Profile for R. Sovndahl > Reviews

Content by R. Sovndahl

R. Sovndahl "Telephone Expert" (London, UK)

AURAGLOW 10w Remote Control Colour Changing LED Light Bulb E27, Super Bright Version
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It's only good if you use the colours, 24 May 2013
The white colour is cold and not warm, just be aware of this and you can't dim the lamp only control the speed i changes colour with.

Cross-Cultural Business Behavior: Marketing, Negotiating and Managing across Cultures
by Richard R. Gesteland

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sales, marketing and consultancy abroad, 24 Aug 2001
Cross-cultural Business Behavior, was a part of our export marketing strategy course at Copenhagen Business College.
The book has hands on examples of situations of cross-cultural behavior, from Richard Gestelands own experience, in doing business abroad. Richard Gesteland has lived in several countries, and works as a consultant in cross cultural business behavior.
The book also provides a theoretical background, and defines why cultural differences are important in doing business. It covers aspects like time differences, from Fluid to Fixed time. Relationships focused countries and deal focused countries, masculine and feminine cultures. It takes a broad view of business culture in general without being too simplistic.
As an account manager with clients from all Four Corners of the globe. I have found the theoretical background and hands on examples efficient and precise, and helped me win sales more easily, by being able to adapt to different cultures, and to understand how not to confront and how to confront customers on a global basis.
Having read several books on this subject, I find that when it comes to European and Asian cultural differences the book defines Europe in a much more detailed segmentation, e.g. not all Scandinavian countries is alike in how to conduct business in each individual country. It even made me understand my own culture better, and thus made me able to see how my culture is viewed around the globe, so I could avoid being too direct and too deal focused.
By recommending it to my colleagues, due to our multi cultural environment, the book has helped us understanding and dealing with the difference in approaches within our team and company.
I would especially recommend this book if you are in sales, marketing or consulting and are looking to or are doing business abroad.