use in a car cigarette lighter the other a 2 pin 230 Volt cable. The 230 Volt cable was 'missing' so, following non-existent Customer Service from Conrad, I improvised by buying a transformer from Amazon thereby, converting the 12 Volt to 240 Volt. Thank you Amazon!

Eventually in September, eBay intervened upholding my complaint that Conrad had misrepresented the product. The opportunity was provided for me to return the Mobicool, but that was now situate in Holland, returning it would have cost me further! Another impasse!

I have had no alternative but to keep the Mobicool. Conrad Electronics UK could have made this whole issue dissappear quite amicably if they had simply reimbursed me for the £12.97 I spent on the transformer.

Rather than remedy the situation honourably, I experienced intransigent, rude and appalling service from both Conrad's UK and Dutch offices! I have reported the matter to Trading Standards!

It is interesting to note that following only 4 reviews - all of which are awful - Conrad Electronics have turned off the Customer Reviews aspect on their Conrad Electronics UK Freeindex page.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2013 6:40 PM BST