Profile for Pulse Heart > Reviews

Content by Pulse Heart

Pulse Heart (Norway)

Sudoku Master (Nintendo DS)
Sudoku Master (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Trade-N-Go Gaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Suduko game but could be even better., 27 Nov. 2009
I am something of a suduko addict. Suduko is one of the reasons I bought the DSi.

Before buying this game I used the suduko part of the Brain Training program, and the downloaded free Sudoko 150 game from Hudson. Suduko Master is also from Hudson, something I was not aware of when I bought it. Unfortunately the free game has one feature that this game lacks.

There are plenty of puzzles, several hundred at least, at differing levels. Easy puzzles take me 5-10 mins. intermediate 15-20 mins. and hard 25-40 mins. Of course times are dependant on both thinking speed and how fast you punch in the numbers with the stylus.

The game scores you out of 4 stars for easy, out of 5 for intermediate and out of 6 stars for hard. Your score is tallied and when you reach certain numbers new puzzles are opened up including challenge levels.

The scoring creates an amount of stress which I am not sure I appreciate, but which is hard to turn off mentally. When I get stuck I start thinking about the clock ticking.

The game plays very similar to the downloadable Hudson 150 game. Everything is entered with the stylus, on the touch screen. You select a square. You select whether to enter a number in the full square or one of the 4 available notation spots. And you press the number.

When you select a square it highlights the 3x3 square and the line and column that square shares. If you select a square twice quickly that has been filled in then all numbers of that denomination are highlighted (e.g. all 7's). Unfortunately you cannot have all selected numbers highlighted at the same time as you highlight the line and column. This is something you can do in the free game and it is a pity it isn't in this game.

As mentioned the game only has 4 available notations pr square whereas Brain Training suduko has 9. I have so far not had a problem with that, but if you like to make note of all possible numbers for every square it will be a problem.

The game does not allow more than one profile. So you cannot track progress of several players.

All in all an excellent suduko game that I can recommend to anyone who hasn't already got more than enough suduko titles. There is room for improvement.