Profile for Mad Dog > Reviews

I'm Not Really Here
I'm Not Really Here
by Paul Lake

4.0 out of 5 stars A great story from a lesser known pro, 4 Oct. 2015
This review is from: I'm Not Really Here (Paperback)
Paul Lake was able to play football at the highest level and for the club he loved; he lived many people's dreams.
But, his story is still incredibly sad as injury robbed of him of a full career and surely many more honours and recognition.
Lake is brutally honest and as a reader, I really understood his pain and frustration, and the loneliness he felt.
It's easy for football fans to sneer at footballers when they are injured but still are paid huge sums of money (something that Lake wasn't in fact). But the reality is that being injured as a footballer/athlete is THE worst scenario.
Lake was forgotten by his club as his struggled to overcome horrific injuries, but it is testament to the man (and his ability) that the fans never did.

Mpow® Swift Stereo Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sport Earphones Running Headphones Headset with Mic Hands-free Calling and AptX for iPhone 6s , 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, 5 5c 5s 4s ipad, LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 S3 Note 3 and Other Android Cell Phones, Black
Offered by Patox

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 4 Oct. 2015
These headphones just constantly fall out of my ears. Even when I am not moving around.
Really disappointing, and not ergonomic at all.

Ready Player One
Ready Player One
by Ernest Cline

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 4 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Ready Player One (Paperback)
I'll make this declaration right now, I do not read much fiction or books in general.
I'm a big fan of Max Barry, and I thought there was a lot of similarity here - this is mainly due to how much I loved the characters; I was really rooting for them.
From the moment I picked this up I couldn't put it down.
I highly recommend this to anyone who plays video games and/or is interested in sci-fi.

Panasonic SC-HTB485EBK 250 W Soundbar with Wireless Down Firing Subwoofer and Wireless Music Streaming

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundbar - Great Value for Money, 4 Oct. 2015
Update:
I am now on my 4th fuse for this product within 5 months. I just attempt to turn it on and it doesn't work, and I've had to replace the fuse. I assume this is a fault, and I have contacted Panasonic to get a replacement.

Review of quality of system still applies:
I was very close to purchasing the Sonos Soundbar, but after reading many of the reviews on Amazon and then comparing to this, I opted for the Panasonic Soundbar. I'm VERY pleased with my decision.
I have a Panasonic TV, so I've been able to use the Viera link so I can use my TV remote for simple actions with the Soundbar.
The power and quality of sound is awesome, and with the different sound modes, I can really tell the difference in each mode, for example Stadium for when I am watching live football.

Cornilleau Polyester Cover for Rollaway Compact Tables
Cornilleau Polyester Cover for Rollaway Compact Tables
Offered by Sweatband

4.0 out of 5 stars Plain and simple, 4 Oct. 2015
No thrills product, as expected. This is a recent purchase, so I'm just hoping it does counter the elements.

Saga Volume 5 (Saga Tp)
Saga Volume 5 (Saga Tp)
by Brian K. Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 4 Oct. 2015
This series if absolutely amazing. It's one of the few series that I've had the pleasure of reading in real time, rather than having a whole back catalog to pick up. It's completely unique and I cannot wait for the next instalment.

Bjorn Borg Men's Sam Short Sleeve Polo Shirt, Caviar Black, Small
Bjorn Borg Men's Sam Short Sleeve Polo Shirt, Caviar Black, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Great brand, no matter the item of clothing, 4 Oct. 2015
I got this in the sale (£15). It's a great fit and I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Belkin F8W500 Sport-Fit Fitness Armband for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s - Black
Belkin F8W500 Sport-Fit Fitness Armband for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s - Black
Offered by BESTBUYIT

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 10 July 2015
There is a fundamental flaw in this product.
I tried to plug in my headphones and because the material is so tight, the jack just kept on popping out. Very frustrating.
I had the same product but for my iPhone 5 and never had this issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2015 10:51 AM BST

iPhone 6s Case, Anker® Ultra Protective Case With Built-in Clear Screen Protector for iPhone 6 / iPhone 6s (4.7 inch) Drop-Tested, Dust Proof Design (Black/Grey)
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommended, 10 July 2015
So far so good.
It's really easy to remove, which is important when I use a running pouch.
I've dropped my iPhone a couple of times and no damage I report.
The plastic covers for the headphone and charger port are a little annoying, and I'm not sure if they are really needed.
But I'm pleased and I think the price is very reasonable.

TP-LINK TL-WA750RE 150Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function,Easy Configuration)
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 20 July 2013
Although I live in a rather small flat, my wi-fi signal does not carry from my lounge (where my router is) through to my bedroom. I'd put up with this problem for ages, after several calls with Sky to try and improve the strength with no joy. I have this plugged in just outside my bedroom and it really is what I was looking for.
I had absolutely no problem in setting it up, I followed the first set of installation instructions and I was enjoying full signal in my bedroom within minutes. Very happy with this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3