Profile for C Bell > Reviews

Content by C Bell

C Bell (hampshire)

Page: 1 | 2
The Very Best of Joni Mitchell: for Piano, Voice and Guitar (Pvg)
The Very Best of Joni Mitchell: for Piano, Voice and Guitar (Pvg)
by Joni Mitchell

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Joni Mitchell - love this!, 22 Jun 2013
I really love this music book. It is clearly presented and easy to read. The scores from her albums Blue and Ladies of the Canyon are particularly good because they are exactly as she plays them which is so satisfying. The arrangements for her earlier stuff are not as good however, because they were written originally for vocal and guitar only so they have been arranged for piano afterwards and don't have that special quality of the others. (Hence 4 stars)
Really enjoying playing these particularly Blue and River. I am grade 6 ABRSM piano and could sight read these quite easily so I would say they are about Grade 4ish. If you love Joni and play the piano you'll love this. Recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 22 Jun 2013
I used to use the Bodybio oil for omega 3 & 6 but this is almost ten pounds cheaper so I switched. Lots of good ingredients and health benefits I use a spoonful in my breakfast smoothie everyday.

Parker Quink Ink Cartridges Black Washable (Pack of 20)
Parker Quink Ink Cartridges Black Washable (Pack of 20)
Offered by AbbeyShake

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 22 Jun 2013
They fit my Parker fountain pen and work well, not sure what else I can say other than I like the fact they come in packs if 20. I use the pen a lot so it's good to buy in bulk.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2013 1:20 PM BST

One Drawing a Day: A 6-Week Course Exploring Creativity with Illustration and Mixed Media
by Veronica Lawlor

2.0 out of 5 stars I sent this back, 22 Jun 2013
I was really disappointed with this when I received it. There just really is not much content, just lots of the authors doodles. I was expecting a lot more for the money, so I sent it back. Amazon were great and gave a full refund.

Parker Reflex Green Barrel Fountain Pen - Fine Nib
Parker Reflex Green Barrel Fountain Pen - Fine Nib

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really a fine nib, 22 Jun 2013
I bought this to use as a drawing pen. It's o.k. it works as well as you would expect. The reason why I gave 3 stars though is because it is advertised as having a fine nib, and it really hasn't. It was quite cheap though, so I can't complain too much.

Aroma Home Silk Eye Mask - Pink
Aroma Home Silk Eye Mask - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep buying these!, 22 Jun 2013
Every year I buy a new one of these as a Xmas present to myself or I ask someone else to get me one. They are so comfortable and when you first get them they have a lovely smell of lavender. I have been using them for years and now I can't sleep without it!

Monotype: Mediums and Methods for Painterly Printmaking (Practical Art Books)
Monotype: Mediums and Methods for Painterly Printmaking (Practical Art Books)
by Julia Ayres

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 22 Jun 2013
I wanted a book specifically about monotype printing for an art course I am doing. This is perfect - it provides clear step by step advice on every aspect of the process from equipment through to different techniques you can use, with plenty of examples of other artists' work. Just what I needed- would recommend.

The Magic Lands: Folk Tales of Britain and Ireland
The Magic Lands: Folk Tales of Britain and Ireland
by Kevin Crossley-Holland

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting folk stories, 22 Jun 2013
I am interested in traditional British folk tales and this provided lots of them. It is not the most engaging story book I have ever read, the writing style isn't the best. But for me who really just wanted to know the plots it suited me fine.

The Fundamentals of Illustration
The Fundamentals of Illustration
by Lawrence Zeegen

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful book providing an overview of the basics., 22 Jun 2013
I wanted a book that provided me with an overview of the illustration process as I am considering studying it as an option in my creative arts degree. It does provide a good understanding of the subject, and I also like the way that it is structured graphically - using box outs and diagrams which add interest and it is actually a very lovely book to look at. For me, as I am a very visual person, the pictures and structure really helps me to learn and keep me motivated. It gave me what I needed - an overview of the subject. However, if you already have studied illustration and are a professional I am not sure how much this book will offer you- hence 4 stars rather than 5.

The Grief Recovery Handbook, 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition: The Action Program for Moving Beyond Death, Divorce, and Other Losses including Health, Career, and Faith: (20th Anniversary Edition)
by John W. James

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 22 Jun 2013
This book was a revelation to me, I have been dealing with some complicate grief issues over the past ten years which have affected my health. This book has started to help me make sense of things. The authors write with such compassion and empathy which makes you feel that you are not alone and that having these feelings is natural and normal. The book is structured into a process for you to work through in order to complete the grieving process. They say that grief gets stuck if you wish things had been different, better or more in terms of your relationship with the other person or the way that they died, they provide really helpful strategies to come to terms with it all and move forward. The book is also helpful for those dealing with divorce, loss of career, loss of health etc.
I haven't finished all of the exercises yet but I am nearly there and am already starting to feel changes within myself. I would recommend this book to anyone that is dealing with a loss of any kind.

Page: 1 | 2