Profile for Eve > Reviews

Content by Eve

Eve (stoke on trent, staffs United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Ceramide Skin Smoothing Concealer by Elizabeth Arden Light, 5.5ml
Ceramide Skin Smoothing Concealer by Elizabeth Arden Light, 5.5ml
Offered by WomanlyCharm
Price: 14.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 8 Jan 2014
I have two concerns when looking for a concealer. I have really bad dark circles and fine lines.
Typically if you get a heavy duty concealer it shows up every line.

This will not totally cover those punched in the eye dark circles (few products will) but it is good enough for everyday wear, it covers well, doesn't cake, blends well and I assume because of the ceramides it doesn't show up every fine line.

This is my go-to product (when not using a speciality high level product e.g dermacolour/dermablend). Highly recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2014 7:37 PM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Jan 2014
For the price this is good value. Several years ago I spent a lot of money on getting my teeth whitened at a denist, it worked but also made my teeth more sensitive and at the time and you got sent home with a load of syringes of peroxide to keep up the process.

You won't get the freaky white colour of the stars (whose teeth are capped to give them snow white teeth, teeth are not that colour naturally) but if like me you drink a fair amount of coffee they will lighten, I saw a difference after one use. I'm currently not following the twice a day for a week as they recommend but just as an occassional treatment.(I might do the 2x a day for a week with my next kit to see how much they will whiten).

Happy with the cost, the result and knowing I'm not damaging my teeth stripping them with peroxide.

Politics and the English Language
Politics and the English Language
by George Orwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Important, dated, still worth a read, 8 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not a book but an essay and this edition feels a little flimsy.

It is essentially a call for writers to be precise and not fanny about with waffle and bluster...which is of course what we have in most cases today. You can decide for yourselves if txtspk and twitter have enhanced our language or whether a :) a the end to a message adds clarity or confusion.

Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll On Kit Legs and Arms 50 ml
Offered by Gordons Direct
Price: 18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 Stars for the ratio of hairs it removed, 6 May 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This didn't work for me. I'd say it removed about 15% of the hair on the areas I treated which compared to regular waxing (and even some simple wax strips is very poor)

I tried leaving the wax to heat between 20-50 mins. Same result.
I tried using this on short hair to hair I left for a good few days. Made no difference

The wax itself is more like a plastic (you can remove any excess with baby oil and not just the wipes)

If this works for you then great. The best home use 'wax' (which again was more like a plastic) that you could genuinely use on short hair I can't seem to find anymore - probably because people can easily burn themselves if they're a bit dumd/careless heating wax in the mircowave.

I like the idea but the product was no good for me.

The Art of Monarchy  (BBC Radio 4)
The Art of Monarchy (BBC Radio 4)
by Will Gompertz
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 7.34

3.0 out of 5 stars For history buffs and art lovers alike, 18 Feb 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Why anyone would issue a spoken word CD covering art without including at the very least a booklet showing the items is to me a little strange, (maybe for the blind!) however, that being said, it is packed full on information but to get the most from this you really are best following the link in the leaflet (BBC4) or just typing the name of whatever artifact Gompertz is discussing.

You can imagine this being brought to life with a Simon Schama-esque TV series. I can see this appealing to history buffs.

Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Atomizer
Travalo Pure Essentials Refill Perfume Atomizer
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel, 28 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're like me you have more than one or two perfumes in your collection. How do you choose which to travel with or do you carry samples vials in your handbag?

This is a perfect little gadget. I can see myself getting a couple more. Has to be idiot proof to use. Take the top of your perfume bottle, place the refill on it and press it up and down a few times - sorted.

Short review and there's not much else to say. Product works exactly as described and I'm very happy with it.

VIBE Slick Zip Headphones - Red
VIBE Slick Zip Headphones - Red
Price: 22.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea but.., 22 Nov 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pluses - you get 3 sizes of ear bud to select so they're very comfortable.

They're quite 'basey' not what I'm used to but they do have a good pick up range and I'm hearing things in tracks that I've heard before - always kinda exciting when trying new gadgets.

I used to run the cable for these types of headphones under my t-shirt and out through the neck to stop tangles so the zipper stops that design is quite nifty.

The biggest down for me if you zip up it has an amplified effect through the headphones that is quite loud and also if you tap the zipper part of the cable you get the same amplified boom effect which if you're moving about if really irritating (to me).
If you're not sure what I mean - you know when sound techs go tap tap tap on a microphone? That.

So it's kind of hit and miss, sound quality and design I like, I don't like the feedback when the cable is knocked.

Medicarn Latin Dance Weight Loss Fitness Program Dance Workout Kit
Medicarn Latin Dance Weight Loss Fitness Program Dance Workout Kit
Offered by InternetukShop
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Professional Salsa Class anyone, 26 Sep 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Breakdown of footwork is bad.

There is a breakdown of SOME of the footwork under Separate Sections and not even those you use in the warm up!

Not sure if this meant to be full on Salsa class or exercise class because I think the footwork is far to complicated and will be off putting to a fair amount of people especially as it's marketed as a fitness programme. I can understand wanting to keep things challenging but this is too much.

I've done a fair bit of zumba and several other dance forms. This makes me want to give up rather than struggle through not getting a proper workout and more frustrated.

However, this is based on my first impression of wanting to throw it through the window or send it back. I will however try a couple of more times with it and report back but right now I would not recommend this.

The Private Patient: Radio Drama (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries)
The Private Patient: Radio Drama (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries)
by P D James
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Now concentrate, 20 Sep 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was my first experience of P.D James work. I've not read any other works so I can't comment on how this rates in relation to them.
It it well acted (always a worry for audiobooks imo) well presented, it switches between narrator & drama well enough without breaking tension.

If detective/murder/mysteries are your thing I'm sure you'd enjoy this. I always like to keep a few audiobooks to hand when travelling by train. Less bulky than books and you can get this covered in two hours. Not sure I'd tackle the book though.

The Complete Theory Test 2012 Edition (PC)
The Complete Theory Test 2012 Edition (PC)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes learning the highway code fun, 19 April 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all I've not yet sat my test but I have spent a few good hours trawling the internet trying to find online versions of the various stages of the driving test. Just get this. It'll save you hours of wasted time. It's easy to set up, and use and I love that it covers all both theory and the all important hazard perception (knew I should have taken my test years ago before all this came in).

It actually makes learning this stuff fun rather than dragging a book about and flicking through it when you get chance.

Best of luck.