Profile for Purple Star > Reviews

Content by Purple Star

Purple Star

Page: 1 | 2
ladies coloured leather gloves (M/L, Red)
ladies coloured leather gloves (M/L, Red)
Offered by The London Way

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 5 Jan 2014
These gloves were bought as a Christmas pressie, and my Mum loved them! The colour was spot on.
Great price also!!

1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop
1,339 QI Facts To Make Your Jaw Drop
by John Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this as a Crimbo pressie .. He really loved it, and got stuck in straight away.
Great price too!

chinkyboo Fashion Ladies Scarf Shawls Cat Print Scraves 100% Chiffon Wrap - Black
Offered by chinkyboo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Jan 2014
This scarf is exactly what I was looking for .. It's lightweight, soft, and looks pretty and chic!
I may get the cream one also!

Large Vintage Look Wooden Wall Plaque - EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON - 30cm x 30cm
Offered by BuzzBase

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but wrong info, 26 Dec 2013
This item was given to me as a gift and I really love it!
However I would just like to state that the measurements written on here are wrong ... It is 40cm by 30cm!!

Ways to get over a bad day
Ways to get over a bad day

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 20 Oct 2012
I only read a couple of pages and had to give up. It is barely readable, due to errors. What was readable still didn't make an awful lot of sense. Shame really

PT Photo Frame Clock Family Time Brushed, Aluminium Silver, Large
PT Photo Frame Clock Family Time Brushed, Aluminium Silver, Large
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and creative!, 8 Jun 2012
For someone like me (who loves photos) it was a great way to put some more up, without completely dominating the room, lol!!
My only problem was trying to decide which photos to use and what order to have them!
It's a real focal point - nearly everyone that comes to my house comments on how good it looks, and what a great idea.
And with 12 photos, you can fill it with all the people (and/or pets) most important to you :)
Takes no self assembly either.

FRIENDS TV Show Trivia Game
FRIENDS TV Show Trivia Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for a friends fan!, 8 Jun 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am die hard friends fan, and this game is good fun!
You can play it alone, or against a friend. And it saves your score history.
Some very interesting obscure questions in there, some that even had me stuck! You can choose between easy, medium, or hard levels, and how many questions they ask you in the round.
And it is narrated by Gunther (from the coffee house), Judy (Ross and Monica's Mum) and Janice (Oh.. My.. God!)

Operation Mincemeat: The True Spy Story That Changed the Course of World War II
Operation Mincemeat: The True Spy Story That Changed the Course of World War II
by Ben Macintyre

5.0 out of 5 stars It went down a storm :), 8 Jun 2012
I bought this book as a present for my Dad (who is extremely hard to buy for!!). He really loved it, he's mentioned about it to me a few times since, which is unusual for him!
So a great present!

20Q
20Q

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever, fun, and gets you thinking!, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I've bought a few of these as gifts, and have one myself. I think they are a great little invention! Fun for all the family (old and young). You can play it alone, or as a group. Great for a boring car journey!!
And it really gets you trying to think of obscure things that it won't guess, but a lot of the time it still does! It guessed aubergine once, which completely shocked me, lol!!
It also comes out with humorous little sayings in-between the questions. It's small and light, so easy to take anywhere.
And it automatically shuts off if you haven't used it for a few minutes, so as not to waste the battery.

ClimaxDigital VCAP303 USB 2.0 Video capture with Audio + DVD/VCD Maker from video source: VHS, V8, Hi8 for laptop/PC,video recorder, camcorder, DVD player or Satellite TV receiver,supports *XP/Vista 32/Vista 64/Window 7/8 32&64*)+Support Xbox 360/PS3 colour recording+upload video directly to YouTube + ArcSoft ShowBiz 3.5+*FREE AV cable & SCART Adaptor*
Offered by ClimaxDigital UK (VAT NO: GB948688449)

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good value!, 8 Jun 2012
Positives - I now have all my camcorder tapes, and old VHS videos on my laptop, so i know they are safe and i can now edit and play around with them. And all for a very low price.

Negatives - Whilst i found actually copying them onto the laptop simple, i found i couldn't seem to work the enclosed software to edit them, which was very frustrating! (Though in the end i did it by using the windows software already installed on my laptop)

Conclusion - Overall i think it's a cheap way to make sure you don't lose all your old precious memories, compared to paying someone else to do it! But you do have to have patience, lol!
I have already made a DVD as a present, using some of the old footage, and it was a huge success!!

Page: 1 | 2